• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ethereal

• popularmoonlight

• dirrtydiana

• KatyPrismSpirit

it's funny bc i hated the song when it first came out but my job gaslit me into liking it with how many times they played it and it's a cute little bop now 

• Haha 2

dopamine is such a bad title. she should've kept butterfly effect. oh well no on would be streaming anyway

I'm perched but I agree Motivation wasn't the best single choice when she had all those tracks with Calvin Harris before

IMG_9515.thumb.gif.73a708ebb86f66eef10f1

Edited by Princess Aurora

Motivation is nowhere near to being her best song. Pop trolls really are the worst. Waves, Fair, Wild Side, 1:59 >>>>>>>>>

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 4

such negative comments in this thread… what has this girl even done to you? :toofunny3:

i can understand why she would feel bad at the time Motivation was released since she was still young and wanted to make more lowkey and understated R&B such Wild Side and 1:59 

but she says she likes it now so it's all good! :cm:

Atrl has terrible taste

6 minutes ago, AFullMoonlight said:

Motivation is nowhere near to being her best song. Pop trolls really are the worst. Waves, Fair, Wild Side, 1:59 >>>>>>>>>

Atrl is full of basic pop stans with basic taste

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

Motivation was a bad song so I can't blame her. But the video was cool. 

Saying this but saying 1:59 is her best song when it's the most 6/10 R&B song in existence :rip:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 6

That being said this new single feels like an underwhelming rehash of Wild Side

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Armani? said:

Saying this but saying 1:59 is her best song when it's the most 6/10 R&B song in existence :rip:

like i've been telling the girls that if this was a Kehlani or Summer Walker song it would be an album track at best

• Thanks 1

she is right motivation is far from being her best single my personal favorite would have to be Waves.

I get it: it wasn't the sound she wanted. But it did work for her. It's interesting the two titles the album went through, and both feel like different projects: 1906 and Butterfly Effect.

1 hour ago, ariesgroove said:

motivation eats but if you genuinely think it's better than a wild side or a 1:59 you're lying :deadbanana4:

But that is the truth. It is miles better than 1:59

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Armani? said:

To me Motivation was always a watered down Sweetener scrap. It just didn't feel like Normani. 

1:59 however is at least more authentic to her. It's a sexy bop + its catchy af. 

And she wanted the release the rest? 

Excuse Me What GIF

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

But she was okay with releasing 1:59 :bibliahh: she can't be serious 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

4 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

1:59 however is at least more authentic to her. It's a sexy bop + its catchy af. 

Is it even better than let's say Stretch You Out by Summer Walker which arguably isn't even top 10 or barely top 10 on the album?

I always wish she released more but then I am reminded that BOTH her parents got cancer which is devastating for anyone. If you have the means to not work for that long to be around your loved ones when they are sick and to take care of your mental health I think we'd all do it. She has the means and took advantage of that and just focused on self healing, self love and taking care of her parents who she loves a lot. That reminds me that the 6 years was kind of understandable in a way...I know the majority of us would have to push through and work regardless but ofr those with the means to not I don't blame u at all

• Like 5

and this new song is better? girl, with this taste you're done before you even started :ahh:

• Haha 1

44 members browsing this thread, but I thought she was over?

Normani will release the music she wants :heart2: I trust her vision, because I do think we'll get an excellent body of work. Instead of releasing quick little singles that come off as too try-hard, I'm glad she's taken her time with this, because we've all seen how that fared for another girl-group member turned soloist.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

It's good to read that she has more control over her life and career now, but it's hard to take what she says about Motivation seriously, when it's not like what she just released is levels above (it's not). Let's see what her album brings, because it'd be funny if it's even more uninspired work :rip: 

8 minutes ago, Armani? said:

Is it even better than let's say Stretch You Out by Summer Walker which arguably isn't even top 10 or barely top 10 on the album?

I mean this is just a first taste of the album. I obviously love Summer's music more and Stretch You Out is a good song but so is 1:59. I'm sure Normani will probably have better songs on the album.

Motivation sounded like an Ariana Grande leftover so it makes sense. 

Wild Side is amazing though, it should be part of the album cause this new single is not it. 

• Thumbs Down 1

Yeah she cried because motivation went against her career self sabotage 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.