Songs that you thought came out earlier but were released later

Mandalay

For example, I always thought this song was released in late 70s or something, but actually it came out in 92/93.

Another example is Ricky Martin's 'Livin la vida loca'. The melody was retro. That's why. 

Zombie by the Cranberries too.

Share your experience.

• Like 1

I thought Gaga was already a veteran by 2009 and poker face is old as hell but turned out she was in her debut era:chick1:

Edited by TitanicSurvivor

Machete

Not just a song but growing up I thought Amy Winehouse was a singer from the 60s :rip:

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Machete said:

Not just a song but growing up I thought Amy Winehouse was a singer from the 60s :rip:

Understandable 

• Like 1

Toploader — Dancing In The Moonlight. It came out in 2000 but for some reason I always thought it was much older. It doesn't really sound older but it's just such a cemented classic. 

• Like 1

thought it was 2010 tbh

I thought Single Ladies came out some three years earlier than it did. :rip:

On 4/26/2024 at 3:39 AM, Hobbes said:

Toploader — Dancing In The Moonlight. It came out in 2000 but for some reason I always thought it was much older. It doesn't really sound older but it's just such a cemented classic. 

This may be because the original was done by King Harvest in late 1972/early 1973: 

• Like 1

When I was younger I thought Can't Get You Out Of My Head was like a classic from the 80s when it would have only been a few years old

7 minutes ago, greento said:

When I was younger I thought Can't Get You Out Of My Head was like a classic from the 80s when it would have only been a few years old

Lol, yes. I thought the same.

On 4/27/2024 at 3:01 PM, pride4jc1222 said:

This may be because the original was done by King Harvest in late 1972/early 1973: 

Well damn! Didn't know it was a cover. Thank you for educating me - it makes so much more sense now. Explains why is has that timeless feel. :)

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.