• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nooniebao

• Wonbin

• Cap87

• popularmoonlight

1 hour ago, Monsieurgedeon said:

Nobody would greenlit an album with 0 budget, but yeah let's believe that this rollout was actually planned rather than all the facts I shared before….

It's really curious how by checking your profile, I can see that you've had shared ZERO insider tea prior to you deciding to chime in here. And we're supposed to believe you? Sure Jan…

54 minutes ago, Crank_It_Up said:

It's really curious how by checking your profile, I can see that you've had shared ZERO insider tea prior to you deciding to chime in here. And we're supposed to believe you? Sure Jan…

I just think this case is particularly interesting on a business standpoint  (I work in business dev for a A&R company and  as I followed it since the beginning. I think it's actually very interesting tea to share and to discuss while not spoiling anything. It's just how the music business works (and any business really) . 

She had balls and it paid of somehow as she was able to release finally but she could have done also way more on her own if she really wanted to. 

42 minutes ago, matthado said:

A few songs have surfaced just recently. Slow Jam, Remind Me and Killing Me.

Where are they!? 

1 hour ago, matthado said:

A few songs have surfaced just recently. Slow Jam, Remind Me and Killing Me.

Were they intended for Dopamine?

On 6/26/2024 at 8:45 AM, Monsieurgedeon said:

The story goes like this: the album was never planned to be released in the first place. She decided to announce the album out of the blue with the artwork, putting the label on blast without any notice, and basically forcing them to release something. Of course, this manœuvre didn't go to well as there was nothing to announce to begin with, no final tracklist, no date, nothing (explains also the long silence that ensued). 

Label decided to go with it but with minimal investment as to prove their point: the album is not solid enough and without any investment on our side you won't go anywhere. Don't expect any video or performance or anything, this is the whole project as it is. 

Cap lmao, RCA doesn't work like this at all. :rip: So many of their artist have tried to force releases and they just pay them dust. 

Tinashe even leaked Party Favours to try get her rollout moving after delays and they scolded her. 

What most likely happened was a falling out with A&R's and they came to an agreement that we'll let you release on your terms but we're not investing much in the project upfront 

Edited by Tinashebanks

44 minutes ago, Tinashebanks said:

Cap lmao, RCA doesn't work like this at all. :rip: So many of their artist have tried to force releases and they just pay them dust. 

Tinashe even leaked Party Favours to try get her rollout moving after delays and they scolded her. 

What most likely happened was a falling out with A&R's and they came to an agreement that we'll let you release on your terms but we're not investing much in the project upfront 

This sounds a lot more legit and also the falling out probably happened because of Brandon and potentially keepcool folding 

1 hour ago, Motivation93 said:

This sounds a lot more legit and also the falling out probably happened because of Brandon and potentially keepcool folding 

The Brandon thing is insane :rip:… like do we even know why Zack Sang got pulled 

And **** Tunji! 

3 hours ago, Spicy_TyTy said:

Where are they!? 

I cannot share where they are, but they are out there. Another track called Beautiful Disaster has also surfaced since my post.

3 hours ago, willmcclure9 said:

Were they intended for Dopamine?

I am not an insider so I cannot say 100%, but people are saying they were at least intended to be on one version of her debut album.

• Like 1

That person is clearly not an insider. I saw a post on the last page before they edited it saying "RCA was going to fire Normani". No one that has any kind of insider knowledge would say she was being fired as if it is a regular job. 

The nation is always desperate for insiders though so that's why people who are bored can blatantely lie and be believed :toofunny2:

5 hours ago, 4RCH1M3D35 said:

So what is stopping the music video from being released now?

The world will never know. She says a lot of nothing in interviews when talking about delays and roadblocks.

The Zach sang interview is actually kind of sad. She seems exhausted from the process and I'm happy she persevered but honestly doesn't seem as happy as someone should be with an album out lol 

20 hours ago, Motivation93 said:

The tour will also help her recoup her ROI so that's def happening

Touring costs the label money too so we'll have to wait and see what happens. She has yet to book a performance. I would have expected her to perform at some festivals this summer to support the album but none yet. 

Rooting for mah good sis Normani, Is she gonna chart higher the 2nd week ? Coz all yours have been on repeat 

and someone let that candy paint music video out jeesus

• Like 1

Watching Zach Sang's interview makes me wonder why she is putting so much disappointment out there now that the album is out. I understand she's sorrowful about this painful process, but from the business standpoint, it's not the smartest strategy. People are not going to check the album if you cloud it with so much resentment. It sounds like she resents the album almost. 

i mean, i could be wrong, i hope people will care about what she says, but album is about sex and she presents herself as some sexual goddess on the cover and then interviews are about sadness.. it doesnt seem cohesive.

i understand you should aknowledge your fans waited 5 years for the album (or more) but change the topic, focus on excitement for making music and lie at least how awesome you feel about it. she said in zach sang interview she outgrew insomnia. and then she pretends to be shy and like she cant speak on songs deeper.

idk.

i love the album, but this promo is coming for katy perry witness  promo where she streamed her crying and stuff

edit: continued watching and now she doesnt even feel take my time 

idk whats with this girl. 

Edited by sweetkiss
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, sweetkiss said:

Watching Zach Sang's interview makes me wonder why she is putting so much disappointment out there now that the album is out. I understand she's sorrowful about this painful process, but from the business standpoint, it's not the smartest strategy. People are not going to check the album if you cloud it with so much resentment. It sounds like she resents the album almost. 

i mean, i could be wrong, i hope people will care about what she says, but album is about sex and she presents herself as some sexual goddess on the cover and then interviews are about sadness.. it doesnt seem cohesive.

i understand you should aknowledge your fans waited 5 years for the album (or more) but change the topic, focus on excitement for making music and lie at least how awesome you feel about it. she said in zach sang interview she outgrew insomnia. and then she pretends to be shy and like she cant speak on songs deeper.

idk.

i love the album, but this promo is coming for katy perry witness  promo where she streamed her crying and stuff

edit: continued watching and now she doesnt even feel take my time 

idk whats with this girl. 

not only she said she outgrew insomnia, but she also doesn't like Take My Time that much, don't like the All Yours bridge and I won't even start on Little Secrets...

I've never seen an artist talk this bad about their own material WHILE PROMOTING IT. to talk bad things about Motivation like she's been doing is one thing, but about Dopamine... and she's been cooking this album for all these years and still isn't satisfied? be for real lol

(the album is amazing tho, she doesn't know what she's saying)

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.