Pet Shop Boys shade Taylor "Where are the famous songs?"

Shelter

3 hours ago, Sabrina Carpenter said:

oh so he released a new album that's why Taylor's name was brought up :ahh:

no Taylor, no clout :monkey:

Dear God, get an existence. Get a sense of perspective.  Get some idea of musical history beyond a few years ago, and stop embarrassing yourself.

Neil Tennant has zero need to bring Ms Swift into a conversation to sell albums. I highly doubt at this stage he gives any f*cks whatsoever what the sales numbers are.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Down 2

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thequeenofpopmadonna

• WildHeart

• LIDDOATIN

• Shelter

2 minutes ago, Vermouth said:

Neil Tennant has zero need to bring Ms Swift into a conversation to sell albums. 

Sure...

flop.PNG?ex=662d7181&is=662c2001&hm=0ebc

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 7

1 minute ago, JO1s said:

Sure...

And the award for totally missing the point goes to….     

• Thanks 5

She really has no classics that'll stand the test of time though, so I see where he is coming from. 

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 3

Love Story is close but points are made

gretchen-gifs.gif

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Vermouth said:

Dear God, get an existence. Get a sense of perspective.  Get some idea of musical history beyond a few years ago, and stop embarrassing yourself.

Neil Tennant has zero need to bring Ms Swift into a conversation to sell albums. I highly doubt at this stage he gives any f*cks whatsoever what the sales numbers are.

sorry i don't listen to hags

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

Ohhh this legend asking the real questions

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Enrique523 said:

Not a BEYONCE stan saying that :rip:

These deflections are tawdry :ryan: but even if I were to humour you, Beyonce has never been known to exercise vindictiveness.

Taylor on the other hand willingly cuts to jugular at the mere impression of a slight. Leaving aside all the celebrities she's attacked in her music, this woman is so spiteful she chose the release date of her purported enemy to place her catalogue back on Spotify. There's a litany of mean girl behaviour that's dogged her career. And yet she can do no wrong in the eyes of her inner circle (crew) and parasocial circle (swifties).

She's a 34-year old woman who can't handle criticism or stay single for a week because yall have enabled her so. Is the difference between she and Bey clear enough or do we need to delve into her treatment of Olivia as well?

Edited by Bey'Knight
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 5

Her catalogue is weak and bland. Taylor Swift's biggest hits are not remembered and have no impact.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Down 3

Although I would say Taylor has several big hits,  wouldn't it be more impressive that she's selling so much without having a smash like "Billie Jean"?

I love PSB. :heart2: Taylor should take notes from them on how to write wordy pop songs that still have great melodies. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So many people hate Taylor but even then they must've know her hit songs.

This is a blatant troll.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

22 minutes ago, Cardcaptor Sakura said:

So many people hate Taylor but even then they must've know her hit songs.

This is a blatant troll.

Why?

Why do you assume this? There are loads of people living their lives who have only a fuzzy idea who she is and certainly don't know her songs.

Just like there are people who don't know Beyoncé songs, or U2, or even Elvis etc etc

Not everyone likes/has time/ opportunity to listen to much music.

Perfectly possible that even old musos like the PSB's don't keep up with her stuff.

Edited by Vermouth
  • Thanks 1

I know 'Domino Dancing' and 'It's a sin' from PSB. They are catchy, and well-sung. The production is top-notch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, JO1s said:

Sure...

not the point, henny. They have a stable fanbase that fill up venues for their concerts. Most of their albums are top-5 UK, and 2 or 3 are top 10. They make music simply cause they enjoy it, nothing more to prove. They're not doing anything for clout.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, RandomHooker said:

Her catalogue is weak and bland. Taylor Swift's biggest hits are not remembered and have no impact.

Agreed, she has all these awards and records but not the actual quality of work to show for it much like her tour, she and her fans don't realize it she just watering down the charts and causing them to loose their creditbility. Her album is getting terrible reviews but the best her fans can comeback with is that it's number one but no cares since it's isnt good, everyone else is focused on qualtiy.  In the end it's an artist impact that will have the final say, nobody but her fans will remember how many albums of hers went to number, it's whether not they remember her music.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Thumbs Down 3

46 minutes ago, Démodé said:

not the point, henny. They have a stable fanbase that fill up venues for their concerts. Most of their albums are top-5 UK, and 2 or 3 are top 10. They make music simply cause they enjoy it, nothing more to prove. They're not doing anything for clout.

If it was simply for enjoyment they wouldn't feel the need to be insecure and throw shade at the biggest name in

music right now. There's plenty of artists who do chase hits who are way more professional about this. This sounds like an old disgruntled employee complaining about someone younger being more successful than them despite not knowing how to do a process that the company abandoned 15 years ago. It doesn't sound like someone who's just doing it for fun.

• Thumbs Down 3

No lies detected

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/25/2024 at 11:06 PM, Shelter said:

Do you agree or not? 

Agreed.

gretchen-gifs.gif

On 4/26/2024 at 7:05 AM, Harsh2256 said:

By the rate she's going i feel she's gonna be the best selling artist oat. The entire industry is gonna drag her and she's only gonna earn in billions going forward. Lord I want this kinda career.

All will be revealed, her career is not what its made out to be.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Sweetness said:

All will be revealed, her career is not what its made out to be.

Elaborate?

I mean the singles from the swamp witch albums that rejuvenated her career critically and even the vault track singles off the TVs  felt like they came and went.

But Anti-Hero was arguably a huge, huge hit across every demographic, so odd comment.

Edited by Communion

The circle jerk in here :rip: I really dislike Taylor but even I know the majority of the replies in here are highly DELUSIONAL…

• Like 8

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.