Pet Shop Boys shade Taylor "Where are the famous songs?"

Shelter

2 minutes ago, alfonso12 said:

The amount of people coming for him as if he said his band was bigger :rip: he compared Taylor to Michael Jackson, not to himself.

That's called personal attacks.

Typical swifties attacking the messenger. Poor boys who spoke the truth in reality.

Edited by thequeenofpopmadonna
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 3

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thequeenofpopmadonna

• WildHeart

• LIDDOATIN

• Shelter

girl pet shop what?

gretchen-gifs.gif

• Haha 1

There's nothing wrong with being mediocre, bland, boring or unimportant while at the same time having the level of popularity that she does. Leave Taylor alone. 

Edited by LaFuerza
  • Haha 14
  • Thumbs Down 3

7 minutes ago, LaFuerza said:

There's nothing wrong with being mediocre, bland, boring or unimportant while at the same time having the level of popularity that she does. Leave Taylor alone. 

So you agree with him and Courtney.

spacer.png

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, thequeenofpopmadonna said:

So?? Touring makes the whole nation go see her? Still most people and the majority of a nation don't know her outside the us and her sportify listeners as well as crazed swifties. 

Next

You're just stubborn so I will leave at it since it's like talking to a brick wall so keep living in delusion :cm: 

• Thumbs Down 1

not me thinking it was that brand of little toy animals shading Taylor :suburban:

2 hours ago, BLΔCKP!NK said:

I'm pretty sure more people can name more Taylor Swift songs than Pet Shop Boys' so I think he needs to sit this one out.

spacer.png

EDIT: Yall downvoting me to hell, but no one managed to name more than two PSB or simply didn't try ty for proving my point besties xoxoxo

spacer.png

Domino Dancing

It's A Sin

New York City Boys

Minimal

You Were Always on My Mind 

There you go babes x

:ryan3:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, PoisonPill said:

It's because the "inescapable song" is a relic of the monoculture that doesn't exist anymore

How many times this needs to be repeated here is beyond me.

Pet Shop Boys are Legends with world classics like 'West End Girls',  'Always on My mind', 'Domino Dancing', 'It a sin',  'Go West', etc

Pioneers of Pop music in the 80's, if you don't know them go to YouTube and watch their epic videos and listen to real good music.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, alfonso12 said:

The amount of people coming for him as if he said his band was bigger :rip: he compared Taylor to Michael Jackson, not to himself.

His argument is with the monoculture, not her. She's a convenient scapegoat for a larger problem and he's better than this.

That goes for Courtney Love, Noel Gallagher and Damon Albarn's comments too.

Pet Shop Boys are Legends with world classics like 'West End Girls',  'Always on My mind', 'Domino Dancing', 'It a sin',  'Go West', etc

Pioneers of Pop music in the 80's, if you don't know them go to YouTube and watch their epic videos and listen to real good music.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

4 minutes ago, Tortuguero said:

2 minutes ago, Tortuguero said:

2 minutes ago, Tortuguero said:

okay baby we understand 

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

Sorry for the multiple posts, I'm new here and though my post wasn't going thru.

• Like 1

The "Domino Dancing" hitmaker lied. Taylor does have her own Billie Jean and it's called Delicate

gretchen-gifs.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

55 minutes ago, PoisonPill said:

It's because the "inescapable song" is a relic of the monoculture that doesn't exist anymore

is it? Lol
What about Driver's License?
Bad Guy by Billie Eilish?
Sunflower by Post Malone?
Literally any SZA song?|

gretchen-gifs.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Espresso said:

His argument is with the monoculture, not her. She's a convenient scapegoat for a larger problem and he's better than this.

That goes for Courtney Love, Noel Gallagher and Damon Albarn's comments too.

You don't think she lacks iconic/memorable singles? No single from her last 3 albums sticks out as a classic. Karma, Lavendar Haze, Willow, Cardigan. Anti Hero was big, but it's still not a song a stand out song when you compare it to massive artists like MJ that nearly every single was a stand out. 

Her new album is a good example of success, but nothing will stand out from that era either. 

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, BLΔCKP!NK said:

I'm pretty sure more people can name more Taylor Swift songs than Pet Shop Boys' so I think he needs to sit this one out.

spacer.png

EDIT: Yall downvoting me to hell, but no one managed to name more than two PSB or simply didn't try ty for proving my point besties xoxoxo

spacer.png

By people you mean Gen-Z? Because Millenials and Boomers probably know a lot of them. Then again, once Gen Alpha is 20-something will the generation younger than them be able to name Taylor songs? She's not Michael Jackson. Or even Whitney Houston. 

• Like 2

The way he clocked the tea. LOVE me PSB :clap3:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, UnusualBoy said:

You're just stubborn so I will leave at it since it's like talking to a brick wall so keep living in delusion :cm: 

Not me. Maybe swifties only staying in the us, speaking of local and listening to her forgettable and disposable songs on spotify all day to give her better numbers. 

:fan:

Edited by thequeenofpopmadonna
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, Taylena said:

Does this person even have more than 50 fans?  Who gave him the right to judge what's popular or not?  :dies:

My goodness you're annoying :rip:

2 hours ago, Rep2000 said:

And yet, what is PSB's Billie Jeans again?

Go West is a staple in Soccer (which is ironically more famous globally than the sport Taylor's beau is playing). 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I love how this guy who I have never heard of is dragging Taylor for not having hit songs instead of looking at his own nonexistant career as a musician. :giraffe:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 8

she absolutely has multiple smash hits that everyone and their mom knows, but i think what he's talking about is the impact side of things. none of her hit songs necessarily had a massive effect on our culture the way that billie jean, purple rain, like a prayer, baby one more time, single ladies, bad romance, etc did where they were songs that were cultural phenomenons

taylors hits have more so been massive hit songs that helped her sell more records, but no shape the industry or start a new trend. the only song i can think that came close to that was shake it off but i also remember it being very hated at the time 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

I dont think they are part of her demographic. :skull:

18 minutes ago, NoName said:

My goodness you're annoying :rip:

Go West is a staple in Soccer (which is ironically more famous globally than the sport Taylor's beau is playing). 

which would explain the 8k daily streams for the Billie Jean of Soccer, yes? /s

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.