Will Taylor surpass Adele's 3.48M first week sales with her next album?

1000 forms of queer

Will Taylor surpass Adele's 3.48M First week sales with her next album?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Will she?

• Yes
    • Yes but only if she releases 50 tracks this time
    • Yes but only if she releases 50 tracks & 20 Vinyl variants this time
    • No

It's absolutely insane that she's able to pull those numbers in 2024. She's literally the music industry. It reminds me so much of how Adele was running the industry back in 2011-2016 with 21 and 25. 

Do you guys think Taylor will be able to surpass Adele's 3.48M first week debut with her next project?

:jonny6::wanda::falcon::ghostface:

No, but she will for sure surpass those 800K from Adele's 30 (her most recent era, you know). :wave2:

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

TTPD already had a week just as impressive 

She doesn't need to

Also I hope she doesn't try. She should just chill. Nothing to prove anymore 

• Like 3

No my grandmother said me this morning when She was cooking :" isn't Taylor peaking?"

• Haha 1

She will need a 50+ track album with multiple collaborations and versions

pla7boy-peaches.gif

Edited by Miley Cyrus
  • Like 3

Yes, her next album will be 90 tracks long

I think we're far too early in TTPD's chart run to have any sort of clue of how her next album will do. 

• Thumbs Down 1

It's really impressive how Adele was able to pull those numbers with no multiple cd/vinyl/cassettes versions. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

Yes, with 90 tracks, 90 variants, and a collaboration with Beyonce and Adele herself

No and it's never gonna be surpassed

not even Adele herself could do it

I'll say no, but we are watching history being made. I've never purchased a Taylor record in my life, but I cannot hate on what she is doing. People have binoculars on women like Beyoncé and Taylor but have their eyes closed when mediocre men are having success. Let's go Taylor. 

• Like 2

Not to take anything from Taylor or discredit that enormous week for TTPD, but Adele was selling 1M copies in its fifth week on the Billboard 200, 1.19M to be exact. If you look at this with a stability perspective it's safe to say 25 has the bigger overall sales performance. I'd love to see TTPD do 1.19M in its fifth week. 

2 hours ago, Trent W said:

TTPD already had a week just as impressive 

She doesn't need to

Also I hope she doesn't try. She should just chill. Nothing to prove anymore 

TTPD had multiple variants and "bonus track exclusives" that Swifties themselves have admitted to purchasing and on top of that she had those same people play the album on Spotify and not on a record player increasing its units further. 

Adele had one version purchased by over 3 million people. Then they listened to it via their iTunes or a CD player and none of that was counted towards her first week. If Taylor released one version she would struggle to even get to 2 million. She just isn't as big as Adele was. Need I remind you that Adele was breaking sales records outside of the US as well, something I doubt will happen with TTPD. People need to stop these comparisons because Taylor is not on Adele's level of popularity. 

Edited by NoName
  • Like 6

imagine thinking Adele is more famous than Taylor in 2024 :gaycat6:

ot: no, unless it's a wedding album

:ryan3:

Edited by liam13
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, NoName said:

TTPD had multiple variants and "bonus track exclusives" that Swifties themselves have admitted to purchasing and on top of that she had those same people play the album on Spotify and not on a record player increasing its units further. 

Adele had one version purchased by over 3 million people. Then they listened to it via their iTunes or a CD player and none of that was counted towards her first week. If Taylor released one version she would struggle to even get to 2 million. She just isn't as big as Adele was. Need I remind you that Adele was breaking sales records outside of the US as well, something I doubt will happen with TTPD. People need to stop these comparisons because Taylor is not on Adele's level of popularity. 

You can't be serious. :bibliahh:

TTPD is selling more in vinly alone than Adele's last release first week sales and it's not like people were listening on Spotify because it doesn't even come close to what Taylor is doing.  Where's the popularity?   

• Like 1

As much as Taylor success is crazy impressive right now , you guys are downplaying Adele's 25 peak. It was on a whole other level. Taylor ain't touching that .

25 sold over 1 million copies in its FIFTH WEEK! Sold about 8 million units in 6 weeks!  That was crazy and she didn't need 31 songs , multiple variants with bonus tracks exclusives to achieve that.

Taylor is the biggest artist overall in this century but in terms of commercial peak, Peak Adele remain unrivalled 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Taylena said:

You can't be serious. :bibliahh:

TTPD is selling more in vinly alone than Adele's last release first week sales and it's not like people were listening on Spotify because it doesn't even come close to what Taylor is doing.  Where's the popularity?   

I'm talking about Adele's popularity during 25 and Taylor's TTPD. Adele's popularity peak is still bigger and that's what this thread is about. 

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.