Taylor to outsell Mariah in Luminate/SoundScan (US) pure sales.

Aethereal

Taylor Swift sold a total of 48M albums according to Luminate and her new album will sell 1.8M just this week so it is only a matter of years that she will catch Mariah 57M pure albums according to Luminate (formerly known as Soundscan).

Some 2 or 3 million albums of Mariah's debut are missing since the sales track started in 1991 but it's still impressive. There is no doubt Taylor is the biggest female artist of the country.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 3

If Mariah is at 60M, it's still 12M albums? She'll probably surpass her after Reputation TV. We're deep in the streaming era so it's harder to sell albums now after the first week of an album release. 

Interesting :gaylorcat2:

That's no doubt an impressive feat.

19 minutes ago, Aethereal said:

it is only a matter of years

Oh chile the bait

fishing bait GIF

• Haha 2

It mean it looks like it will happen… but it hasn't happened yet, so did this need a thread? :gaycat6:

• Haha 3

Just now, Feanor said:

It mean it looks like it will happen… but it hasn't happened yet, so did this need a thread? :gaycat6:

I used to be sceptical about streaming units inflating her success but in US when you look how much she achieved in a much weaker pure sales market it is impressive. 

Not if Mimi smashes with her new album, get 2 #1 solo singles and has a world tour... oh, why am I kidding :gaycat6: just wishes of an old lamb...

• Haha 2

This is impressive, but we are in the streaming era and Taylor surpassed Mariah a long time ago in the US.  She has her sights set on Garth Brooks.  

• Thumbs Down 1

I have a feeling Mimi will not deal well with this 

I can sense two users that starts with an S already fuming :jonny4:

Whether people like it or not, Taylor is the greatest of our time

3 hours ago, HardBambi said:

I have a feeling Mimi will not deal well with this 

I won't engage in this nonsense. 

Gotta give credit where credit is due, that is impressive 

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Poncho Barlliams said:

not if his new album "torture" keeps dropping 90% a week and selling 125k of pure sales

That's how it always works. Reputation will give another 1 million pure sales opening enough to cross 50M mark.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.