The_Tortured_Poets_Department_The_Anthol

and Overall

Edited by Rev8

tumblr_pup61dYr211r1n4cvo1_400.gifv

• Haha 1

The anthology is a gem!!!!

It's a 5-6 overall. 

• Like 1

I was unhappy at first but the anthology really changed my opinion of the album as a whole, for me it's an 8 overall :clap3: Much better than midnights but it's not touching the perfection of folklore

• Thanks 2

Overall I'd give it a 6.5/7

I'd say a 4.5. overall. It was a chore to get through a lot of the lyrics are downright cringey which I never expected after Folkmore. Pseudo-intelectual out of touch drivel.

Easily her weakest work along, maybe except debut (the only one I've never heard). 

• Like 2

Overall I give this a 7.7

I actually started to prefer TTPD over the Anthology after several listens. It's not her best but definitely not as bad as OTH point it out to be. 

• Like 2

It's one of her worst.

5 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

Overall I give this a 7.7

I actually started to prefer TTPD over the Anthology after several listens.

This was my same experience as well, and I would vote a 7.5 overall if I could. Anthology has quite a few absolutely stellar standouts that I like far more than the standard album (The Albatross, The Black Dog, Peter and The Manuscript), but I do find the standard far more accessible and easy to listen to.

The Anthology serves me evermore teas, which I love... evermore is my favorite album from her, but it just makes me want to listen to evermore instead.

Edited by Gladiator

12 minutes ago, ttsmu said:

It's one of her worst.

You'd know since you seem to listen to all her music religiously. Truly her biggest fan! :heart:

OT: It's her third best album after folklore and evermore :jonny5:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Cameltoe Chariot
5 minutes ago, The Music Industry said:

You'd know since you seem to listen to all her music religiously. Truly her biggest fan! :heart:

This is really hard for you isn't it :chick3:

• Confused 1

Just now, Cameltoe Chariot said:

This is really hard for you isn't it :chick3:

It IS really hard for me to keep up with the constant slayage and domination, you're right :jonny5: You don't seem to have trouble keeping up however, since you're constantly perched in threads about this album and made dozens of posts about it since its release. Love that for you :heart:

• Like 1

I listened to it only once and so far and I only came back to I Can Do It With a Broken Heart. 1 song out of 31. But this album made me appreciate Midnights a lot more so I guess that's good...

Cameltoe Chariot
1 minute ago, The Music Industry said:

It IS really hard for me to keep up with the constant slayage and domination, you're right :jonny5: You don't seem to have trouble keeping up however, since you're constantly perched in threads about this album and made dozens of posts about it since its release. Love that for you :heart:

I know this might be difficult to understand, but I was a fan of Taylor for a VERY long time. I went to the Fearless tour twice, own all the albums up to 1989 on CD, and even enjoyed Folklore. I know you're desperate to prove that I'm just a hater but the fact is I'm quite qualified to make a judgement on this album. I, like you, have invested my time and money into Taylor's career and I'm sick of her McAlbum release cycle. The music is suffering, she's a boring billionaire still talking about boys like she's 19. It's boring.

I am allowed to contribute to these conversations, just like you - the difference is you're being incredibly pointed and rude.

Grow up.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

TTPD: 8

TA: 6

Overall: 7

50/50 very mixed coz there's a lot of songs that sounds the same :gaycat2:

17 minutes ago, The Music Industry said:

The bar is in hell

7,5, thanks to the anthology

7 minutes ago, Cameltoe Chariot said:

I know this might be difficult to understand, but I was a fan of Taylor for a VERY long time. I went to the Fearless tour twice, own all the albums up to 1989 on CD, and even enjoyed Folklore. I know you're desperate to prove that I'm just a hater but the fact is I'm quite qualified to make a judgement on this album. I, like you, have invested my time and money into Taylor's career and I'm sick of her McAlbum release cycle. The music is suffering, she's a boring billionaire still talking about boys like she's 19. It's boring.

I am allowed to contribute to these conversations, just like you - the difference is you're being incredibly pointed and rude.

Grow up.

What do you want her to write about? 

• Like 1

It's a solid 7

Just Good enough, did the job but not exceeded anything remarkable

It will sit in the middle of her discography

45 minutes ago, Cameltoe Chariot said:

"The difference is you're incredibly pointed and rude" not you acting like the bigger person as if you didn't send me links on how to leave a cult minutes before for disagreeing with one of your takes :priceless: ok Calmeltoe! 

Edited by The Music Industry

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.