I'm drunk and I need to rant abt Taylor and pop

Solaria

6 hours ago, Jay07 said:

Taylor is the symptom, not the cause. People don't want extraordinary anymore, they want ordinary so they can feel better about themselves. Just imagine, we went from the biggest superstars being Prince and MJ to Swift and Olivia Rodrigo. The decay, the Kidz Bop. All the people listening to Swift are literally thinking "I can do that" and it just makes them feel better. I agree Gaga and Beyonce are the last true superstars. At least Bey is still trying.

Who thinks "I can do that", literally the gag is that none of your half hearted faves can even come close to trying

• Haha 1

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solaria

• Chris

• Cyanide

• BrokenMachine

But we have beyonce who has a huge artistic persona 

Gaga just makes bad music 

idk what's sadder, a meltdown over taylor swift or the fact that atrl is the first place you go to interact with people when you're drunk. 

you could've gone on grindr to rant and get a shag as a reward afterwards. :coffee:

this thread is hilarious . eveything you typed was right . drag ha:gaycat4:

This thread reminds me of oldtrl. Please never delete thjs

Yes! It should've been Tinashe :chick3:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

:suburban:

i get the overexposure but girl...

there are some points you have made

CV5BlX0WwAAYH8l.jpg

You faguettes saying this is an iconic thread and we only went up to six pages.

Iconic where?

• Haha 4

You should sit down and pen an album about your feelings

Swifties saying none of our faves can do what Taylor does when what she does can be done by almost any average girl on the street who took a first year college poetry class and was in choir in middle school (but didn't make the auditions in high school). I've heard it all!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5
  • Thumbs Down 3

On 4/20/2024 at 7:23 AM, tiagol88 said:

Now seriously, even if the OP is drunk i got what he meant. The era that started with Madonna and ended with Gaga (the MTV days, the video era basically) right when streaming and social media was exploding is something we'll never have again.

Kids will never know what's like to watch their  fave on stage and honestly almost blanking from being star struck. Having these larger than like popstars. Everything being over the top, having something to say. Having controversies but with a message behind it. Actually trying to break some barriers while doing so. Being unfiltered in interviews. Not being afraid of losing that fanbase and doing something they actually WANT to do instead of doing calculated moves left and right. 

What you said here reminds me of how Gaga was the original Queen of Social Media. Most followed pop star accross all social media platforms before the new girls took over.

• Like 1

Taylor just have a perfectly oiled PR machine, but mind you, she's an amazing songwriter.

I think she improved so drastically when it comes to performing but to me it does feel a bit inauthentic. Either way, I do think she's a great songwriter.

Edited by jadeabove

21 hours ago, barbiegrande said:

**** her fans too. Ugly white bread fat chicks and thick necked gays

:deadbanana2:

Honestly worth the posting suspension 

• Thanks 1

I'm calling FBI

21 hours ago, barbiegrande said:

**** her fans too. Ugly white bread fat chicks and thick necked gays

I cackled.

On 4/19/2024 at 7:58 PM, Solaria said:

I HATE RELATABILITY

AS A POP STAR YOU SHOULD BE INACCESIBLE AND LARGER THAN LIFE

You sound like a bitter 40 year old gay man whose life is miserable and you need to pay guys at night clubs to have s*x

Edited by bielneira
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

What you need then is JoJo Siwa's shocking comeback

Edited by G.U.Y_Del_Rey
  • Haha 4

On 4/19/2024 at 8:58 PM, Solaria said:

We used to be a ******* nation remember Godga..

@Solaria this is sig worthy :bibliahh:

• Haha 1

We need to destroy her I'm so serious

aklfdjlalsjdf Ma'am? :skull:

Edited by Spooky Mulder

On 4/20/2024 at 7:40 AM, TouchinFree said:

I mean drunk people tell the truth. This is the ugly truth. Pop is truly dead. 

I heard fortnight with an OPEN mind and then my mind closed before the end of the song. 

:deadvision:

:ahh: the mental breakdown girl. it is great that all you want is a bop that could be sung by anyone in this world and that has 0 connection with the song, and just see a great performance, but some of us don't want that

8 hours ago, Pop Art said:

Swifties saying none of our faves can do what Taylor does when what she does can be done by almost any average girl on the street who took a first year college poetry class and was in choir in middle school (but didn't make the auditions in high school). I've heard it all!

Girl  as if there aren't thousands of talented women all around the world capable of doing what Dua Lipa does :ahh:  (and I love her anyway) 

Edited by taylor__fan
  • Like 1

On 4/19/2024 at 7:58 PM, Solaria said:

I HATE RELATABILITY

I agree with this. I don't know why anyone cares about this. idc what you eat or to see you be quirky at all. Are you an artist or a content creator?

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.