If TTPD came before Midnights would you like it more?

stjosephprey4us

Should TTPD have come before Midnights?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Should it have come first?

Let me preface by saying I like a lot of the album. However, it's not fully clicking w me and I couldn't figure out why. Then I realized this was literally the album I was asking for after Folklore + Evermore, and I was so disappointed that Midnights was a return to the pop sound when it first came out (although now I'm liking it better than TTPD bc I'm used to it. When Midnights first released, I even swapped in the orchestral and acoustic versions of songs, to make it more stripped down and Folklorevermore sounding). If TTPD had come out right after Folklorevermore (and then we had gotten SNTV, 1989TV, and Midnights now) would this album be more palatable?

No. A bad album its' a bad album, doesn't matter when its released.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

i wasnt completely a fan of Midnights so idk.

TTPD eats midnights so I do not think it should have come before Midnights.

If Midnights came after, I'd be so disappointed - it'd be giving artistic regression, which is the reason I greatly dislike Lover. For me, it was artistic regression after Speak Now to Red to 1989 to rep.

disclaimer: I do quite like midnights

If anything, I think Midnights should have come immediately after Lover.

Edited by Gladiator
  • Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.