Hollywood's 'Ozempic face' crisis

Magic_boXX

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-13319655/hollywood-celebrities-ozempic-gauntness-weight-loss-effect.html

Plastic surgeons reveal the celebs suffering from gauntness 'because of weight-loss drug'

Smooth, plump cheeks. Wrinkle-free foreheads. 

These are the features we've become accustomed to among celebrities obsessed with Botox and filler.

But a new look is emerging in Hollywood: sunken in eyes, gaunt cheeks and saggy skin.

Experts say it is due to the rise in popularity of weight-loss drugs. The side effect has been dubbed 'Ozempic face'.

Famous lothario Scott Disick scared fans last month with his dramatic new look — but a number of other celebs appear to be suffering from the same issue.

Scott Disick pictured in August 2022
REVIEWING Scott Disick seen in 2024

Scott Disick shocked the public when he emerged looking gaunt and malnourished - prompting some to question if he was abusing the weight-loss drug Ozempic

Jessica Simpson pictured in 2020
And in 2023. Surgeons said she had more sunken cheeks

Jessica Simpson (pictured in 2020, left, and 2023) also had Ozempic face, the surgeons said, because she had more sunken cheeks than earlier

Fans have shared their concerns about whether Sharon (pictured in 2020) is 'ill' following her 3st weight loss after taking drug Ozempic, which is used to treat diabetes
The star recently admitted that she 'needed to put weight back on' after losing a shocking 42lbs on Ozempic; she is seen in November

Fans have shared their concerns about whether Sharon (pictured in 2020) is 'ill' following her 3st weight loss after taking drug Ozempic, which is used to treat diabetes

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-13319655/hollywood-celebrities-ozempic-gauntness-weight-loss-effect.html

Edited by Magic_boXX

it's sad how this potential wonder drug (in terms of what it could do besides weight loss) is being used at the minute

Is ozempic gonna be the new buzz word to replace "buccal fat removal" under every ugly candid of a celebrity

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

Eh, this is more a rapid weight loss thing than and ozempoc thing right? Like biggest loser contestants were always looking like this

Once you rnormalise your diet and give th skin some time to recover things will probably go back to normal for these celebs

• Like 5

I'm learning new things thanks to Atrl. I had no idea there was a drug for weight lost.

'Ozempic face is essentially the same characteristics that we see when patients have rapid or regular weight loss.

So, it's not really specific to Ozempic, it's just what happens when you lose weight too fast regardless of how.

• Like 2

I understand why very overweight people take Ozempic and I respect their decision but some of these Hollywood stars really don't need Ozempic. A healthy diet and exercise is enough for the majority of people to lose weight. Of course the natural way takes longer but it is definitely healthier than taking a diabetes drug as a non-diabetic (and from what I understand you have to take the drug your whole life?).

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, BnPac said:

I'm learning new things thanks to Atrl. I had no idea there was a drug for weight lost.

Its not for weight loss. That drug is especifically for diabetes patients 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My best friends mother is a Nurse and we asked her if she could get us some Ozempic (half joking) but apparently because of trends like this people that actually need Ozempic for diabetic issues are now on waitlists and there's a massive shortage of it, leading to unregulated copy cats being introduced into the black market. It's actually very concerning and quite sad the ultimate reason for celebrities using it is vanity. 

Don't get me wrong, if it was widely available I would probably use it but not at the expense of someone who needs it medically over my own vanity project, for now I'll just get back on the stairmaster :gaycatney3:

Edited by wigglytuffer
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Illuminati said:

Is ozempic gonna be the new buzz word to replace "buccal fat removal" under every ugly candid of a celebrity

Yeah it happens already actually :deadbanana4:

I'm sorry but I can't feel sorry for these celebrities. They know what they are injecting into their bodies. They know the risks. But they agree to do it of their own free will.

28 minutes ago, wigglytuffer said:

My best friends mother is a Nurse and we asked her if she could get us some Ozempic (half joking) but apparently because of trends like this people that actually need Ozempic for diabetic issues are now on waitlists and there's a massive shortage of it, leading to unregulated copy cats being introduced into the black market. It's actually very concerning and quite sad the ultimate reason for celebrities using it is vanity. 

Don't get me wrong, if it was widely available I would probably use it but not at the expense of someone who needs it medically over my own vanity project, for now I'll just get back on the stairmaster :gaycatney3:

It's true. My prescription was from July last year and it's still unavailable from every drugstore. It's a bit annoying that these rich and powerful people are taking the supply away from actual diabetics that want to try a solution for their health issues.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Anthinos said:

I understand why very overweight people take Ozempic and I respect their decision but some of these Hollywood stars really don't need Ozempic. A healthy diet and exercise is enough for the majority of people to lose weight. Of course the natural way takes longer but it is definitely healthier than taking a diabetes drug as a non-diabetic (and from what I understand you have to take the drug your whole life?).

41 minutes ago, MALAMENTE said:

it is a diabetes drug, but it has also been approved as a weight loss drug and you are able to get it prescribed as such. you can get on and off it if you are just using it as a weight loss thing, which i've done myself. for diabetic people obviously they need to use their medication for a lifetime whether that's ozempic or something else. 

Ugh, this is so stupid. Ozempic face is just the face everyone who's overweight experiences when they lose weight and especially fat around their face.

Fat acts like fillers in the sense that makes your face feel plumper and/or fuller. Once that fat is gone, it shouldn't be surprising that your cheeks will look less full and your wrinkles are more prominent. 

• Thanks 3

20 minutes ago, Burn said:

I'm sorry but I can't feel sorry for these celebrities. They know what they are injecting into their bodies. They know the risks. But they agree to do it of their own free will.

The thing is we don't know the long-term problems this may cause. I don't feel sorry for them though.

1 hour ago, MALAMENTE said:

They have the same medication for weight loss only called Wegovy 

• Thanks 1

They may not be getting Ozempic tho. There's the weight loss version of it called Wegovy or they may just be taking semiglutide, which is its regular name. 

19 minutes ago, selfmadelatino said:

They have the same medication for weight loss only called Wegovy 

The one person that needs it doesn't do it 

I JUMPED out of fear :redface:

83810989-13319655-And_in_2023_Surgeons_s

6 minutes ago, QueenBLadyG said:

I JUMPED out of fear :redface:

83810989-13319655-And_in_2023_Surgeons_s

Wiki main photo teas.

• Haha 4

I mean the "gauntness" stems from the plastic surgery being done on a face before weight loss, so when most of the fat is gone rapidly thanks to semaglutide, it looks like a collapsed face

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Darius said:

Aren't there FDA-approved indications for weight loss? I don't see the problem with people using them for weight loss if that's what they are intended for.

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/fda-approves-new-drug-treatment-chronic-weight-management-first-2014

Ozempic is for diabetes but wegovy which is the same ingredients is approved for weight loss. Same thing as Mounjaro is for diabetes and zepbound is for weight loss. Both are experiencing stock issues.

This has been known for quite some time. They are also many people who are suffering from severe diarrhea every day, it made the news some months ago. There's no miracle solution to safely lose a lot of weight and while it might looks miraculous at the beginning, there's always some hidden effects to it. 

I noticed this first with Christina Aguilera, I always thought she looked gorgeous and way younger than her age with her weight this last couple of years but now that she's super skinny and there's something very uncanny about it, even with the so called face lift, you can still tell it aged her a lot 

• Confused 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.