Edited by Brikenbur

omg NME only gave it 3 stars… they doin too much

Does Evening Standard count on MC? :rip: 

OH END THEM FOR ME TAYLOR ALISON SWIFT

dspmQOc.gif

• Like 1

NME always doing the most :clack:

They switched up like a Nicki

Evening Standard, Swifties will deal with you!!!! NME is kinda a mess often so whatever :bibliahh:

It's all way worse than Midnights. The Guardian and The independent gave her 5 last time 

Av Club was 83 now 75

and let's not talk about the others

i hate press when they deciding together to flop on someone there is nothing you can do to stop it!!! 

Critics are getting slow lately, even Cowboy Carter barely gets any reviews. I predict the Metascore will end up at 77-83. It's the divisive record for sure

17 minutes ago, Cameltoe Chariot said:

First album of hers that I've truly disliked. I've been listening since Fearless was first released.

If this sweeps with stellar reviews I will simply take that as confirmation that critics are either scared of her, blinded by the current cultural obsession, OR are being paid to give it high ratings.

16 minutes ago, iHype. said:

I mean acclaim in 2024 is basically media propaganda at this point. From the early reactions this seems to be a step down from her prior albums almost unanimously to everyone outside her fanbase, but the critics are probably gonna have this fighting against Midnights (which is also:rip:) as her 'most acclaimed' release. 

She's also really smart in the sense that each album release since Reputation she sends all the critics the CD early before release to review.

1. They can't see any hate/critiques online from the public and be swayed

2. She knows very well the aspect of 'I'm the biggest artist and the world and letting you hear my album first. Surely you will be grateful and not trash it?' works in her favor.

3. These publications bank on being the first to have the tea on her new albums and know if they trash a release she will never let them be one of the first to hear any others.

The preemptive whining before many reviews have even come in, and when there are already a few mixed or negative ones :rip: Get a grip gals. 

Anyways, amazing album and hope it gets its deserved flowers :heart2: 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Down 4

:lmao:

1 minute ago, Jay07 said:

I remember when Rolling Stone would save 5 stars for the rarest generational masterpieces. Rob Sheffield, the same guy, gave Ray of Light 4 stars. But I guess they're desperate for the clicks these days and no one wants to be doxxed by that fanbase.

How "no one"?! See some reviews are bad so just stop with this "they afraid of her"

that's another lie

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, iHype. said:

I mean acclaim in 2024 is basically media propaganda at this point. From the early reactions this seems to be a step down from her prior albums almost unanimously to everyone outside her fanbase, but the critics are probably gonna have this fighting against Midnights (which is also:rip:) as her 'most acclaimed' release. 

She's also really smart in the sense that each album release since Reputation she sends all the critics the CD early before release to review.

1. They can't see any hate/critiques online from the public and be swayed

2. She knows very well the aspect of 'I'm the biggest artist and the world and letting you hear my album first. Surely you will be grateful and not trash it?' works in her favor.

3. These publications bank on being the first to have the tea on her new albums and know if they trash a release she will never let them be one of the first to hear any others.

Every artist does this tho unless it's surprise release :bibliahh:

Evening Standard gave Midnights 2/5 and they are one of the earliest publication to drag TTPD :bibliahh:

7 minutes ago, Jay07 said:

I remember when Rolling Stone would save 5 stars for the rarest generational masterpieces. Rob Sheffield, the same guy, gave Ray of Light 4 stars. But I guess they're desperate for the clicks these days and no one wants to be doxxed by that fanbase.

It's eexpected for RS. I mean, they are under her paycheck. 

• Thanks 2

are we surprised?

127-1279068_after-60-years-kendrick-lama

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Cameltoe Chariot said:

First album of hers that I've truly disliked. I've been listening since Fearless was first released.

If this sweeps with stellar reviews I will simply take that as confirmation that critics are either scared of her, blinded by the current cultural obsession, OR are being paid to give it high ratings.

If the critics like it, they're wrong. 

If the fans love it, they're wrong. 

If the GP listens to it and helps her to break records, they're wrong and it's not important. 

Only y'all are right and your opinions are the only ones that matter? lol, please. The ego. 

Edited by Blade Runner
  • Like 5
  • Haha 4

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.