The Tortured Poets Department Review Thread | MC - 76

Cloröx

Just now, Blade Runner said:

If the critics like it, they're wrong. 

If the fans love it, they're wrong. 

If the GP listens to it and helps her to break records, they're wrong and it's not important. 

Only y'all are right and your opinions are the only ones that matter? lol, please. The ego. 

This. Can't stand it in here anymore 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Raspberries

• DLW

• V$.

• Sugden

The acclaim, only the best songwriter of our generation, the music industry, the most important popstar of this generation, the modern era Beatles :clap3:

Ready for the mess that will ensue form certain fanbases.

• Haha 1

i believe user score on aoty 

• Like 1

TAYLOR SWIFT THE CRITICALLY REVIEWED ARTIST THAT YOU ARE

This is so shameless jkhjg

:suburban:

• Haha 1

KymxeMi.gif

Album mid

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Vespertine said:

The preemptive whining before many reviews have even come in, and when there are already a few mixed or negative ones :rip: Get a grip gals. 

Anyways, amazing album and hope it gets its deserved flowers :heart2: 

Long time no see. :heart2: 

But actually, objectively critics just don't mean much nowadays. It helps she basically ascended to Beyonce status (a culmination of being the most influential female, crazed fanbase, media adoration) that makes it intimidating for most critics to do anything other than praise her.  However, even besides that also critics have just become nothing other than media propaganda in the past decade. Which has nothing to do with her. 

We went from seeing Madonna, Mariah, and Janet albums get panned to seeing Selena Gomez, Camila Cabello, and Alessia Cara consistently get acclaimed releases. The shift of Rock music dying causing Rolling Stones along with every other publication to replace their old white straight male staff with female/LGBT milennials and the post-Trump media landscape (#MeToo era, #BLM era, etc) had the biggest role. Also doesn't help that in the social media age dox'ing and reprucussions from bad reviews exist. 

Acclaim has always been bogus. Before it was a bunch of straight white men praising.... well straight white male Rock artists, and now its sorta reverse effect mixed with overcompensation for current times.  It has always been politics driven and in this instance there's a lot of politics behind the biggest artist in the world, who has also positioned herself as a minority & underdog in some form (a female businesswoman dominating a landscape working against her and rewriting her own narrative).

• Like 11

8 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

If the critics like it, they're wrong. 

If the fans love it, they're wrong. 

If the GP listens to it and helps her to break records, they're wrong and it's not important. 

Only y'all are right and your opinions are the only ones that matter? lol, please. The ego. 

They think their opinion is the one that matters when in reality nobody gives a **** what they like or dislike, not even the people in this forum who share similar opinions care about them enough to be somewhat relevant :rip:

KymxeMi.gif

The temper tantrums already ahsk.;

KymxeMi.gif

1 minute ago, Trainwreck said:

They think their opinion is the one that matters when in reality nobody gives a **** what they like or dislike, not even the people in this forum who share similar opinions care about them enough to be somewhat relevant :rip:

I mean, people certainly give a **** when most Taylor "fans" already seem more preoccupied with being toxic to other fanbases than the actual Taylor release. Almost as if they're simply using her as an excuse to argue with people and don't care about the actual music at all. Literally look at the responses in this thread.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

The album was a bit disappointing, to be honest. It sounds like 1989 and Midnights' bastard child..

The melodies aren't working for me too, hope they would grow on me soon. I would rank this (for now) as her second worst pop album only better than reputation.

Edited by Støned
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Probably finishing around 84

Taylor is so big that big publications will post flawless reviews just for the Swiftie's clicks

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

Evening Standard the only place with integrity I see 

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 5

39 minutes ago, Jay07 said:

I remember when Rolling Stone would save 5 stars for the rarest generational masterpieces. Rob Sheffield, the same guy, gave Ray of Light 4 stars. But I guess they're desperate for the clicks these days and no one wants to be doxxed by that fanbase.

Wow

:rip: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I will always giggle how back in the day RS would only give 100/100 on extremely rare occasions and nowadays every new pop girl record is deemed a 100/100 instant classic :dies:

Surprised at the low scores already, I wonder if Midnights would be received like that if Tortured came first

• Like 1

omg i disliked the album at first listen but after seeing its metacritic score, i like it more now

• Haha 6

30 minutes ago, PMM said:

i believe user score on aoty 

You mean the one who listened to leak and rated it

Yeah sure

Laughing at the people claiming critics in 2024 being media propaganda 

I don't see you saying such stuff when certain album were getting huge acclaim jus few weeks ago?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3

Deserved :clap3:

Better than MIDnights :suburban:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This deserves to be her first yellow MC album but it's Taylor so it'll end up with 80+ like Midnights (which also deserved to be yellow on MC)

:clack:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Talent acclaim beauty and success

she ALWAYS wins and ATRL hates to see it

:ryan3::ryan3::ryan3:

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.