• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Raspberries

• DLW

• Cloröx

• Virgos Groove

Y'all will have your "LMAOOOOOO" moments once P4K review the album, just be patient girlies and stream the album

:ryan3:

3 hours ago, Sugden said:

this confirms that music reviewing is dead

the way that public reaction is more reliable these days :dies:

"music reviewing is dead, public reaction>>>>" 

2 hours ago, Redstreak said:

Well currently she just had her biggest debut AM so sounds like the reception is pretty stunning so far

"Public reaction is pretty stunning"

You :

2 hours ago, Lose My Breath said:

Sis, sales do not equate to quality

2 hours ago, Lose My Breath said:

Like y'all are dense as hell

For sure... Stop being dense 

Edited by WildHeart

1 hour ago, FolkLover1989 said:

But you were saying reviews are paid so what happened 

It's usual as always NYT panned most of her albums. They criticize her the most

They bitter, leave it, and NYT will drag it down even before Sputnik and Pitchfork. 

An acclaimed album and huge numbers? Oh, iktr!

• Like 1

Elsewhere, many lyrics feel jarringly out of place, or outright bizarre. "You smoked then ate seven bars of chocolate/ We declared Charlie Puth should be a bigger artist," she recounts on the album's title track. (Listen, queen, this isn't you — are you sure you didn't mean to say Carly Rae Jepsen? You eventually edited out the "spelling is fun" part of ME!. It's not too late to do the right thing.) "My friends all smell like weed or little babies," she complains on "Florida!!!" (featuring Florence + the Machine).

lol

loved it!

https://consequence.net/2024/04/taylor-swift-tortured-poets-department-review/

• Thanks 1

ive seen 3 or 4 reviews posted today that are more mixed than anything else tbh. i think this might end up being her lowest score since lover at the end of the day but it's too early to tell. hopefully  it will stay above the 80s

2 hours ago, TheArgonaut said:

Y'all will have your "LMAOOOOOO" moments once P4K review the album, just be patient girlies and stream the album

Y'all keep saying this like P4K aren't massive clout-chasers lately and afraid of the Swifties.

They're gonna give it over 8.0 for sure

stephm.png

It would be so weird if the MC score falls below Midnights

49 minutes ago, Shinning said:

Y'all keep saying this like P4K aren't massive clout-chasers lately and afraid of the Swifties.

They're gonna give it over 8.0 for sure

stephm.png

Midniys got a 7, this will be no different.

4 hours ago, WildHeart said:

"music reviewing is dead, public reaction>>>>" 

"Public reaction is pretty stunning"

You :

For sure... Stop being dense 

I think you need to go check the difference between hype and public reaction. 

Edited by Digitalism
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Goaty said:

"I don't cater to all these vipers dressed as empaths" sis who do you think she's talking about here :deadbanana2: 

She is talking about her fans. :foxaylove2:

spacer.png

The user score on Albums of the year being 49 :rip:

Edit: Oh it's not only there

Rateyourmusic has it at 2.2/5

Edited by Digitalism

27 minutes ago, Digitalism said:

We already went through that. We will see if it was hype or admiration depending on it spending 20 weeks in the top 10 or becoming a frontloaded bomb... 

Edited by WildHeart

1 hour ago, Cameltoe Chariot said:

It's too bad, because so far NME's review is the only one that feels honest.

Y'all's confirmation bias is insane :rip:

• Like 2

Does this count for Metacritic?

The 10 WORST lyrics in Taylor Swift's new album - ranked

1. "The Tortured Poets Department" - Naïve, uninspired, and twee, the lyrics read like high-school diary entries that even hard-core groupies will struggle to defend.

2. "I Hate It Here" - Beyond parody. This is one of the lyrics that I had to wait for the official release to check if it was real.
3. "The Tortured Poets Department" - Naïve, uninspired, and twee, the lyrics read like high-school diary entries that even hard-core groupies will struggle to defend.
4. "imgonnagetyouback" - Aston Martin! She's just like you and me! 
5. "Florida!!!" - Die-hard fans are highlighting this line for its particular genius. Smells desperate to me...
6. "So High School" - Reminder that these are the 'poems' of a woman approaching 40 years old.
7. "Who's Afraid of Little Old Me?" - Petrifying, Tay Tay! What's truly scary is how uninspired these lyrics are.
8. "I Can Fix Him (No Really I Can)" - Really, Taylor? Are we honestly to believe Indie rocker nepo-baby Matthew Timothy Healy, son of British daytime TV host Denise Welch, is that much of a bad boy?
9. "Down Bad" - For those not aged 15 or under – to be 'down bad' is to be shamelessly keen for a sexual relationship. Taylor Swift is 34.
10. "But Daddy I Love Him" - Bizarrely, this song seems to be aimed at fans who took umbrage at her short-lived romance with accused-racist Matty Healy.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-13328767/Taylor-Swift-worst-lyrics-ranked-cringe-tortured-poets-department.html

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Digitalism said:

And what is the so-called "public reaction"? The millions of people that are listening to the music and, based on 17 years of receipts, will keep listening to her album in the future or the few hundred internet users giving "reviews" on obscure websites?

david-bowie-2.thumb.jpg.c2391a527e272edc

3 minutes ago, Feanor said:

And what is the so-called "public reaction"? The millions of people that are listening to the music and, based on 17 years of receipts, will keep listening to her album in the future or the few hundred internet users giving "reviews" on obscure websites?

Listening on first day means nothing

Yall truly don't understand what hype is. 

1 minute ago, Digitalism said:

Fortunately Taylor Swift has a history stretching back 17 years and 10 albums proving that even beyond their hyped debuts, ALL her albums remain extremely relevant and highly consumed years after their release. Are you implying that TTPD will become her first album to perform otherwise?

RS giving this a 100, they truly have become a joke. Any publication giving it more than 80 is just pandering to stans

I think Pitchfork might do separate reviews for both parts - and let me predict the main album will get 6.8

15 minutes ago, Digitalism said:

Do you seriously, honestly, actually no-joke expect this album to fail to resonate with people who already love her work and expect it to fail to achieve the recurrent commercial numbers the ENTIRE rest of her discography enjoys? I promise you that the majority of fans enjoy this album, and I promise you that the numbers - which are just as valid as random "user scores" and individual reviews - will demonstrate that fact very clearly for a very long time.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.