Top Posters In This Topic

• Raspberries

• DLW

• Cloröx

• Sugden

33 minutes ago, Chris said:

And she dragged Kim?

Where?

thanK you aIMee is a very thinly veiled Kim Kardashian diss track…

It BANGS but I think the capitalisation was pretty unneeded.

Edited by Peroxide

i dont think this one counts but they went innn on her 

damn

That said, is this the album that finally grants us societal permission to say that Swift is not a great lyricist? She can be, sometimes, but greatness isn't a part-time job, and the thinning thinness of her words can make big emotions feel hollow. Plus, the objects of affection that populate these midtempo reminiscences all sound like real creeps. "At dinner, you take my ring off my middle finger and put it on the one people put wedding rings on," sings the most celebrated songwriter of her generation on her album's title track, "and that's the closest I've come to my heart exploding." Oh man. In "The Manuscript," she sings in the third person, describing a flame who once "said that if the sex was half as good as the conversation was, soon they'd be pushing strollers." During "I Can Fix Him (No Really I Can)," she gloms onto some imaginary bad boy, describing how "his hand, so calloused from his pistol, softly traces hearts on my face" — which must be pretty close to what you get when you ask ChatGPT to compose a Lana Del Rey hook. Attempting to further signal her maturity, Swift deploys profanity with awkward relentlessness across too many of these songs, sounding like a child test-driving her illicit new vocabulary in hopes of convincing the greater populace that she is, in fact, 34 years old.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/music/2024/04/20/taylor-swift-review-tortured-poets-department/

• Like 1
  • Haha 13

And Taylor can diss whoever the f*ck she wants btw.

The way she has almost all of her albums on the Billboard 200.

:deadbanana2:

Cameltoe Chariot
22 minutes ago, Chris said:

The way she has almost all of her albums on the Billboard 200.

:deadbanana2:

No one with a life outside of stanning Taylor is buying/streaming these albums rn, I'm sorry to say sister :chick3:

Big numbers, but it's all in an echo chamber :chick3:

taylor-swift-ellen.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Trainwreck said:

I can feel the -1 from Pitchfork incoming :suburban:

Imagine the COLLAPSE if they pulled a Shine On.

:ryan3:

Edited by Virgos Groove
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Virgos Groove said:

Imagine the COLLPASE if they pulled a Shine On.

They are too afraid of the terrorist attacks that would ensue.

1 hour ago, Chris said:

Again why do people want Taylor to "try something new"?

because the 31 songs sound way too similar, duh? the album sound the same as the 1989 vault tracks and half of midnights.

• Thanks 2

i dont think pitchfork will go too hard on her

sputinik tho... they already gave midnight a 48

After 4 AOTYs and 11 sucessful studio albums, I don't think she has anything to prove in terms of creating quality music :celestial2:

As long as the fans enjoy the music then it's a win :heart2:

"But snoozefest! 31 tracks! Boring!"

Don't listen :rip: Go listen to your fave's upbeat album jesus

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Peroxide said:

thanK you aIMee is a very thinly veiled Kim Kardashian diss track…

It BANGS but I think the capitalisation was pretty unneeded.

i don't think sooo. A lot of people that aren't fans from kim or taylor don't know about their beef. I think it was needed. 

Deserves lower. Wallowing embarrassing lyrics, ITERATIVE of all her works post Folklore. 

2 hours of Jack's echoey dream pop **** is comparable to Chinese water torture

18 minutes ago, Virgos Groove said:

Imagine the COLLAPSE if they pulled a Shine On.

when they give her a 10 and BNM, then what? :suburban:

54 minutes ago, Sugden said:

damn

That said, is this the album that finally grants us societal permission to say that Swift is not a great lyricist? She can be, sometimes, but greatness isn't a part-time job, and the thinning thinness of her words can make big emotions feel hollow. Plus, the objects of affection that populate these midtempo reminiscences all sound like real creeps. "At dinner, you take my ring off my middle finger and put it on the one people put wedding rings on," sings the most celebrated songwriter of her generation on her album's title track, "and that's the closest I've come to my heart exploding." Oh man. In "The Manuscript," she sings in the third person, describing a flame who once "said that if the sex was half as good as the conversation was, soon they'd be pushing strollers." During "I Can Fix Him (No Really I Can)," she gloms onto some imaginary bad boy, describing how "his hand, so calloused from his pistol, softly traces hearts on my face" — which must be pretty close to what you get when you ask ChatGPT to compose a Lana Del Rey hook. Attempting to further signal her maturity, Swift deploys profanity with awkward relentlessness across too many of these songs, sounding like a child test-driving her illicit new vocabulary in hopes of convincing the greater populace that she is, in fact, 34 years old.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/music/2024/04/20/taylor-swift-review-tortured-poets-department/

:deadbanana4::deadbanana4::deadbanana4:

19 minutes ago, TayDine1989 said:

If they dedicated half the time they give Taylor daily on streaming their faves they wouldn't be selling makeup, thongs and migraine pills :suburban:

Edited by Trainwreck

Cameltoe Chariot
18 minutes ago, TayDine1989 said:

After 4 AOTYs and 11 sucessful studio albums, I don't think she has anything to prove in terms of creating quality music :celestial2:

As long as the fans enjoy the music then it's a win :heart2:

"But snoozefest! 31 tracks! Boring!"

You say this as if Taylor Swift isn't entirely up all of our collective asses 24/7 on every music service, streaming platform and radio station 24/7 thanks to aggressive paid promotion by her team :rip:

Just now, Cameltoe Chariot said:

You say this as if Taylor Swift isn't entirely up all of our collective asses 24/7 on every music service, streaming platform and radio station 24/7 thanks to aggressive paid promotion by her team :rip:

And you've spent the past two days talking about her, you're genuinely doing it to yourself

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

21 minutes ago, Strawberry Bubble said:

i don't think sooo. A lot of people that aren't fans from kim or taylor don't know about their beef. I think it was needed. 

Really? I think the beef is a very well documented. It basically defined the Rep era.

Inb4 P4K pulls a reverse warholian experience and give BNM, I can feel it 

:clack:

1 hour ago, Chris said:

And Taylor can diss whoever the f*ck she wants btw.

I'm not saying she can't sis…

:suburban:

But it just felt TOO on the nose for me. Plus I'm a bit over random stylisations in song titles that just make little no sense… (Florida!!!, imgonnagetyouback being the other examples)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Peroxide said:

Really? I think the beef is a very well documented. It basically defined the Rep era.

Well, she's gaining a lot of fans after The Eras Tour. She's explaining everything very clearly for every new person that wants to know about her, lol

Cameltoe Chariot
5 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

And you've spent the past two days talking about her, you're genuinely doing it to yourself

Well hate to break it to you sister but up until recently I was a huge fan :coffee:

I'm speaking from a place of years spent as a fan going to her shows, buying her albums... I'm not just sh*tting up the thread to be a troll. I'm sharing my opinions in a discussion thread about her latest album. Sorry it's not to the terms and conditions of Swiftie Inc. :biblionny:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 hours ago, Wonderland said:

All I'm going to say to this is if you want to listen to a genuinely healthy "moving on" album, go listen to the masterpiece that is Kacey Musgraves' "Deeper Well".

Best post. Such a serene, mature album.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sugden said:

damn

They went in and it's the Washington Post :rip:

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.