Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

I feel like this album will be Her most cohesive lyrically, but the sonics will be very schizophrenic like Red..... Best believe Joe will be skull dragged

vBFSt3p.gif

• Haha 6

• Replies
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

I low key hope this will be her return to country music. I'm over the folk (sorry tay) and another electro pop album would be boring as well.

3 minutes ago, mael said:

I feel like this album will be Her most cohesive lyrically, but the sonics will be very schizophrenic like Red..... Best believe Joe will be skull dragged

vBFSt3p.gif

And this is all I'm hoping from this album. 

Gonna guess the sounds of each song even though we literally have no idea the genre of the album lol. But assuming it'll likely have some pop & rock influences... 

1. “Fortnight” featuring Post Malone: I think it's gonna be a midtempo, rock vibes, kind of mysterious. Maybe like an edgier/rockier End Game.

2. “The Tortured Poets Department”: It's giving dark vibes like I Did Something Bad/Don't Blame Me.

3. “My Boy Only Breaks His Favorite Toys”: Unfortunately this is giving me TIWWCHNT / IFTYE vibes, at least lyrically. I think it'll be sarcastic. Maybe soundwise something like I Think he Knows.

4. “Down Bad”: I think this is gonna be the lead, idk why. But I picture it being a banger of some sort. 

5. “So Long, London”: I think it'll be similar to Cornelia Street but probably not upbeat. I'm thinking more My Tears Ricochet or The Archer vibes.

6. “But Daddy I Love Him”: Hoping this will be another bop, similar sound to LWYMMD.

7. “Fresh Out the Slammer”: A rock banger, dark vibes

8. “Florida!!!” featuring Florence + The Machine: I'ts giving me Daffodil vibes by FATM, idk why lol

9. “Guilty as Sin?”: I think this will be a ballad/slower song.

10. “Who’s Afraid of Little Old Me?”: Another ballad/slower song

11. “I Can Fix Him (No Really I Can)”: The ultimate pop/rock bop of the album

12. “loml”: Ballad/slower song

13. “I Can Do It With a Broken Heart”: An upbeat empowerment anthem. More on the midtempo side but 

14. “The Smallest Man Who Ever Lived”: Midtempo  

15. “The Alchemy”: An upbeat or midtempo ballad

16. “Clara Bow”: Piano ballad

watch My Boy Only Breaks His Favorite Toys be the lead :bibliahh:

43 minutes ago, Mandalore said:

Oddly, I don't want a pre-release single. I just love clicking play on track 1 and having no idea what to expect AT ALL. :WAP:

Exactly And I Told Her I Said Maam Yukikaification GIF - Exactly And I Told Her I Said Maam Yukikaification GIFs

• Haha 1

pressing play on midnights not knowing if it was going to be a continuation of folklore and evermore or what it was going to be and hearing the thud of the bass of lavender haze... ooooh chile!!!!!!!

then the moody synths of maroon!!!! then the upbeat ANTI-HERO!!!!!! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

watch My Boy Only Breaks His Favorite Toys be the lead :bibliahh:

for sum reason i just can't picture seeing that title at no1 on billboard :rip:

she'll prove me wrong tho

Just now, PrismaticOwen said:

pressing play on midnights not knowing if it was going to be a continuation of folklore and evermore or what it was going to be and hearing the thud of the bass of lavender haze... ooooh chile!!!!!!!

then the moody synths of maroon!!!! then the upbeat ANTI-HERO!!!!!! 

followed by the highly anticipated, disappointing Snow On The Beach, "allegedly" featuring Lana Del Rey

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR5bdW2RpUkiXQHYxit6Zz

How much sleep do yall think Toe has gotten since Sunday :ryan3:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SLUTTVFTV said:

followed by the highly anticipated, disappointing Snow On The Beach, "allegedly" featuring Lana Del Rey

the waiting and waiting to hear Lana... like is she gonna sing the bridge? the final chorus? the last word of the song?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TaggedGalaxy said:

not more than 13 minutes, i fear :gaycat5:

Who tf made that swiftlyneutral sub on reddit? Some of the worst psychopaths are in that sub. 

Anyways, TTPD coming for 2million+ debut

Edited by Roger21
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, Roger21 said:

Who tf made that swiftlyneutral sub on reddit? Some of the worst psychopaths are in that sub. 

Anyways, TTPD coming for 2million+ debut

It’s bad when the cupcake swiffers suddenly seem like the most sane 

with fans like swifties who the hell needs haters

It's always the the most dedicated fans that knows where Her deepest cuts are so I can open it again.... see that fagologist(is that what they actually call themselves on YT?) YTer....

YD8WDgc.gif

Edited by mael

4 minutes ago, mael said:

It's always the the most dedicated fans that knows where Her deepest cuts are so I can open it again.... see that fagologist(is that what they actually call themselves on YT?) YTer....

YD8WDgc.gif

Not "fagologist" :gaycat7:

46 minutes ago, TaggedGalaxy said:

These pics were the most attractive he's ever been :ryan3:

None of that cookie cutter pretty boy crap, he looked like a real man :suburban:

• Haha 1

Regarding the lead single, all I can say is I don’t want the Post song to be the lead. I really don’t think it’s gonna be giving the smash pop hit some of y’all picture it to be, anyway. If Louis Bell is involved, he does lots of music that’s not mainstream pop, and I predict it’ll be more in line with that :suburban:

Don’t ask me why, but the song I’m getting sort of a vibe about (in terms of predicting singles) is Fresh Out The Slammer. I just know it’s going to go OFF and the title is very interesting, but not too weird 

SO excited for this album and none of the girlies arguing in *that* thread is going to change that :heart:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SLUTTVFTV said:

SO excited for this album and none of the girlies arguing in *that* thread is going to change that :heart:

The Tortured OTH Department will be dealt with on April 19th 

vBFSt3p.gif

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Cleanromantic said:

These pics were the most attractive he's ever been :ryan3:

None of that cookie cutter pretty boy crap, he looked like a real man :suburban:

I guess if you like that rotting corpse walking dead look :suburban:

• Haha 2

On her last 3 albums she released these #tracks as lead-singles:
cardigan - 2nd track
willow - 1st track
Anti-Hero - 3rd track

I think no matter is it pre-release or not, the lead of TTSD is gonna be one of the tracks 1-4. Probably not 2nd, since it's a title track. So Fortnight, MBOBHFT or Down Bad.

Edited by Maroon legacy

If there's no lead, what will y'all feel when u press play, & Fortnight is an IFTYE, but with a rap bridge where Post rhymes Fortnight with Fortnite:suburban:

The mood for the whole album would be GONE:suburban:

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Maroon legacy said:

On her last 3 albums she released these #tracks as lead-singles:
cardigan - 2nd track
willow - 1st track
Anti-Hero - 3rd track

I think no matter is it pre-release or not, the lead of TTSD is gonna be one of the tracks 1-4. Probably not 2nd, since it's a title track. So Fortnight, MBOBHFT or Down Bad.

MBOBHFT confirmed.

VID_20230125_014618_916.thumb.gif.a59570

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.