Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

I feel like Fortnight is going to be the focus track and what they try to push as a single almost solely because it features Post. Like this man just received the first ever double diamond certification for a song in the US, and while he isn’t at his peak anymore, he had a consistent string of some of the biggest hits of the century for a while. The placement of a Post feature at #1 on the track list has to be at least partially a strategic move because plenty of casual listeners will check out that collaboration first anyway, and that placement will help maximize streams. Remember from releases like Folklore and Midnights how powerful the opening track slot can be for streaming.

I wouldn’t be that shocked if I’m wrong, but Taylor doesn’t really do anything without considering the logistics pretty thoroughly, so I’m pretty confident about this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Replies
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

Can she give us more info on the album, I’m bored and need something to meltdown about:ryan3:

imagine if it’s a visual album and all the music videos are directed by Her :ryan3:

She could def release a lead before April 19 and it would have a good chance of being a smash. The only strong song rn is the Jack Harlow song right?

1 minute ago, cruelcooper said:

Can she give us more info on the album, I’m bored and need something to meltdown about:ryan3:

imagine if it’s a visual album and all the music videos are directed by Her :ryan3:

Another "limited" edition is coming so we will have another track title & cover soon :ryan3:

6 minutes ago, cruelcooper said:

Didn’t she add a section to her site dedicated to her “directed projects”? I saw someone else speculate on a visual album

Edited by Redstreak

I'm convinced the snippets I heard of the title track & The Manuscript are not AI... Her lower register is just so recognizable to me

1 minute ago, YellowRibbon said:

I'm convinced the snippets I heard of the title track & The Manuscript are not AI... Her lower register is just so recognizable to me

I mean that Ai is made from her lower register on her other songs :ryan3:

14 minutes ago, cruelcooper said:

She could def release a lead before April 19 and it would have a good chance of being a smash. The only strong song rn is the Jack Harlow song right?

Jack Harlow is starting to lose some streams as well as radio.

• Like 1

The Deadpool 3 trailer, a movie which she will allegedly be starring in, is set to premiere during the Super Bowl. She already has that going for her, so… 

But also, have we not learned by now? There won’t be a pre-release single :laugh:

• Like 2

Whats the logic of releasing this before reptv

This'll be her HBHBHB. I called it from the beginning. The title track will be her 'Ship to Wreck', Fortnight her 'Delilah' and But Daddy I Love Him will be her 'What Kind of Man'. Even the album covers are similar

:suburban:

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Яeo. said:

Reputa is a Q4 (autumn/winter) album and she's aware of it

:suburban:

• Thanks 1

If y’all want something to do, you can make track-by-track predictions, lyric concepts, etc.. Here’s a template:

1. “Fortnight” featuring Post Malone: A

2. “The Tortured Poets Department”: A

3. “My Boy Only Breaks His Favorite Toys”: A

4. “Down Bad”: A

5. “So Long, London”: A

6. “But Daddy I Love Him”: A

7. “Fresh Out the Slammer”: A

8. “Florida!!!” featuring Florence + The Machine: A

9. “Guilty as Sin?”: A

10. “Who’s Afraid of Little Old Me?”: A

11. “I Can Fix Him (No Really I Can)”: A

12. “loml”: A

13. “I Can Do It With a Broken Heart”: A

14. “The Smallest Man Who Ever Lived”: A

15. “The Alchemy”: A

16. “Clara Bow”: A

17. “The Manuscript” (Bonus Track): A

(Just copy and paste it—replacing the “A”s with your own text—and have fun!)

• Like 2

Let me start. :celestial4:

Clara Bow - thumping subtle beating melody akin to Marjorie. But maybe more grandeur. 

17 minutes ago, Яeo. said:

Following a release pattern

2021: 2 TVs

2022: New Album

2023: 2 TVs

2024: New Album

• Thanks 1

Also loml is clearly that way since harry has a song called love of my life and she didnt want that

loml - Since this is Love of My Life acronym, I am having Charlie XCX’s Drugs stuck in my head ( her best song while we are it ) and the outro is constantly repeating “love of my life”. Naturally, I don’t think it will sound electropoppy in that style, but I am suspecting theme and lyrics of pathological infatuation akin to Drugs. 

“I Can Do It With a Broken Heart”

(Chorus)
In the symphony of my shattered dreams,
Each tear a haunting note, each sigh a stream.
With every chord, I'll find my way,
I can do it with a broken heart, in the shadows, I'll stay.

Need loml to actually stand for loser of my life :ryan3:

• Haha 1

(Chorus)
I can fix him, yeah, I’m sure I can,
With a little love and a healing hand.
I’ll mend his heart, make him whole again,
I can fix him, I’ll be his saving plan.

i saw a theory saying she left the acronym “loml” on the tracklist intentionally cause she might change the meaning throughout the song. first love of my life, then loss of my life, then maybe other things. 

• Like 3

I think this will be red 2.0 in the sense that there will be 3-5 songs that are clear pop radio singles and the rest will be more of a lyrical focus with more experiential production 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, skwonderfactory said:

If y’all want something to do, you can make track-by-track predictions, lyric concepts, etc.. Here’s a template:

1. “Fortnight” featuring Post Malone: A

2. “The Tortured Poets Department”: A

3. “My Boy Only Breaks His Favorite Toys”: A

4. “Down Bad”: A

5. “So Long, London”: A

6. “But Daddy I Love Him”: A

7. “Fresh Out the Slammer”: A

8. “Florida!!!” featuring Florence + The Machine: A

9. “Guilty as Sin?”: A

10. “Who’s Afraid of Little Old Me?”: A

11. “I Can Fix Him (No Really I Can)”: A

12. “loml”: A

13. “I Can Do It With a Broken Heart”: A

14. “The Smallest Man Who Ever Lived”: A

15. “The Alchemy”: A

16. “Clara Bow”: A

17. “The Manuscript” (Bonus Track): A

(Just copy and paste it—replacing the “A”s with your own text—and have fun!)

I think fresh out the slammer will be about her going out and partying post Joe breakup when we were getting candids of her and her squad daily and when she was experimenting with weed publicly 

Now what’s the 175 a countdown to

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.