Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

The basic comments about the backlash. Taylor has never been so discussed and loved globally :dies:. You're so out of touch with these pop base and pop crave and whatever. Don't you get annoyed? :gaycat7:

Anyways that tracklist sounds fake. I don't see Florence being such a major collaborator on the record. She cowrote her featuring track and that's all. 

• Like 2

• Replies
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

1 minute ago, Klein said:

Anyway I know most people are theorizing that Fortnight will be a reference about the 2 weeks of The Eras Tour before the news of them breaking up was revealed, but what if it was about a 2 weeks period where they were on pause or something? Because in terms of timeline, it would be weird to put a song about something as far in the writing process as The Eras Tour as the first track, no?

Like this "Fortnight" song would actually be about the first crack in the relationship, and set us up for the rest of the break up? I do think it'd make a lot more sense. 

Reveal hidden contents

Watch it be one of the songs that leaked and you'll be telling me "no no babe, don't fool yourself this is not that". 

I think that’s possible! Tiny cracks were already beginning to show on Lover, and since then, it’s clear that from her perspective, the relationship was rather tumultuous. It could be a sort of sequel to The Great War in that way. I feel like this album will pick up where most of Midnights left off and explore the actual breakdown of the relationship in 2022 and then her reflections in the aftermath.

Just now, meredithbenson said:

Girl there wasn't enough time for that bc the real tracklist leaked BEFORE the announcement lmao 

Yeah and this is the problem. I would absolutely prefer to guess is tracklist fake or not than guessing is snippet ai or not :biblio:

Hope the Florence tea is true. Swifties should all become FATM stans!

• Like 6

I kinda wish Taylor didn't reveal the tracklist early regardless of the leak. It looked SO insane, no one was going to believe it anyway. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Klein said:

Exact same for me. A solid top 6.

Hide contents

evermore

Red

folklore

Speak Now

Fearless

Midnights

I imagine yours is a bit shuffled and 1989 replaces Red because you can't enjoy excellence. :coffee:

Spoiler

Speak Now

Folklore

Evermore

Fearless 

Midnights 

My top 6, although 2-4 exchange spots all the time depending on my mood. 

It’s not here because I stan qualitTEA only :coffee:

• Like 1

god if all the florence credits point to this being taylor's HBHBHB (breakup album with grand rock elements)...i am so used to giving now i get to receive

• Like 3

Lord(e), please let it be Taylor's How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful :jonny5:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MidnightsAtPeace said:

Lord(e), please let it be Taylor's How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful :jonny5:

imagine taylor's st. jude :jonny5:

I won’t mind if TTPD is more Hack’d synthpop tbh. She actually has something substantial to say with this record (unlike with Mid):ryan3:

I'm so bothered by the Post Malone feature though :doc: 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Squall said:

I'm so bothered by the Post Malone feature though :doc: 

Same, I have PTSD from that Brendon Urie feature :rip:

Leaks description for anyone interested 

Spoiler

Title track: I think this one is real. It just has classic Taylor melodies and I don't think AI can replicate that. It sounds like a POP song from Red from what I can hear. I can't tell if it's guitar or synth driven. 

Her vocals (Or Alexa's vocals if it's AI) are so strong and she's doing a lot of elongated notes in the verse 

Track two: I don't know which one this is. It's something she's playing to her producer for the first time in the studio (someone is getting fired, I think someone secretly recorded her while she's working). This one is really interesting, it starts as a piano ballad, but the chords are chords she's never used before and then electronic elements are introduced. It kind of sounds like R&b

The manuscript: This one is so fake, someone is pretending to be her and singing some generic lyrics and a weak melody. It doesn't even sound like her.

• Thumbs Down 1

6 minutes ago, Cleanromantic said:

Hide contents

Title track: I think this one is real. It just has classic Taylor melodies and I don't think AI can replicate that. It sounds like a POP song from Red from what I can hear. I can't tell if it's guitar or synth driven. 

It was giving we own this cityyyyyy :ryan3:

Her What the Water Gave Me is coming :jonny2:

Edited by Life Savers

Her Various Storms & Saints is coming :jonny:

Probably an unpopular opinion but I'm worried about album being only about the It's Joever period

Like I'd rather it be fictional again like folkmore or something

Fortnight will probably be her weakest opener but Florida!!! will win several Grammys :nicole:

• Like 1

So it's another pop album? I expected something different.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Cleanromantic said:

Hide contents

Her vocals (Or Alexa's vocals if it's AI) are so strong and she's doing a lot of elongated notes in the verse 

Track two: I don't know which one this is. It's something she's playing to her producer for the first time in the studio (someone is getting fired, I think someone secretly recorded her while she's working). This one is really interesting, it starts as a piano ballad, but the chords are chords she's never used before and then electronic elements are introduced. It kind of sounds like R&b

The manuscript: This one is so fake, someone is pretending to be her and singing some generic lyrics and a weak melody. It doesn't even sound like her.

Spoiler

in addition, there is one that is supposedly "loml" - it sounds very real to me. it has an alt-rock sound with strumming guitars and a steady drum. the melody feels very classic taylor (more elongated syllables) and the whole thing is building to the end of the snippet with hard big drums and snarling guitars. feels like a raw, angry ballad.

Edited by beckyswift
wording/typos
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, beckyswift said:
  Hide contents

in addition, there is one that is supposedly "loml" - it sounds very real to me. it has an alt-rock sound with strumming guitars and a steady drum. the melody feels very classic taylor (more elongated syllables) and the whole thing is building to the end of the snippet with hard big drums and snarling guitars. feels like a raw, angry ballad.

where exactly are this leaks

When I search for Taylor Swift l**k on twitter id doesn’t show me a thing… weird…

12 minutes ago, Da Vinci said:

Probably an unpopular opinion but I'm worried about album being only about the It's Joever period

Like I'd rather it be fictional again like folkmore or something

I feel the same. While I wouldn’t mind a song or 2, it feels reductive to have another sad album about a breakup in totality. I’ll still probably enjoy it for sure. But it will likely not make me respect the work as much as folklore/evermore. I hope if she does go that way she does it in at least a super fresh and creative way 

I wonder if she’ll just drop the whole album now if these leaks are real:deadbanana4:

someone’s getting FIRED

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.