but I live for your drama though 

:suburban:

I swear I don’t love the drama, it loves me 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, 1989 said:

This narrative that Midnights isn’t good or loved is f*cking wild

The album with Maroon (!!!), Anti-Hero, You’re On Your Own Kid, Midnight Rain, Bejeweled, Karma, The Great War, High Infidelity, Would’ve Could’ve Should’ve, Dear Reader, and Hits Different? Also, You’re Losing Me?! 

Isn’t loved? :mazen:

Maybe it is true that she should be less popular so some of yall can just go the f*ck elsewhere tbh. 

I’ve been doing my best not to, but I really just want to gatekeep at this point cause y’all don’t get it. :biblio:

And it received peers acclaim (AOTY), critical acclaim (85+ metacritic) and GP approval (insane success). But according to some, since they don't like the album, that means it's bad and everyone else is wrong to love it. Or delusional. Or up Taylor's ass. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4

Maroon is bottom 5 on MIDnights....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 13

2 minutes ago, Klein said:

And it received peers acclaim (AOTY), critical acclaim (85+ metacritic) and GP approval (insane success). But according to some, since they don't like the album, that means it's bad and everyone else is wrong to love it. Or delusional. Or up Taylor's ass. 

I very much reside up Taylor’s ass and have for nearly fifteen years now, and for me Midnights sits at a very comfortable #6 in her discography, right outside her Top 5. :michael:

Spoiler

Also, Question…? is top tier can we STOP disrespecting it :deadbanana2:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 1989 said:

I very much reside up Taylor’s ass and have for nearly fifteen years now, and for me Midnights sits at a very comfortable #6 in her discography, right outside her Top 5. :michael:

Reveal hidden contents

Also, Question…? is top tier can we STOP disrespecting it :deadbanana2:

Exact same for me. A solid top 6.

Spoiler

evermore

Red

folklore

Speak Now

Fearless

Midnights

I imagine yours is a bit shuffled and 1989 replaces Red because you can't enjoy excellence. :coffee:

Edited by Klein

• ATRL Moderator
11 minutes ago, mael said:

Maroon is bottom 5 on MIDnights....

I need y’all to stop speaking on Godroon if you can’t give her the respect she deserves 

:ryan3:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

YOYO,K

SOTB(FML)

MR

WCS

Question...?

Anti-Hero

Paris

Hits Different

YLM

TGW

Bejeweled

Dear Reader

BTTWS

High Infidelity

Glitch

VS

Maroon

Lavender Haze

Labyrinth

b5N60X9.gif

I have the feeling that this would be her Lover 2.0, she will try to make a better album and fail in the attempt. I just hope that this attitude about "don´t give a ****" is also represented in the album and that she can push her boundaries and try new sounds and NEW PRODUCERS!

I really enjoyed Midnights but we need a new direction and that does not mean Folk music you all. 

She is so hated right now and the bar is up there. 

3 minutes ago, mael said:

YOYO,K

SOTB(FML)

MR

WCS

Question...?

Anti-Hero

Paris

Hits Different

YLM

TGW

Bejeweled

Dear Reader

BTTWS

High Infidelity

Glitch

VS

Maroon

Lavender Haze

Labyrinth

b5N60X9.gif

Forgot about Mr. Mime... she is just above Maroon....

I think now is a good time to say that I don’t understand the people who are so worried about the quality of this album just because they didn’t like Midnights. Contrary to popular belief, it was an acclaimed AND very successful album. However, I can see why some fans just didn’t gravitate towards it. I personally loved it, but the bulk of it was made within the span of a few weeks to a month (Nov-Dec 2021). And if you think that shows, then that’s fine, as much as I can’t agree with you.

Meanwhile… TTPD is an album she’s been working on for two years until, as she said herself, she felt like she finally perfected it. You can tell Midnights was an album she made for the Eras era, since it’s all about her past and that’s what this era has been. I also believe she had very little pressure to make another career defining masterpiece after she made two back-to-back in the span of literally half a year. She just wanted to make a nice comeback pop album that touched on some serious subjects in her past, and she succeeded. 

TTPD is looking to be a stark departure from Midnights in every sense of the word, from the visuals to the track titles. I just can’t see this being a Midnights 2.0, so let’s all chill out a bit!

• Like 4

not the track ranking and fighting again.... please it's been 1.5 years, we know how people feel about midnights

My ranking

Spoiler

folklore

evermore

Red

Speak Now

Midnights

Fearless

Lover

Debut (this will probably leapfrog both rep and Lover when the TV is finally out)

I just know Ms. TTPD is going to slide in at a cute #3 at the VERY least. Manifesting works :khalyan2:

• Like 1

Just now, meredithbenson said:

not the track ranking and fighting again.... please it's been 1.5 years, we know how people feel about midnights

Agreed.... even the staunch defenders still have it in the middle of their lists.... 

vNoQv9j.gif

evermore

folklore

Red

Speak Now 

Midnights

Lover

Fearless

Debut

But I'm positive TTPD is replacing one of the first three albums in my ranking :gaycat2:

4 minutes ago, Holiest Dreams said:

TTPD is looking to be a stark departure from Midnights in every sense of the word, from the visuals to the track titles. I just can’t see this being a Midnights 2.0, so let’s all chill out a bit!

Clearly. 

"I Can Fix Him (No Really I Can)" is gonna gag everyone and they'll repent. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mael said:

Agreed.... even the staunch defenders still have it in the middle of their lists.... 

vNoQv9j.gif

Because you only find your top 3 to be great albums? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

So Long, London will be a 7 minute magnum opus....

Vuf9tZB.gif

6 minutes ago, Klein said:

Because you only find your top 3 to be great albums? 

Relatively speaking..... within Her discography... they are great.... compared to MIDnights.... outside of that the top 3 are perfect

OprwrE5.gif

31 minutes ago, Clauss said:

Question is so f cringe :deadbanana4:

That, and High Infidelity are easily the worst songs. But the rest of the album is 10/10 :heart:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

So, are we doing anything like ranking related wise before TTPD comes out? I mean like "official" not these fights :giraffe:

This could be a red and evermore sister (a win) or reputation and midnights sister (2020's 9/11)

• Haha 1

Her top 3:

#1/#2 evermore / Speak Now (It depends on the season)

#3. 1989 

vNoQv9j.gif

Your picket fence is sharp as knives
I was dancing around, dancing around it

Song went from a 10/10 to a 7/10 because of these two lines, I---

Worst couplet She's ever written, like....

VQkPdHW.gif

• Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.