Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

3 minutes ago, 19SLAYty9 said:

I fear we won't from any of our usuals until Wednesday at the earliest 

at this point album will leak on wednesday :jonny5:

I will be offline from here and twitter to avoid leaks this is the first time i am THIS excited about tay album:jonny5:

• Replies 53.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

6 minutes ago, saintjude said:

can we get some insider tea....im begging:gaycat6:

Where is @Mr.S when we need him 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, 19SLAYty9 said:

She wrote it October 2012 which is around the time her and harry rekindled… so I believe him

:what:

I'm going to pretend it's just made it and about nobody in particular.

is it SMASHING now :WAP: other girls only DREAM of having a HIT this SMASH-LIKE in their vault :WAP:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, saintjude said:

at this point album will leak on wednesday :jonny5:

I will be offline from here and twitter to avoid leaks this is the first time i am THIS excited about tay album:jonny5:

Im not sure it'll leak… 

10 minutes ago, cruelcooper said:

Reputation is her best pop album and it's not close :toofunny3:

the varied genres she touches on, the way the album tells one of the clearest and most concise stories of ANY of her previous albums, the way its starts with a stadium banger and ends with a piano ballad (her mind!!!), the instrumentation, vocals, the braggadociousness and vulnerability existing in harmony OUUU I could go on and ON :clap3:

while i don't think rep is her best pop album, HARD agree about it being narratively her clearest and most concise. the way she frames the emotional journey both lyrically and sonically is always so impressive and unexpectedly moving. 

during rep era, rolling stone did this special edition that was just focused on taylor and they broke down each album. i think they must've talked to her directly bc obvs she wasn't giving interviews, but she says that album is about "losing something you thought you wanted and gaining something you never knew you needed". that is so sophisticatedly portrayed through the sonic evolution of the album - starting with the harsh, dramatic, drastic synths of the first half and gradually evolving to the lush, warm synths of the back half.

i think rep is absolutely one of her smartest records, and definitely her strongest narratively 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, every1blinks said:

who knew it was sad ?! I feel this was an escapism album for her of sorts — whereas her previous albums have obvious moments of despair, 1989 seems surface level in comparison. It's there — we're just too dumb to notice it.

True to an extent, but I also think the album has a lot of cynicism to its lyrics and that's what gives it some of its depth. I mean, the hits alone. "So it's gonna be forever, or it's gonna go down in flames,” "could end in burning flames or paradise,” "we team up, then switch sides,” "nothing lasts forever, but this is getting good now”…. "I can see the end as it begins" is such a jaded, fatalistic way of approaching life and love and everything. Blank Space, I Know Places, Out of the Woods, Wonderland. She used catchy pop beats and a shimmery polished aesthetic to hide the fact that she was in a very negative place. 

I think Tortured Poets could be along the same lines. A breakup album but more upbeat than we may be expecting. 

• Like 1

signed copies are up! she's taking it I fear 

1989TV didn't leak and so so does this :bird:

They're making sure you won't cancel your pre-order when you hear "never make it clear, never make it right" I fear:bird:

Signed vinyls and CDs:clap3: 4million secured :clap3:

She is coming for that 5 million :coffee:

Oh Adele, sweetie… you had a good run

adele hello GIF by Columbia Records

And nothing for the Canadians :clap3: go girl keep giving us nothing!!:clap3:

1 minute ago, TaylorNation said:

:wanda:

1 minute ago, TaylorNation said:

"Hand signed" edition only being $8 more than the normal. It's giving intern or machine. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Not the CDs already being sold out :rip:

The way I've already pre ordered 7 copies and telling myself I don't need an 8th 💀

Signed inserts are so annoying… ugh. Anyway I just made my first TTPD purchase. :gaycat2: get that US sales queen.

• Like 1

GOT A SIGNED VINYL!!!

spacer.png

this is a good day for beckyswiftnation

spacer.png

CDs sold out bye

how rep tells "clearest stories of any album before".

Please if you like selena gomez kind of bops good for you but we don't need takes like this cause really.... :chick1:

• Thumbs Down 1

Oh I'm so glad I snatched one of the signed CDs :gaycat4:

44 minutes ago, Hunter_13 said:

I'll be skipping these next two days :ducky:

See y'all on Monday for GODver :heart:

Feel free to skip Monday as well!!!

So she has between 1.5-2.2 million pre orders … the question is where is she at? 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.