Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

Me watching silent films all night, listing to Post Malone's latest album, and going through Kate Bush entire discography because I convinced myself the album is going to sound like Wuthering Heights and The Red Shoes :ryan3:. I love being so far up this woman's ass

Spoiler

mothercain.thumb.gif.d98227d5c20dcbfa13f

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

• Replies 53.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

1 minute ago, Cleanromantic said:

Me watching silent films all night, listing to Post Malone's latest album, and going through Kate Bush entire discography because I convinced myself the album is going to sound like Wuthering Heights and The Red Shoes :ryan3:. I love being so far up this woman's ass

Reveal hidden contents

I mean at the very least I found a few new songs from Austin to add to my playlist that I absolutely never would've listened to otherwise :ryan3:

Just now, wastedpotential said:

I mean at the very least I found a few new songs from Austin to add to my playlist that I absolutely never would've listened to otherwise :ryan3:

Same :ryan3:

Spoiler

and a new attractive man to fantasize over :ryan3:

Spoiler

do you know how long the process of removing face tattoos take 

Spoiler

:ryan3:

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Cleanromantic said:

Hide contents

IMAGINE she has a song that sounds like this on TPTD?! (PLEASE guys listen to it at least midway through...it's soooo smooth and stunning and interesting and witchy and the lyrics stem from an old medieval poem I think) 

• Thanks 2

the way she’s been planning this side part for over a year … she’s soooo autistic (positive) I love her 

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

3 minutes ago, 19SLAYty9 said:

the way she’s been planning this side part for over a year … she’s soooo autistic (positive) I love her 

choice words :skull: But I get what you mean lmao 412247723_ScreenShot2019-04-22at2_08_09P

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

IMAGINE she has a song that sounds like this on TPTD?! (PLEASE guys listen to it at least midway through...it's soooo smooth and stunning and interesting and witchy and the lyrics stem from an old medieval poem I think) 

I love this as well :clap3:

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, 19SLAYty9 said:

Kind of loving this concept and it’s 100% something she would do.

9 minutes ago, Cleanromantic said:

Same :ryan3:

Hide contents

and a new attractive man to fantasize over :ryan3:

Hide contents

do you know how long the process of removing face tattoos take 

Hide contents

Well...

Spoiler

He's engaged with a kid

Spoiler

so okay, Ariana :ryan3:

Spoiler

But I can see where you're coming from

Spoiler

Also, I think face tattoo's take years and several thousands of dollars in procedures to remove

Spoiler

so lets hope Fortnight makes him a lot of money:ryan3:

• Haha 2

I wonder how much Lana influence we’ll see on this album.

You took my sadness out of its compartment

In the tortured poets department

I ain’t no candle in the wind

:cries:

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

5 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

Well...

Reveal hidden contents

He's engaged with a kid

Reveal hidden contents

so okay, Ariana :ryan3:

Reveal hidden contents

But I can see where you're coming from

Reveal hidden contents

Also, I think face tattoo's take years and several thousands of dollars in procedures to remove

Reveal hidden contents

so lets hope Fortnight makes him a lot of money:ryan3:

Spoiler

Your business is yours and mine is mine
Why do you care so much whose- I ride?
Why?

Spoiler

I find men with kids so hot tbh, Ariana, sister, I understand you :ryan3:

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

I wonder how much Lana influence we’ll see on this album.

You took my sadness out of its compartment

In the tortured poets department

I ain’t no candle in the wind

:cries:

if there’s a song as good as Mariner’s Apartment Complex we already won :jonny3:

• Like 3

First single is Down Bad.

I know nothing btw just wanted to cosplay as an insider, a Teneo tea

Edited by Lille
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, 19SLAYty9 said:

I’m sorry but :deadbanana4::deadbanana4::deadbanana4:

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

idk I feel like she isn't aiming for a concept record even though the album title and song titles sort of have a theme. But idk...I just dont see her tying everything with a ribbon / giving it such a STRONG and succinct concept for some reason. Just a gut feeling but my gut feelings tend to be right most days :-* 

It's probably just gonna be a Joeover album with very poetic and sometimes sarcastic lyrics, but I have no idea why the title of the album is so specific, I guess we'll find out in the title track :bird:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Maroon legacy said:

It's probably just gonna be a Joeover album with very poetic and sometimes sarcastic lyrics, but I have no idea why the title of the album is so specific, I guess we'll find out in the title track :bird:

I wonder if the title track will be exploring the recurring idea we've had in her work about feeling like she was not good enough for Joe. I completely picture a sarcastic track tbh, playing on the fact he took himself wayyy too seriously. 

Edited by Klein

7 minutes ago, Dear Reader said:

I’m sorry but :deadbanana4::deadbanana4::deadbanana4:

(Positive) is what ******* SENT me :deadbanana4:

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Cleanromantic said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Your business is yours and mine is mine
Why do you care so much whose- I ride?
Why?

Reveal hidden contents

I find men with kids so hot tbh, Ariana, sister, I understand you :ryan3:

Oh that's not-

In the sense that-

No.

Spoiler

Edited by wastedpotential
  • Haha 1

Really hoping we get a music video/single in the next month. :gaycat6:

I feel like the first track is a collab (narratively like exile) to put us in context about the breakup, while the rest of the songs show us her trying to get over the breakup. Otherwise, I wouldn't understand why she has chosen to start the album with a collab.

I don’t understand the concern about the album starting with a collab — it’s still a Taylor Swift song

• Like 2

I just had a thought that we’ll have a new prologue to read in about two months too :jonnycat: she’s about to spill so much. she won’t hold back :jonnycat:

2 hours ago, Badgalbriel said:

But damn.... Cruel Summer killed the SNTV lead single, kept 1989 TV from having a proper single and will probably get in the way of TS11 lead single too. 

Truly the cockroach of her discography 

If i'm not wrong It's happening the same thing of BL and the other the weeknd singles

31 minutes ago, Thorn said:

I feel like the first track is a collab (narratively like exile) to put us in context about the breakup, while the rest of the songs show us her trying to get over the breakup. Otherwise, I wouldn't understand why she has chosen to start the album with a collab.

Yeah, I either want the Post collab to be a full narrative duet or to just be harmonizations. I think their voices will complement each other's quite nicely either way, but starting the album off with a back-and-forth would be a gut punch :jonny2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.