Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

8 minutes ago, meredithbenson said:

the album will be great and we'll all have it as #1 bc of recency bias, but by june we'll all come to realize that reputation is truly #1

Delusion at its finest :ryan3:

Edited by Klein
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 53.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

• ATRL Moderator

Been very busy the past couple days so I haven't been able to participate in the shenanigans (still getting caught up on the early pages of the thread.) 

I did watch the Grammy's live and was bamboozled when she announced this. I sprinted to insta half thinking that this was an elaborate joke and that we were still getting Rep TV :rip:

Anyway, I'm absolutely perched, gobsmacked, ecstatic, and scared for my last.fm play count :dies:

I actually like the titles and I think there's a chance she's going to subvert some expectations with the ones people have deemed 'cringey.' The only one I really can't get behind is Down Bad but I'm sure she'll serve excellence regardless. Can't wait for the ensuing two months of tomfoolery :celestial4: 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Klein said:

I also feel like the fact it's coming this soon means it's going to be AMAZING. She truly doesn't have to release a new album to entertain anything. If what she had wasn't top notched, all she had to do is just release Rep and Debut TV this year and wait for some more artistic juice. 

This is just going to be amazing. The fact I'm even envisioning it could top evermore is WILD considering my love for this record. 

Hide contents

Or it's just a mid cash grab to profit off of her absolutely diabolical success and popularity right now, but that's like a 1% chance of being true at this point.

If she wanted to cash grab on the hype, she would've included the stand alone singles from last year on their respective parent album, or keep dropping batches of limited edition CDs like the tour version of Midnights and so on.

There must be confidence in this album considering how fickle an imperial phase can be if there's a misstep.

• Like 3

With how strong Cruel Summer is still going, she might as well just not release any single before the album. 

But damn.... Cruel Summer killed the SNTV lead single, kept 1989 TV from having a proper single and will probably get in the way of TS11 lead single too. 

Truly the cockroach of her discography 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

But damn.... Cruel Summer killed the SNTV lead single, kept 1989 TV from having a proper single and will probably get in the way of TS11 lead single too. 

Well don't compare her new work with vault tracks, I'm sure whatever she's putting out is gonna work better in charts then I Can See You, Is It Over Now? and Sl*t!

Hopefully that cover relates with the album content, unlike Midnights :lakitu:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

I'd be truly impressed if Cruel Summer survived TS11. But I think she'll make sure to clear out the radio by April 19th, and even if she won't, radio will likely drop CS for whatever is the song she's pushing. 

But honestly, you truly never know with Lover in general. :deadbanana4:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

I mean IION wasn't huge, but it's still a #1 hit with multiple weeks in the top 10 that's locked for the year end chart, and is looking like it's going to peak at #3 on pop radio and finish the year with over 600M streams. It wasn't a career-defining smash, but it was definitely a 'proper single'. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Klein said:

I'd be truly impressed if Cruel Summer survived TS11. But I think she'll make sure to clear out the radio by April 19th, and even if she won't, radio will likely drop CS for whatever is the song she's pushing. 

I mean, radio is already dropping Cruel Summer, and those drops will increase in anticipation of the next single. Cruel Summer is already rivaling her biggest hits, and still has gas in the tank for another few months, but I don't seriously think it will compete with the TTPD single, especially if it only comes with the album release. 

Now, I do think it's entirely possible that Cruel Summer will fall to 3M streams/day and hover there for the next six months, but I think that's happening regardless of how big the TTPD single is :suburban:

• Like 1

2050: TS26 has been released and Cruel Summer is still top 10 in the Hot 100 and getting radio play, surpassing all the lead singles released before.

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Klein said:

they’ll probably drop IION? first :rip: CS will never die i fear

• Like 2

I was the one saying all along that Taylor would be releasing in April, and that she would be announcing it at the Grammys.

That said, I feel Fortnight will be the lead single, released on April 5.

• Like 1

Just now, pride4jc1222 said:

That said, I feel Fortnight will be the lead single, released on April 5.

No way Fortnight is a lead single imo. If there's no lead, Fortnight is the single. If there's a lead, Fortnight is the release single since it'll get the most streams.

She's not doing singles pre-album release anymore. It's obviously the new formula no?

• Like 1

| want a pre release single so bad but after Me! robbed Lover of a 1 million + debut, i'm a bit wary. She needs a Cruel Summer level lead single to kickstart the era magnificently.

• Like 4

I guess we fell apart in the usual way and the story's got dust on every page 

But sometimes I wonder how you think about it now and I see your face in every crowd 

She performed this for a reason :giraffe:

• Like 2

What if the concept of the album is that she’s the narrator/detective telling us the sides and evidences of the crimes committed by the accused and the last track “the manuscript” is the final verdict concluding the case? 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Cleanromantic said:

I guess we fell apart in the usual way and the story's got dust on every page 

But sometimes I wonder how you think about it now and I see your face in every crowd 

She performed this for a reason :giraffe:

I thought the same. Watch her perform in Tokio at least one song about the breakup every night.

3 minutes ago, Dear Reader said:

What if the concept of the album is that she’s the narrator/detective telling us the sides and evidences of the crimes committed by the accused and the last track “the manuscript” is the final verdict concluding the case? 

It's a bonus track though. The album closer is Clara Bow :alexz2:

Just now, Maroon legacy said:

It's a bonus track though. The album closer is Clara Bow :alexz2:

a bonus track that will probably feature on all albums just like the lakes and right where you left me/it’s time to go :gaylorcat2:

7 minutes ago, Dear Reader said:

A ****** CONCEPT :jonny5:

Sorry but this is too genius even for Taylor so likely won't happen. :'( 

Just now, IBeMe said:

A ****** CONCEPT :jonny5:

Sorry but this is too genius even for Taylor so likely won't happen. :'( 

well, thank you, but I don’t know about that :deadbanana4:

She’ll probably have something better cooked, you just wait :gaylorcat2:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Klein said:

I'd be truly impressed if Cruel Summer survived TS11.

Same, I mean I barely made it through the announcement without having a heart attack!

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Dear Reader said:

well, thank you, but I don’t know about that :deadbanana4:

She’ll probably have something better cooked, you just wait :gaylorcat2:

idk I feel like she isn't aiming for a concept record even though the album title and song titles sort of have a theme. But idk...I just dont see her tying everything with a ribbon / giving it such a STRONG and succinct concept for some reason. Just a gut feeling but my gut feelings tend to be right most days :-* 

Edited by IBeMe

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.