Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

When Post and Bey can make a Country Song Taylor and him can do it too.

• Replies 50.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

7 minutes ago, stupidjock said:

You guys are settting yourself up for dissapointment again with all this talk. It's Midnights thread all over again. Like please read the tracklist of this album and tell me how does it sounds remotly alternative compared to her other works? And why her main producer would suddenly change his own signature sound, especially after Midnights smashed so hard? 

Even IF this album will be Midnights-adjacent, what I'm almost convinced about is that there won't be any Bejeweleds and Karmas. The sepia aesthetics do not match that sound in any way. A point could be made for Mid that it was still in color and Taylor had the glitter make up on, hinting at the "sweet dreams" in the prologue. At most we can expect more Maroons, Anti-Heros for the poppier moments, and Labyrinths.

But I refuse to entertain this Mid 2.0 talk anymore.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, folkloreking said:

The sepia aesthetics do not match that sound in any way.

You could make the same case for Midnights

And trust me, I'm 10000% sure this album will be much better than Midnights, that's not what I meant at all. I just mean it will probably be pop album in typical Antonoff-core and not alternative rock like people here always think

So we're expecting Her not to evolve anymore.... damn ma:rip:

22 minutes ago, queenoftheclouds said:

When Post and Bey can make a Country Song Taylor and him can do it too.

Beyonce out countrying Her is a sad state of affairs...

XW55Dqw.gif

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mael said:

So we're expecting Her not to evolve anymore.... damn ma:rip:

Which is weird since her betty speeches since the album announcement have been all about thanking fans for following her through her evolutions.

And we are acting like Taylor hasn't heard the swiftie discourse about midnights.

It might not be the alternative rock album we want but it isn't going to be midnights 2.0.

Lastly, Jack can absolutely produce other genres than pop see st. vincent. Like bleacher his rock band in the spirit of Bruce Springsteen. 

Edited by cat1867
  • Like 2

Midnights was an intentional rehash of her familiar sounds. This is an album that is venturing into new territory and I'm holding steadfast to that belief. 

• Like 2

Also yeah, Jack can produce a pretty wide spectrum of music. NFR worked just as well for him as folklore, as did Melodrama. Let him cook! 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, PoisonedIvy said:

Also yeah, Jack can produce a pretty wide spectrum of music. NFR worked just as well for him as folklore, as did Melodrama. Let him cook! 

But will Taylor?

XW55Dqw.gif

Edited by mael

2 minutes ago, PoisonedIvy said:

Midnights was an intentional rehash of her familiar sounds. This is an album that is venturing into new territory and I'm holding steadfast to that belief. 

Also my main problem with midnights was how restrained she was on the whole album both emotionally and sonically not the recycling of sound.

TTPD and its track titles is giving unhinged which is what's exciting me.

she knows risky sounds or changes work well with her (see: folklore, evermore) 

y'all are having meltdowns about nothing really when everything is pointing to a more indie/alt direction rather than midnights or lover. post malone is not a guide in anything, as you all heard on cowboy carter where he served not rap or rnb but laid back good vocals :skull: 

she is changing up her sound, not drastically, but it will be melody-heavy 

wait and see

XW55Dqw.gif

• Thanks 5

The album should be mature with a level of happiness, catchy with a level of Sparks Fly, and with Whitney vocals.

XW55Dqw.gif

why is so big

XW55Dqw.gif

• Haha 2

I hate that now if any of us say we want her to go back to country for one record the discourse will be because of how succesful Cowboy Carter is / will be :rip: 

I've been saying I want a country alburm from Taylor for ages now. I hope TS12 will be that or TS13 (a symbolic return to the genre that helped launch her). That said, I know she specifically said she loves making pop music and tbh the re recordings of her country albums have satisfied my itch for a new country record from her but I know in a couple years I'll want another! I hope we get one sooner than later 

• Like 3

if shitty is her idea of country music then we don't want it 

XW55Dqw.gif

I fear that She will be stuck doing the same basic pop forever if She remains popular. I need Her to FLOP.

XW55Dqw.gif

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

I hate that now if any of us say we want her to go back to country for one record the discourse will be because of how succesful Cowboy Carter is / will be :rip: 

I've been saying I want a country alburm from Taylor for ages now. I hope TS12 will be that or TS13 (a symbolic return to the genre that helped launch her). That said, I know she specifically said she loves making pop music and tbh the re recordings of her country albums have satisfied my itch for a new country record from her but I know in a couple years I'll want another! I hope we get one sooner than later 

Her country albums are not even that country. Country-lite/pop. 

Speak Now is 100% pop. Fearless is 75-80% pop. Debut has twangy dialect but it's Shania country.

1 hour ago, stupidjock said:

You guys are settting yourself up for dissapointment again with all this talk. It's Midnights thread all over again. Like please read the tracklist of this album and tell me how does it sounds remotly alternative compared to her other works? And why her main producer would suddenly change his own signature sound, especially after Midnights smashed so hard? 

As if Jack isn't versatile, please be serious :rip: 

Edited by Squall

13 minutes ago, mael said:

I fear that She will be stuck doing the same basic pop forever if She remains popular. I need Her to FLOP.

XW55Dqw.gif

"I luv it" numbers incoming 

ctrlgabe-i-mean-let-me-ask-the-audience.

Oh Post snapped on the Beyonce song, maybe he'll snap on TTPD too @Post Malone made some points.

5 minutes ago, Magickarp said:

Oh Post snapped on the Beyonce song, maybe he'll snap on TTPD too @Post Malone made some points.

1 hour ago, stupidjock said:

You guys are settting yourself up for dissapointment again with all this talk. It's Midnights thread all over again. L

XW55Dqw.gif

• Haha 2

this thread is not for the weak anymore. We need crumbs,...

Never made it clear

ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.thumb.g

Never made it right

ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.thumb.g

>>>>>>>>>>whatever country song Post Malone is riding on 

listen, i love Taylor but the Midnights generic synthpop sound is on her tbh. she probably wanted to capitalize on her success and do an accessible pop album with wide appeal. listen to Florence's latest album, St. Vincent's Daddy's Home, NFR and you know Jack is more than versatile and can shift his sound accordingly. 

whatever TTPD ends up sounding like, it's on Taylor and whatever direction she wants to take.

i'm hopeful that it'll be different this time because of Bryce Dessner's comments, the Florence collab and her mentioning on tour about changing sounds. but we shall see. 

• Like 5

• ATRL Moderator

Some of y'all don't want to hear it (and maybe this is wishful thinking), but I suspect the biggest hint of what the album could sound like is Jack's work on Dance Fever - which just so happened to be released around the same time she starting working on this album; a bigger focus on drums / guitar / acoustic instrumentation that vaguely gesture towards rock, bigger builds, occasional synth pop

The Florence collab wasn't inspired from nothing - add to that the fact Post's newest album has a similar sonic palette...

ctrlgabe-i-mean-let-me-ask-the-audience.

• Like 8

Fad could learn a thing or ✌️ from the Miley & Post collab on Beyoncé's album.

Specifically that a collab has ✌️ people.

SVudR.gif

Beyonce gave her Karma by reducing her vocals to a background "Ah".

We all know "Bodyguard (More Taylor version)" is dropping tho, & will be the next single.

SVudR.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.