Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

1 minute ago, Popboi. said:

Doubt she’s afraid of a lead single backlash anymore considering how huge the last one was and how acclaimed cardigan and willow were.

didn't we only get Anti-Hero on the album release date? :huh:

• Replies 50.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

6 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

I also very much endorse this theory but the song on Reputation that signaled the sound of Lover was Gorgeous :ryan3:

Well yes, it's just that I don't know that noise. :psyduck:

1 minute ago, Dear Reader said:

NOT April 19th being the day the American Revolution started back in 1775 to win their independence over the British :redface: 

ugh she's got everything mapped out. :clap3: A Queen. A mastermind. A strategic mind. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Dear Reader said:

NOT April 19th being the day the American Revolution started back in 1775 to win their independence over the British :redface: 

I am YELPING at this, Mastermind indeed :deadbanana4:

4 minutes ago, Raphy23 said:

didn't we only get Anti-Hero on the album release date? :huh:

We did.

49 minutes ago, Klein said:

The gag when I was just in a team meeting at work, we were going through the requested time off, and after spotting that I requested time off for the Taylor Swift concert, my boss asked me if I was going, and then literally half the team said they were going too :redface:

I was literally just in our morning meeting when I was asked if I’d be taking a week off for the release of this album… again.

I said yes. :gaycat6:

• Haha 5

This will be her shoegaze/dream pop magnum opus, inspired by Once Twice Melody :celestial5: I am beginning my manifestations

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I thought midnights was the break up album? Give us some sings about Travis watering your gardens sis

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Dear Reader said:

Wait-

taylor-swift-64a85afa495fd.png?crop=1xw:0.7564212328767124xh;center,top

14 minutes ago, 3R1K said:

Well yes, it's just that I don't know that noise. :psyduck:

:ryan3:

Alright, I waited long enough, I need this to leak already

2109fe57d097400b911aae5bd2d2853b_1707111

2 minutes ago, Dephira said:

This will be her shoegaze/dream pop magnum opus, inspired by Once Twice Melody :celestial5: I am beginning my manifestations

SO real. Manifesting some Cocteau Twins too. Maroon kinda gave this, I know Jack has it in him to go full 80s dream pop… 

1 minute ago, wastedpotential said:

Wait-

taylor-swift-64a85afa495fd.png?crop=1xw:0.7564212328767124xh;center,top

when Selena and Haim are the collabs :redface:

1 minute ago, Cleanromantic said:

I need it to leak and not be this, please and thank you 

though my theory as to why track 17 is The Bolter and not The Manuscript is that this person heard the album but never got the official track names, so they just picked lines from the chorus they remembered and went with it, which would make me feel a lot better about most of these :ryan3:

Anyone else here who thinks that the title should've been Tortured Poets? It is a commercially better title and it still sounds artistic. Right now the title is too long and the Department part doesn't flow well. Maybe it will sound better in a song but we'll see.. :gaycat4:

1 minute ago, Dear Reader said:

when Selena and Haim are the collabs :redface:

Well exactly :jonny5:

I see the vision :jonny5:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, folkloreking said:

SO real. Manifesting some Cocteau Twins too. Maroon kinda gave this, I know Jack has it in him to go full 80s dream pop… 

I'm a Midnights cover apologists, it never once served "Stevie Nicks 70s rock" for me, and I'm still to this day confused about why people expected that genre based on the cover. But this is my Midnights cover, it serves Dream Pop and she better deliver

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wastedpotential said:

Well exactly :jonny5:

I see the vision :jonny5:

when it’s the other way around and we get a panned album :redface:

we need those oil protesters gif with the TTPD cover :redface:

4 minutes ago, Cleanromantic said:

This is faker than Joe Alwyn’s talent. This person posted 17 tracks yet forgot to include "The Manuscript", the only confirmed title we actually have.

• Haha 1

I'm expecting a low tempo pop album with the sound of songs like YLM and Sl*t!

2 minutes ago, Timeless said:

Anyone else here who thinks that the title should've been Tortured Poets? It is a commercially better title and it still sounds artistic. Right now the title is too long and the Department part doesn't flow well. Maybe it will sound better in a song but we'll see.. :gaycat4:

I actually think - and this is without hearing a single note, of course - it could have been longer. Given how she signed the little poem and/or lyric thing in the announcement post, it could have been The Chairman of the Tortured Poets Department. Which, honestly… I’d kind of love?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

I was literally just in our morning meeting when I was asked if I’d be taking a week off for the release of this album… again.

I said yes. :gaycat6:

i'm already taking the day off, but that's cuz it's my birthday. thanks taylor for the present :gaylorcat1:

• Like 1

Speaking of Twins: 

The good thing I am eager to listen to it and expect absolutely anything sound wise, because I am sure hitting will be there anyway. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

I need it to leak and not be this, please and thank you 

though my theory as to why track 17 is The Bolter and not The Manuscript is that this person heard the album but never got the official track names, so they just picked lines from the chorus they remembered and went with it, which would make me feel a lot better about most of these :ryan3:

I'm only using her reaction because she perfectly encapsulates the energy of the OTH Torture Department era/ My mental state with the deranged, unhinged, demented, crazed look in her eyes. I want her to become this threads' official reaction to everything :ryan3:

But maybe someone more tech savvy can make her a little smaller 

Spoiler

The cover really sells it. I'm not a swiftie at all but I'm very excited. I'm hoping for sth mature. Pls no more Karmas or "hi!! It's MEe!!"s.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.