Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

I can fix him is actually a good song, its just that any other song on TAOTY is ten times better

oprah.gif

• Like 1

• Replies 53.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

Something about her delivery on Who's Afraid of Little Old Mayo is a little well...mayo? idk why. LOVE the song overall but sometimes I can pick up a very mayonnaise quality to the song and it momentarily turns me off. I think it's the vocal mixing or something. Anyone else? oprah.gif

Edited by IBeMe
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Dear Reader said:

well I have to admit it has grown on me A LOT since initial listen but it just hasn't caught up with the others, me fears!

spacer.png

Well then it's all forgotten, better late than never :clap3:

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

Do you guys think Robin (the actual kid) will grow up with some psychological scarring due to the swifties collective panning of the song? oprah.gif

He will, yes. But then he also has the masterpiece The Prophecy to listen to, which will give him hope again.

oprah.gif

• Haha 1

Just now, IBeMe said:

Something about her delivery on Who's Afraid of Little Old Mayo is a littlewell...mayo? idk why. LOVE the song overall but sometimes I can pick up with very mayonnaise quality to the song and it momentarily turns me off. I think it's the vocal mixing or something. Anyone else? oprah.gif

The production is also very flat and monotone

oprah.gif

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, IBeMe said:

Something about her delivery on Who's Afraid of Little Old Mayo is a little well...mayo? idk why. LOVE the song overall but sometimes I can pick up a very mayonnaise quality to the song and it momentarily turns me off. I think it's the vocal mixing or something. Anyone else? oprah.gif

It misses an ounce of female rage if you ask me

oprah.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

It's because it's kinda overwrought and corny and Taylor doesn't have the vocals to really deliver it effectively/convincingly, OR because the lyrics border or cringe at times.

No one kill me. I really like the song and I love her but :gayalipacat5:

• Like 1

Now you can all shade miss Robin all you want, but I won't tolerateit.mp3 hate for the moment of female rage of the album! 

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Something about her delivery on Who's Afraid of Little Old Mayo is a little well...mayo? idk why. LOVE the song overall but sometimes I can pick up a very mayonnaise quality to the song and it momentarily turns me off. I think it's the vocal mixing or something. Anyone else?

oprah.gif

I don't relate but I see what you're getting at. In any way, everything would be solved if she bothered releasing the most important variant of all: TTPD with WAOLOM live at The Eras Tour. 

spacer.png

• Like 2

I Praise It Here being in many most-scrobbled lists :clap3:

(it didn't click for my initially so unfortunately it's not in mine :foot:)

• Like 4

ngl I was gagged when she first screamed the title in the song

spacer.png

• Like 6

The live version was so ******* surperior, omg :WAP:

Once we get the live album on streaming it's so over for my stats!

oprah.gif

WAOLOM is great but its even better when u remember that the best song on the album is only 4 tracks away

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Heldenzeit said:

He will, yes. But then he also has the masterpiece The Prophecy to listen to, which will give him hope again.

oprah.gif

Gworl, I'm afraid that might be the final nail oprah.gif

2 minutes ago, Nico Robin said:

The production is also very flat and monotone

oprah.gif

that's true tbh BUT I kinda like that aspect of it! It makes me feel like i'm attending a play about witches or mad women or something in the off broadway...like Rebecca or something so that aspect I kinda enjoy but then you pair it up with the unfinished vocal production and it feels a bit like a demo but idk. Sometimes I love that quality about it tbh. I'm conflicted

1 minute ago, Heldenzeit said:

It misses an ounce of female rage if you ask me

oprah.gif

Someone said she sounds cute AF singing the song and now I can't unhear it lol oprah.gif

• Like 1

Just now, IBeMe said:

Gworl, I'm afraid that might be the final nail oprah.gif

Knowing that's how she felt when she wrote the song and then she found her prince Mr. Football? That tiger boy will feel HOPE.

oprah.gif

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nico Robin said:

ngl I was gagged when she first screamed the title in the song

spacer.png

YES! I was listening with a friend and we both JUMPED at the same time when that happened, we were GAGGED 

spacer.png

• Like 4

now speaking of underrated indie masterpieces 

oprah.gif

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, swifthino said:

oprah.gif

WAOLOM is great but its even better when u remember that the best song on the album is only 4 tracks away

The fact 4 songs away is either But Daddy I Love Him or The Smallest Man Who Ever Lived and that both songs would be worthy of the title... your mind. 

spacer.png

• Like 5

oprah.gif

TSMWEL has become one of my favorites, ez top3 material

oprah.gif

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Dear Reader said:

YES! I was listening with a friend and we both JUMPED at the same time when that happened, we were GAGGED 

spacer.png

wildfireuv.gif

• Haha 4

Just now, swifthino said:

oprah.gif

Actually such a great concept for a song, stanning

oprah.gif

• Like 1

Now back to that bih who had a lot to say about loml in the press yesterday...

oprah.gif

IBeMe, wasgood?

• Haha 5

Just now, Klein said:

The fact 4 songs away is either But Daddy I Love Him or The Smallest Man Who Ever Lived and that both songs would be worthy of the title... your mind. 

spacer.png

wait i meant the alchemy but both of these songs are also 10/10 so let's pretend thats what i meant

spacer.png

Spoiler

nnnnnn really holding up the stereotype that gays cant do math :gaycat7:

• Haha 3

Numbers are hard, ok?

oprah.gif

• Haha 1

oprah.gif

The only bad thing I have to say about it is that everytime the song finishes, I'm mad there's not an additional 2 minutes. So transporting. 

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.