Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

1 minute ago, Klein said:

You have to be able to handle rejection if you are rooting for such nothing songs. :ryan3:

But don't worry, "you'll learn to bounce back just like your trampoline" or smth  :ryan3:

You know what, at least you're all so funny, I can't even be mad :bibliahh:

• Haha 2

• Replies 53.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

42 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

I'm telling y'all it went to the Blank Space Academy of serving hooks and ***** :ryan3:

Now... Yes My Boy's chorus is amazing, but  I would not put it in the same conversation as Blank Space. Sure, they both have a melodies that will haunt your brain forever, but on top of that, the Blank Space's lyrics are next-level brilliance. 

To me Blank Space stands tall above all of her pure uptempo pop songs. Nothing really comes close (even if it's not my personal favorite). 

22 minutes ago, Klein said:

Now... Yes My Boy's chorus is amazing, but  I would not put it in the same conversation as Blank Space. Sure, they both have a melodies that will haunt your brain forever, but on top of that, the Blank Space's lyrics are next-level brilliance. 

To me Blank Space stands tall above all of her pure uptempo pop songs. Nothing really comes close (even if it's not my personal favorite). 

Oh it's not at the Blank Space level but it attended some of her classes :gaycat4:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Klein said:

3 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

Oh it's not at the Blank Space level but it attended some of her classes :gaycat4:

My Bible Only Exhibits Her Favorite Verses is on the same level as Grammy-Hero to me :bird:

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Dear Reader said:

My Bible Only Exhibits Her Favorite Verses is on the same level as Grammy-Hero to me :bird:

I'd say the second half of the My Bestie Only Prays The Rosary bridge washes the Amen-Hero bridge (and I think the reverse for their verse melodies), but stacking them up chorus v. chorus is really quite a close call :giraffe:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, wastedpotential said:

I'd say the second half of the My Bestie Only Prays The Rosary bridge washes the Amen-Hero bridge (and I think the reverse for their verse melodies), but stacking them up chorus v. chorus is really quite a close call :giraffe:

Now what was I thinking when clearly the proper biblicization here is Amen-Hymn :deadbanana4:

Excuse me y'all I'm still a bit hungover :gaycat4:

But actually while I'm thinking about it, I think My Beliefs Only Make Me Sanctified has one of the strongest outros of Her career this side of The Other Side Of The Trinity

Just say when, I'd play again
He was my best friend down at the sandlot
I felt more when we played pretend
Than with all the Kens
'Cause he took me out of my box
Stole my tortured heart
Left all these broken parts
Told me I'm better off
But I'm not
I'm not, I'm not

:jonny5::jonny5::jonny5:

:jonnycat::jonnycat::jonnycat::jonnycat:

:WAP::WAP::WAP:

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

The way she switches up the lyrics during the post chorus of MBOBHFT as well :clap3:

Cause I knew too much

There was danger in the heat of my touch

Ahhh a lyricist :WAP:

• Like 3

Truth, dare, spin bottles
You know how to ball, I know Aristotle
Brand new, full-throttle
Touch me while your bros play Grand Theft Auto

spacer.png

It's true, swear, scouts honor
You knew what you wanted and boy, you got her
Brand new, full-throttle
You already know, babe

spacer.png

• Like 3

The way she sings "it's one HELLL OFFF A DRUGG" in the bridge of Florida!!! is a religious experience :jonny5:

• Like 2

22 hours ago, piotrert said:

the alchemy:

Tuesday, 30th: 447 241

Tuesday, 06th: 468 357 (+4.72%)

well sorta, kinda

:clack:

31st: 447 436

7th:  573 768 (+28.2%)

ok, it's happening

• Like 2

In my mind Guilty as Sin? and The Alchemy would be the perfect 3rd and 4th singles :suburban:

The Alchemy starting to go viral right before football season starts and we get new fan cam material for Travis and Taylor.. the universe works in mysterious ways. Always favorable to Taylor, though. :gaycat3:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mighty Oaks said:

Truth, dare, spin bottles
You know how to ball, I know Aristotle
Brand new, full-throttle
Touch me while your bros play Grand Theft Auto

spacer.png

It's true, swear, scouts honor
You knew what you wanted and boy, you got her
Brand new, full-throttle
You already know, babe

spacer.png

That part is so insanely catchy, one of the best songs on the Anthology. Out of place yet still coherent in a weird way.

2 hours ago, Dear Reader said:

Anyone shading Robin will see from my lawyer. 

Unfortunately it is a systemic problem among Swifties. I just know the same ones slandering Robin also don't appreciate Dear Reader, as both are (almost) album closers and slow songs that deviate from her usual melodies and lyrical themes. More education is needed so that people may recognize these songs for the 10/10s they are. 

oprah.gif

Edited by Bosque
  • Like 5

I was in my new house placing daydreams

tumblr_oss1dqm2YQ1u6n38po1_250.gif
Patching up the crack along the wall

I pass it and lose track of what I'm saying

'Cause that's where I was when I got the call

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Bosque said:

Unfortunately it is a systemic problem among Swifties. I just know the same ones slandering Robin also don't appreciate Dear Reader, as both are (almost) album closers and slow songs that deviate from her usual melodies and lyrical themes. More education is needed so that people may recognize these songs for the 10/10s they are. 

oprah.gif

Wrong! While Dear Reader is an 11/10 of a song, Robin barely makes it to a 0.5/10

oprah.gif

1 hour ago, piotrert said:

31st: 447 436

7th:  573 768 (+28.2%)

ok, it's happening

45 minutes ago, PoisonedIvy said:

The Alchemy starting to go viral right before football season starts and we get new fan cam material for Travis and Taylor.. the universe works in mysterious ways. Always favorable to Taylor, though. :gaycat3:

This is PERFECT. I dont want The Alchemy to be a single mostly because there are stronger songs imo BUT I love it having more activity. I hope it becomes the first album track to really go viral from TTPD. On Midngihts she had a lot of those tbh (namely Midngiht Rain and YOYOK) so I hope we finally get a few from TTPD)

• Like 1

Today is a Peter kind of day, I don't make the rules

oprah.gif

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Bosque said:

oprah.gif

You won't fool anyone pairing Robin with the masterpiece that is Dear Reader. 

oprah.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Klein said:

You won't fool anyone pairing Robin with the masterpiece that is Dear Reader. 

oprah.gif

Thank you :clap3:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Every day is also a Dear Rader stanning day, so keep that in mind

oprah.gif

• Like 3

What's your most TTPD and The Anthology scrobbled/streamed track?

Mine are Down Bad and I Hate It Here. 

1 minute ago, Dear Reader said:

1. Who's Afraid Of Little Old Me?

2. Fresh Out The Slammer

3. Guilty As Sin?

1. I Hate It Here

2. So High School (I played it on loop on release week so it had a very strong head start, but a good bunch is catching up fast)

3. How Did It End?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dear Reader said:

Fresh out The Slammer & I Hate It Here!

I thought it'd be Guilty As Sin on the standard tbh! Surprising

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.