Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

11 hours ago, Kyle-x said:

I Can Do It with a Coconut Tree (Venn Diagram Remix) [feat. Kamala's Laughter]:jonny: 

I've made alterations that I hope you approve of.

• Haha 3

• Replies 53.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

5 minutes ago, Nein said:

Still don't understand why all the Taylor haters listened to the leak before the actual Swifties did lmao.

I think we all know why…

Spoiler

spacer.png

Taylor Alison Swift occupies so much of their brain capacity and there wasn't many gigabytes to begin with. The never-ending struggle of an OTH. spacer.png

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

I'm of the belief that she should wait to release the remaining two TVs. There is no rush. TTPD is a juggernaut and deserves a proper era with at least three singles and an Anthology physical release. Reputation TV and Debut TV would be perfect for 2025 to extend this zenith of her career and also to mark the 20th anniversary of her amazing career (or at least closer to it lol). I really hope she holds them off a bit longer.

I kind of feel the same at this point. As much as I want to hear the last two rerecordings, TTPD just has so much gas left in the tank that I feel like she should capitalize on it while she can - it's not like either TV will flop at this point. And selfishly, I kind of want physical copies for The Anthology just for myself, regardless of how wide the release is or how it impacts the charts. To be clear, though, I want a very wide, aggressive release so everyone can get copies and so it lasts on the charts. She could essentially make a second full (but smaller) promotional run for the album out of it, with a new music video, abundant copies, signed editions and a couple variants - it's very easy at this point to see it helping the album as a whole cross 20 total weeks at #1. And best of all, we could get a couple more bonus tracks along the way.

• Like 2

Is there a reason why she hasn't released physical copies of The Anthology? There's so many career highlights on that side of the album. 

Also, a reminder The Black Dog variant is her best album cover, it's not even biases from the fact she announced it at my show.

and my ass WON when she reused the picture for The Anthology! :jonny: 

49 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

I'm of the belief that she should wait to release the remaining two TVs. There is no rush. TTPD is a juggernaut and deserves a proper era with at least three singles and a Anthology physical release. Reputation TV and Debut TV would be perfect for 2025 to extend this zenith of her career and also to mark the 20th anniversary of her amazing career (or at least closer to it lol). I really hope she holds them off a bit longer.

27 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

I kind of feel the same at this point. As much as I want to hear the last two rerecordings, TTPD just has so much gas left in the tank that I feel like she should capitalize on it while she can - it's not like either TV will flop at this point. And selfishly, I kind of want physical copies for The Anthology just for myself, regardless of how wide the release is or how it impacts the charts. To be clear, though, I want a very wide, aggressive release so everyone can get copies and so it lasts on the charts. She could essentially make a second full (but smaller) promotional run for the album out of it, with a new music video, abundant copies, signed editions and a couple variants - it's very easy at this point to see it helping the album as a whole cross 20 total weeks at #1. And best of all, we could get a couple more bonus tracks along the way.

Our fan base definitely has the opposite problem from others. Other fan bases are desperate for their fave to release. Meanwhile, Swifties struggle with Taylor releasing too quickly or not quickly enough. We want the TVs but we also want her to hold off so they don't disrupt her new albums (TTPD, TS12, etc). :toofunny3: I think the Eras period will continue long after the tour is over until the TVs are all finally released. Until then, I don't know when we'll actually see a traditional standalone era.

Edited by Buffy
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Mighty Oaks said:

Is there a reason why she hasn't released physical copies of The Anthology? There's so many career highlights on that side of the album. 

She's probably saving it for an occasion. I don't think she would sell it on Record Store Day since that's a limited release event… but who knows…

• Like 2

I was looking at album sales and looks like midnights for 2022+2023 combined is 2791k.

poets would be around 2697k by the end of this week, and we still have 4.5 months to go. oh wow.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Buffy said:

She's probably saving it for an occasion. I don't think she would sell it on Record Store Day since that's a limited release event… but who knows…

Yeah, she's definitely saving it for a reason. I just can't wait to own a physical copy of it as although TTPD has many great songs, The Anthology tracks took it to another level. 

2 minutes ago, Mighty Oaks said:

Yeah, she's definitely saving it for a reason. I just can't wait to own a physical copy of it as although TTPD has many great songs, The Anthology tracks took it to another level. 

I agree. I really like the pacing and the songs on the Anthology. Many of the piano tracks give me Vanessa Carlton vibes.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cruel Summer said:

The only thing that makes me wonder about the timeline of the remaining rerecordings is that TTPD is still going much stronger than I think anyone expected at this point. The Anthology could seriously have enough steam left in it, if it got a physical release, to spend another month or more at #1 on the Billboard 200. That puts a hypothetical Reputation TV and TSTV in a little bit of an awkward place - they're going to do well no matter what, so does she put them off for a while to really milk TTPD for all it's worth, or risk dampening TTPD's momentum to release those while she's clearly still having her moment as an industry force?

Yeah she should wait until 2025 before releasing more TVs, TTPD is still going strong and it would be a mistake to cut it short.

3 minutes ago, Enrique523 said:

Yeah she should wait until 2025 before releasing more TVs, TTPD is still going strong and it would be a mistake to cut it short.

Ok, here's what I think she should do. Milk TTPD longer. That means we'll sadly have to wait longer for the last two TVs but…. as a compromise, she can release the Holidays Collection (TV) for the Christmas season :eddie: We need to hear Last Christmas TV and Christmas When You Were Mine TV, amiright? @Taylor fanboy

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Buffy said:

I agree. I really like the pacing and the songs on the Anthology. Many of the piano tracks give me Vanessa Carlton vibes.

That's actually such a great comparison. Now you're making me want a Taylor and Vanessa collaboration although that will never happen after Vanessa shaded her in 2017. :khalyan2:

3 hours ago, fridayteenage said:

I was looking at album sales and looks like midnights for 2022+2023 combined is 2791k.

poets would be around 2697k by the end of this week, and we still have 4.5 months to go. oh wow.

TTPD > Midnights, so I'm not surprised :worship:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mighty Oaks said:

That's actually such a great comparison. Now you're making me want a Taylor and Vanessa collaboration although that will never happen after Vanessa shaded her in 2017. :khalyan2:

:rip: Man… lol. I think Taylor's piano tracks would benefit a lot having a more skillful pianist like Vanessa or Keane (the male equivalent).

Edited by Buffy

7 hours ago, IBeMe said:

have we seen a direct streaming boost because of this? I'd be happy if Alchemy got more love tbh :emofish:

Tuesday, 30th: 447 241

Tuesday, 06th: 468 357 (+4.72%)

well sorta, kinda

:clack:

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, piotrert said:

Tuesday, 30th: 447 241

Tuesday, 06th: 468 357 (+4.72%)

well sorta, kinda

:clack:

Let me go give it 20 more :ryan3:

• Haha 2

SL*T is a masterpiece, the chorus, the production and one of her best lyrically outstanding songs. Love the play on words and the whole vibe of the song. It might be a top 10 Taylor swift song for me.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, kayliah said:

SL*T is a masterpiece, the chorus, the production and one of her best lyrically outstanding songs. Love the play on words and the whole vibe of the song. It might be a top 10 Taylor swift song for me.

if it had the instrumental playing and production of Blank Space it would have been just as great

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Don't forget we still need a vinyl of the GODnights 3am edition :chick3:

• Like 1

Fresh Out the Nazareth acoustic version gutting me rn :jonny5::jonny5::jonny5:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bosque said:

Don't forget we still need a vinyl of the GODnights 3am edition :chick3:

I need Dear Grammy on vinyl/CD :chick3:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Prophecy and How Did It End? remain the best songs on TTPD 

:jonnycat:

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Forever Winter said:

The Prophecy and How Did It End? remain the best songs on TTPD 

:jonnycat:

The Prophecy is my favorite track by far, and How Did It End? is in my top 5. :jonnycat:

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Nein said:

Also, a reminder The Black Dog variant is her best album cover, it's not even biases from the fact she announced it at my show.

and my ass WON when she reused the picture for The Anthology! :jonny: 

It makes sense since The Black Dog is one of her best songs :gayalipacat5:

also my friend DJ'ed this the other night and it took me OUT

Edited by pinkbowvintage

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.