Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

8 hours ago, Dear Reader said:

what if I said this is one of her best songs ever?

you would be 100% correct :clap3:

• Like 6

• Replies 53.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

1 minute ago, fridayteenage said:

hmm i wonder if she should have saved some for next week?

new releases don't look competitive then

New live versions probably, the gap with Morgan would be too close to need anything else

8 hours ago, WeFoundWill said:

I have a controversial take in that I think Rep TV is not done :deadbanana2:

Finally someone with the same thought! By now it should be done I think but I really do think she went back and re recorded the re recording, I have no reason to believe that but the way she was talking about rep and how big it was going to sound, it seemed like she went back to either polish it or replace the vault with all the big pop songs she was talking about 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wasn't the midnights cleaning house to make way for the till dawn edition last time or something like that? Maybe the Anthology is coming on CD this year if there's no rerecordings until next year

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Starchild said:

Wasn't the midnights cleaning house to make way for the till dawn edition last time or something like that? Maybe the Anthology is coming on CD this year if there's no rerecordings until next year

I don't recall any big push to sell stock before the Til Dawn release. To be fair, the Til Dawn version (or rather, The Late Night Edition as the CD was dubbed) didn't get a widespread physical release either, with it being exclusive to tour dates around that time frame. It was only available digitally on the webstore for a period of time. It took until the holiday season for some of the remaining stock of that version to be released quietly on her store and in indie record stores.

2 minutes ago, Kyle-x said:

I don't recall any big push to sell stock before the Til Dawn release. To be fair, the Til Dawn version (or rather, The Late Night Edition as the CD was dubbed) didn't get a widespread physical release either, with it being exclusive to tour dates around that time frame. It was only available digitally on the webstore for a period of time. It took until the holiday season for some of the remaining stock of that version to be released quietly on her store and in indie record stores.

I was so sad to find that she stopped selling that CD on tour when I went to buy my merch in Lisbon. I wanted Dear Reader in CD :dancehall3:

• Like 1

for the third time i missed signed cd, this is NOT funny :monkey:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, swifthino said:

for the third time i missed signed cd, this is NOT funny :monkey:

Keep your eyes peeled for the UK store, sometimes they put it there after the US store. That's how I got mine!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dear Reader said:

I was so sad to find that she stopped selling that CD on tour when I went to buy my merch in Lisbon. I wanted Dear Reader in CD :dancehall3:

I recommend getting the Japanese edition :jonny: it comes in this beautiful deluxe packaging that mimics an LP with bonus goodies

• Like 5

Just now, Kyle-x said:

I recommend getting the Japanese edition :jonny: it comes in this beautiful deluxe packaging that mimics an LP with bonus goodies

Ohhh, is it for sale anywhere?? Show me to me Rachel :jonny5:

3 minutes ago, Dear Reader said:

Keep your eyes peeled for the UK store, sometimes they put it there after the US store. That's how I got mine!

She was less than 1,400 copies from #1 in the UK last week, she should've restocked :jonny: 

• Like 1

Just now, Dear Reader said:

Ohhh, is it for sale anywhere?? Show me to me Rachel :jonny5:

I usually get my Japanese editions from CDJapan but it's out of stock there now, but you can find it on eBay for ~$45-50 with free shipping (kida pricey but worth it, they also have this packaging for all 4 of the re-recordings too. If you want to start collecting these I recommend getting them when they're first released because these limited edition ones get pricier over time)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Enrique523 said:

To this day i genuinely don't understand what's supposedly wrong with Style TV, it sounds perfectly like the original to me. Extreme case of nitpicking right there.

I mean, it is nitpicking so you're not wrong too but it's still different.

after 3 months, But Daddy I Love Him and The Black Dog has finally grown on me :gaycat6:

4 hours ago, Dear Reader said:

She might do it next week like the first round of london shows, I don't know what I'm going to do with myself if I miss it one more time :deadbanana4:

12 hours ago, Feanor said:

It would be nice if she is involved, cause she's in the prime of her career right now and it'll likely be another 3 decades until the Olympics come to the US again, so 2028 is the time to get involved.

I mean Salt Lake City is hosting the 2034 Winter Olympics but that's so far away nnn :gaycat6:

TayLA 2028 :jonny5:

Lets make the girls who brag about their fave's Super Bowl performances eat their ******* hearts out :gaycat1:

In other news my recent fixation song has been My Priest Only Reads His Favorite Bible Verses :jonny5:

Some of y'all 'bout to be real mad at me, but it must be said: My Boy attended the Blank Space School of Perfect Pop Choruses :giraffe:

The oh-oh-ohs are slightly clunky on my headphones, but when I get in my car and turn the volume up to max and then start speeding down the highway, it just alters my brain chemistry :gaycat4:

Spoiler

Kinda giving an example of failing upwards because it's nowhere near my favorite song lyrically (I love the thought of an extended metaphor, but I think some of it could've been cleaned up just a bit more. And yet, I can just listen to the melody and the production and can tune out the rest of the world in a way that reminds me of some... substances :gaycat4:

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

albums that sold at least 800k US copies in a calendar year this decade:

Tortured Poets 2629k+

1989 TV 1975k

Midnights 1818k

30 1464k

Folklore 1276k

Midnights 973k

Speak Now TV 908k

A fun list.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

albums that sold at least 800k US copies in a calendar year this decade:

Tortured Poets 2629k+

1989 TV 1975k

Midnights 1818k

30 1464k

Folklore 1276k

Midnights 973k

Speak Now TV 908k

A fun list.

nnn oh Fearless TV :gaycat6:

:jonny5:TAYLOR. She's basically crying in this.

TTPD is getting 14th week at number one next week as we should.

• Like 4

MBOBHFT has never been one of my favorites on TTPD, but ngl I would like it so much more if it were a piano ballad :jonny4:

jjongvillee-party-ended-an-hour-ago.gif

I'm doing further re-evaluations for the discography rate and I'm really still at the restaurant with this one whew :suburban:

Spoiler

What a perfect song that I've really been feeling recently given my... activities:gaycat1:

Actually no you know what I'm already mad because I know y'all are going to underrate the Speak Now vault to hell and back and for what? 

Edited by wastedpotential
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, pinkbowvintage said:

:jonny5:TAYLOR. She's basically crying in this.

She IS crying, she sniffled before she started, oh wow :chick3: it sounds SO SAD in acoustic wtf this version is amazing 

57 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

jjongvillee-party-ended-an-hour-ago.gif

I'm doing further re-evaluations for the discography rate and I'm really still at the restaurant with this one whew :suburban:

Hide contents

What a perfect song that I've really been feeling recently given my... activities:gaycat1:

Actually no you know what I'm already mad because I know y'all are going to underrate the Speak Now vault to hell and back and for what? 

Oh I just know everyone is going to hate me for my Speak Now and Speak Now vault scores :gaycat1:

Spoiler

Only two songs on the deluxe album and only one song on the vault scored below a 7.5 for me :gaycat1:

Spoiler

And there were actually only three songs I gave a 7.5 to, literally everything else was 8+, with the most 10's in one era for me :gaycat1:

Spoiler

I regret nothing, Speak Now (TV) supremacy always :clap3:

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.