• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

2 hours ago, pinkbowvintage said:

Do we think she'll ever release Anthology on CD/vinyl? :noparty:

She will, eventually. Just like Midnights Dawn Edition.  

2 hours ago, Popboi. said:

To be fair, it does work on her favor that it was fumbled singles wise. Her singles not being pushed to the extreme like some others has helped in not make her overexposed.

I thought this too, why would she want to have her face everywhere for an album that's smashing on its own? It's wasted promo and overexposure, she'll also be releasing 2 other re records so she can't even stretch an era out right now.

What does baffle me is why there is no playlist/radio support from the label? Yes she has creative freedom and ownership but she makes them more than any other artist would even after that fact so I really don't understand what's up with the lack of radio and streaming payola everyone else seems to get easily.

Also the music videos but lbr she's really stretching herself thin with all the stuff she's doing, I don't think I could be mad at her for not having the time, all those videos for midnights were made before the album and were only made because it was a return to pop and a return to being a popstar which seemed really personal to her to prove because of the whole Joe relationship.

Overall Idk I feel like Taylor makes pretty smart career moves as much as she gets trashed for it. The things she has done that fans have questioned have always worked out for the better for her, even her bad single choices have made people dig into albums like lover that have become huge with time

• Like 6

I find flavor flavs love for Taylor so funny just cause it's pretty cute lol he's defended her against so many people throughout their friendship and has compared her writing to Mary j blige, he's such a stan:dies:

• Like 6

streaming era, female-led songs with multiple weeks topping US & UK:

easy on me, hello

rings, thank

texas hold em

wap

paint the town red

roar

all i want for christmas

bass

flowers

drivers license

anti-hero, look what you made

wish fortnight woulda held on for an extra week in the uk...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pinkbowvintage said:

she absolutely will, and the day she does I will flock to her online store

• Like 2

ONE MORE DAY TO MY SHOW OMG :WAP:

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Popboi. said:

To be fair, it does work on her favor that it was fumbled singles wise. Her singles not being pushed to the extreme like some others has helped in not make her overexposed.

Oh that's a valid point, I've actually thought the same thing. I mean, these are just assumptions on my end, but theoretically speaking… If TS12 ends up being a more upbeat, short(?), happy album with viable hit singles then… it makes a lot of sense to just let TTPD do its own thing without pushing singles too hard. That would make more sense with where she seems to be at in her life now, whereas she's far removed from many of the topics from TTPD. And just give her a bit of a breather since she's been oversaturated for 1.5 years now.

Anyone who thinks she made this messy (/positive) album with charts in mind is delusional. Still, I'll always wish we got more MVs since several songs have visual potential (Down Bad, ICDIWABH, MBOBHFT, etc) :clack:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Starchild said:

What does baffle me is why there is no playlist/radio support from the label? Yes she has creative freedom and ownership but she makes them more than any other artist would even after that fact so I really don't understand what's up with the lack of radio and streaming payola everyone else seems to get easily.

This is where I'm at too. Taylor herself almost always makes smart career decisions, and not pushing the singles too heavy-handedly when there's less natural hit potential on here and with her "over-saturation" makes a lot of sense. 

But I just don't get why her team is so incompetent at pushing her singles normally. They actually did a great job last year but they aren't really doing anything for ICDIWABH when it could be doing way better on streaming. And in that sense, a proper streaming push won't contribute to how saturated she is when there's no video, radio probably won't push it to #1, etc. 

Idk, like I said in my post right above, I'm gonna just choose to believe she's not focusing on singles rn and will come in swinging with TS12 after letting the public miss her a bit :gaycat4:

Edited by Holiest Dreams
  • Like 2

After seeing her in Hamburg, TTPD was so good live. I wish she could have done the entire album. 

• Like 2

Give the video a watch y'all. It should hit 100 million next month, predicted about 2 weeks longer than it took Anti-Hero to do so which is pretty good :clap3: 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Starchild said:

I find flavor flavs love for Taylor so funny just cause it's pretty cute lol he's defended her against so many people throughout their friendship and has compared her writing to Mary j blige, he's such a stan:dies:

Oh how I wish of a pic of Taylor and New York through Flava. :WAP:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I'm lonely, but I'm good
I'm bitter, but I swear I'm fine
I'll save all my romanticism for my inner life 
And I'll get lost on purpose
This place made me feel worthless
Lucid dreams like electricity, the current flies through me 
And in my fantasies, I rise above it
And way up there, I actually love it

spacer.png

• Like 9

7 hours ago, Starchild said:

The things she has done that fans have questioned have always worked out for the better for her, even her bad single choices have made people dig into albums like lover that have become huge with time

Louder for the people in the back. The fact that we STILL see so many fans complaining about the single choices from the Lover era is baffling to me considering that it helped her MASSIVELY in the long term! If she released Cruel Summer back in 2019/2020 it would've never smashed as hard as it did since last year. 

Covid also massively helped her, i don't think she would've made Folkmore the way she did if it wasn't for the pandemic. I'm constantly amazed by the way Taylor turned horrible things that happened to her into gold: first the Scooter Braun situation and then the pandemic, both which could've been catastrophic for her and she turned it around into a career comeback.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, piotrert said:

13th week secured

wait she might return to #1 after all. 

• Like 1

i think it's guaranteed at this point. ttpd last week was at 4/5. both kpop will be out of top 10 this week, eminem is tanking, only zach bryan could compete but those cd's should be enough. no new release that could threaten.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, pinkbowvintage said:

Probably for the next vinyl record store day sale like she did for the Folklore Longpond Session

well...i suppose we'll see how high the demand is for patch, bookmark, magnet, and photo cards for those who missed out on them the first time

ETA: watched an unboxing tiktok; the photo cards actually look quite nice, hmm.

Edited by fridayteenage

1 hour ago, fridayteenage said:

well...i suppose we'll see how high the demand is for patch, bookmark, magnet, and photo cards for those who missed out on them the first time

ETA: watched an unboxing tiktok; the photo cards actually look quite nice, hmm.

It's actually really good quality! Even the little bookmark is nice and sturdy and I never buy her merch lol

(well other than the TTPD cardigan but it was just so nice and the color fit with everyday clothes I couldnt not get it :gaycat6:)

Sucks I can't get another one and it's only 24hrs since this is the first time I'm broke in years thanks to a nice theft of my money from a family members:wan: 

Edited by Starchild

the finest of wines if i do say so myself 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

With all the variant dust settling down, which one is your favourite? 

I think the original Black Dog edition is still my favourite, although the Fortnight (Acoustic) one has my favourite scene from the MV; it's just so gorgeous. :jonny:

763e3cf4dda677683aa7be9396a2e224.1000x1000x1.jpg21beab0edba5f9cea51b6faccceae625.802x802x1.jpg

So glad she used The Black Dog edition for the Anthology, though the contrasting borders look more gorgeous here.

Though some of the other editions are also really gorgeous:

9cc650ea054cb18b10949e61fc010c25.1000x1000x1.jpgc3dd89cd7d42a9931f58bbba99c570f4.790x790x1.jpg

Though I would love if she made a variant from this photo with this as the cover:

• Like 1

Anthology Vinyl better be out for Christmas season...

• Like 2

God bless me by giving me a situationship for 2 weeks and believe me TTPD was hitting me the way I can't explain 

relating to it all 

how did it end? 
black dog 

to ICDWABH

to TSMTEL

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Nein said:

With all the variant dust settling down, which one is your favourite? 

I think the original Black Dog edition is still my favourite, although the Fortnight (Acoustic) one has my favourite scene from the MV; it's just so gorgeous. :jonny:

763e3cf4dda677683aa7be9396a2e224.1000x1000x1.jpg21beab0edba5f9cea51b6faccceae625.802x802x1.jpg

So glad she used The Black Dog edition for the Anthology, though the contrasting borders look more gorgeous here.

Though some of the other editions are also really gorgeous:

9cc650ea054cb18b10949e61fc010c25.1000x1000x1.jpgc3dd89cd7d42a9931f58bbba99c570f4.790x790x1.jpg

Though I would love if she made a variant from this photo with this as the cover:

Unpopular opinion but The Bolter is my favorite cover ddd. Anthology, Guilty as Sin acoustic, Fortnight acoustic, The Black Dog voice memo, and My Boy live from Paris are all great as well

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.