Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

6 minutes ago, Starchild said:

Why does everyone think Matty is always the starry eyed reference? Doesn't she say Joe had starry eyes in Call it what you want? (listned to it again after ttpd binge and it's still an amazing song idc :jonny2:)

She really mixed these 2 people so well and nailed it with the whole red Herring thing in so many different ways, a genius, a poet, etc :clap3:

loml in particular was such a masterful combination of the two. The song, viewed through different (albeit incorrect) lenses, can be applied to either of them in it's entirety or to the muddled emotional combination of the two in her mind now that she's reached the other side of the mess. The writer of the Anthropocene :jonny5:

• Like 3

• Replies
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

5 hours ago, HappierJealousy said:

Will TTPD back to #1 this week? It seems like no one is releasing

It's predicted to stay at #4. Stray Kids released a new album. 

she was so fast to perform as surprises at the tour all these TTPD songs fans didn't have time to learn ( especially when she's performig in not english language countries) and now it's like 7-8 shows she doesn't perform a song :lakitu:

I was ready to declare Florida!!! Clean Version as the better version because Firestorm sounds so much better than shitstorm but I hate lazy bleeping out of F-bombs.

Good lord her voice could not sustain the demands of this song in 2008 :deadbanana4: Sounding like a damn yo yo string flailing up and down :gaycat6: I haven't heard the OG fearless since FTV and this genuinely took me by surprise 

• Haha 5

21 hours ago, Dear Reader said:

Midnights is already getting tons of those "it's time to admit that Midnights was great and incredible era" tweets. Same thing will happen with TTPD, mark my words. 

She really is always ahead of her time. "Nostalgia is a mind's trick"… I remember everyone complaining about the Midnights era at the time and now everyone's raving about it. 

The hate on the Midnights era never made any sense for me, it was literally her comeback era :rip:

And the album has always been great too so it's good to see it getting more recognition :coffee2:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, PoisonedIvy said:

Good lord her voice could not sustain the demands of this song in 2008 :deadbanana4: Sounding like a damn yo yo string flailing up and down :gaycat6: I haven't heard the OG fearless since FTV and this genuinely took me by surprise 

I find it interesting how she wrote songs outside of her range on Fearless, Speak Now, and 1989. 

Speaking of vocal tones, ttpd has her most gorgeous tone since Red. 

• Like 1

theyre probably only restocking cardigans, but I wish they'd restock all the vinyl versions :gaycat7:

• Like 1

Yep, OG cardigan restock :gaycat:

I Can Only Tolerate It With A Broken AirPod is ear torture.

She should have abandoned the album and sent august to radio.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

4 minutes ago, Folklore89sm said:

I Can Only Tolerate It With A Broken AirPod is ear torture.

She should have abandoned the album and sent august to radio.

no YOYOK....  or Midnight Rain ... atleast they are catchy

ICDIWABH

◇ Pop: #24 (+4) *NEW PEAK*
Spins — 2913 [+367] 
Audience — 7.122M [+0.796] 

◇ Hot AC: #19 (+2) *NEW PEAK*
Spins — 1586 [+125] 
Audience — 5.539M [+0.489]

The OG cardigan has been restocked if you're one of those weirdos into ugly, expensive, terrible-quality merch.

1 minute ago, on the line said:

The OG cardigan has been restocked if you're one of those weirdos into ugly, expensive, terrible-quality merch.

they don't even look the same and are way more expensive :rip:

• Haha 3

Just now, Dear Reader said:

they don't even look the same and are way more expensive :rip:

I was hoping it'd be a restock of the vinyls too so I was perched for a hot second. 

I do however love that we've gotten the Lover snowglobe and this restocked in the past year to bring down the resale costs. Good on Taylor for doing that even if I would never buy any of it.

and evermore gets naught  :gaycat: she hates it with a passion :suburban:

Okay so this album is kind of excellent mood music for a breakup, isn't it? Especially one where you're not actually all that devastated because it's been withering away for a good part of those six years and there's someone else you've had your eye on who probably also won't work out very well but you don't care because you're less concerned with what's good for you and more concerned with controlling your own life narrative and being mad that the thing you invested all that time in was ultimately equally as much not the answer as the bad idea pulling you away is likely not the answer. Who would have thought? :gaycat:

• Haha 6

2 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

Okay so this album is kind of excellent mood music for a breakup, isn't it? Especially one where you're not actually all that devastated because it's been withering away for a good part of those six years and there's someone else you've had your eye on who probably also won't work out very well but you don't care because you're less concerned with what's good for you and more concerned with controlling your own life narrative and being mad that the thing you invested all that time in was ultimately equally as much not the answer as the bad idea pulling you away is likely not the answer. Who would have thought? :gaycat:

I see you're Fresh Out The Slammer. You better stream that masterpiece to celebrate :gaycat:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dear Reader said:

I see you're Fresh Out The Slammer. You better stream that masterpiece to celebrate :gaycat:

It's gonna be alright, I did my time :gaycat2:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PoisonedIvy said:

For some reason i always thought her voice on Fearless sounded technically WORSE than on her first album :rip:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, PoisonedIvy said:

Stop bullying a literal teenager. :angry:

Spoiler

Even if what you said is true :eli:

• Haha 1

Ugh after i adjusted the tracklist to flow like one of my albums, it slaps. :dies:
I really like the original version, but it was definitely scrambled. I could see myself in the songs but i wanted to make it clearer. 

Edited by selena_lavigne

Something to keep in mind, is that the timeliness of Midnights and TTPD overlap. There are 7 songs on TTPD that overlap with Midnights, when i add TTPD to my narrative with Taylor's music that overlaps with mine. But by the time we get to Fortnight we are in TTPD. So that is why she made it Track 1, but in my version it's Track 8. So i'm pretty sure there'll be some overlap with the next album and i'll have to unscramble the tracklist again. 
Oh what fun i am having. :gaycat:

Edited by selena_lavigne

3 hours ago, liam13 said:

and evermore gets naught  :gaycat: she hates it with a passion :suburban:

is it weird I wouldn't be mad if she continued to ignore it? Helps it maintain its "hidden gem" status in her discography :shutup:

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.