Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

1 hour ago, Gladiator said:

I swear, these days there is no fanbase that Taylor makes madder than the Liddos. :rip:

I think a lot of liddos are still stuck in 2009-2011 when Gaga was the Supreme and can't deal with the reality of her not being on top anymore. That's why a lot of them hide behind her movies to feel "powerful" :toofunny3:

Things are gonna be unbearable once Joker 2 comes out, prepare yourselves guys :rip:

• Replies 53.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

15 minutes ago, Enrique523 said:

Oh yeah things have changed a lot haven't they? I still remember the doom and gloom of the Midnights thread before the era properly started and i was so nervous about the whole thing. I NEVER would've thought she'd went on to have probably the biggest comeback a female popstar ever had in history :rip:

OTHs truly have no real argument anymore, they're SO mad because they know their faves have no chance to catching up to Taylor anymore at this point. They would need more than a single successful era to do that, they would need to have their ENTIRE catalogue to bounce back in order to catch up. And it's not gonna happen because most of Taylor's peers just haven't created the kind of body of work Taylor did, therefore their back catalogue won't ever have the same appeal for the GP, especially the album tracks. Taylor is also still able to SELL music physically, something that her peers just cannot do to save their lives. So all OTHs have is endless bitterness because they know they lost the war, not just a battle :toofunny3:

And yeah, i also used to say...questionnable things myself 10-12 years ago online and i'm not that kind of person anymore thankfully :suburban:

wastedpotential reacted 'like' to your post in 'Taylor Swift - "THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'" :ryan3:

Exactly, it's not even fun fighting with the OTH anymore (well, I can still have a good time tussling with the Fenty Furniture Fans from time to time, but no one else really gets me going ddd) because the fight is so imbalanced. I know Taylor is on one trajectory and everyone else is on a different trajectory, and they know it too, and it just clouds the fun of the brawl because they know they've already lost before it starts :deadbanana4:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

Honestly, I think she just had to get it out as quickly as possible because it really didn't reflect where her life had become, so it was just best to put it out and move on :giraffe:

This100%

4 minutes ago, Dear Reader said:

Yeah, I'm a very different person now and I love to stan all women, unless they're really problematic like recent releases

You mean to say you don't support the sexy, confident, so intelligent chanteuse? :ryan3:

Edited by wastedpotential

1 hour ago, wastedpotential said:

nnn it's the way that I actually almost stanned Gaga in like 2010 but one of her fans said something bitchy about Taylor and I wrote her off entirely :deadbanana4:

I still love her music from that time period I feel less... positively about most of her post 2011 output, but that's neither here nor there, but I sometimes do wonder what my life would be like if I were a Liddo :deadbanana2:

Well that didn't happened so you're safe now :suburban:

Most of the time i wonder what my life would be if i ended up hating Taylor herself, i just CANNOT imagine how miserable i would be :toofunny3:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

You mean to say you don't support the sexy, confident, so intelligent chanteuse? :ryan3:

Look, I supported her on her flop eras, but not after recent events :biblio: There's only so many things I can look past. 

wastedpotential reacted 'like' to your post in 'Taylor Swift - "THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'" :ryan3:

Exactly, it's not even fun fighting with the OTH anymore (well, I can still have a good time tussling with the Fenty Furniture Fans from time to time, but no one else really gets me going ddd) because the fight is so imbalanced. I know Taylor is on one trajectory and everyone else is on a different trajectory, and they know it too, and it just clouds the fun of the brawl because they know they've already lost before it starts :deadbanana4:

This is the reason why those endless threads made by OTHs on this site are so absurd, because it's entirely motivated by blind rage. They know they've lost the entire war and they're just throwing tantrums over and over and over again. They always refuse logical arguments backed up by facts and numbers, it's ALL about feelings and vibes with them at this point. Because they cannot accept the reality of Taylor's supremacy.

• Like 3

we need republic records to update her certifications? what they are waiting? I bet there are album tracks from lover to midnights are even eligible for 2xP :rip:

• Like 1

Girl - The Tortured Poet's Department - Selena Lavigne's Novel is in the works. :jonny5:
And i have most of my afternoons free to write it. 

• Haha 1

Truly makes ME! looks like a lyrical masterpiece in comparison :rip:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, selena_lavigne said:

Girl - The Tortured Poet's Department - Selena Lavigne's Novel is in the works. :jonny5:
And i have most of my afternoons free to write it. 

I know it's gonna be very spicy  :jonny6:

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Popboi. said:

2011-2012 was worse tbf, the slurs galore, the cocky Little Monsters, Directioners casting death spells on Taylor cause of her dating Harry…

Always the worst on my books as a stan as well.

Still gagging at that jpeg comparing the writers of LAST KISS and Rock You (?). :lmao:

Oh they were 

8 hours ago, Popboi. said:

2011-2012 was worse tbf, the slurs galore, the cocky Little Monsters, Directioners casting death spells on Taylor cause of her dating Harry…

Still gagging at that jpeg comparing the writers of LAST KISS and Rock You (?). :lmao:

Oh they were 

15 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

I know it's gonna be very spicy  :jonny6:

I'm taking Florida out cuz it sucks but i think this order or something close to it will tell the story. We are picking up right after Track 5 on AirPods. 

My Boy Only Breaks His Favorite Toys

Down Bad

I Can Do It With A Broken Heart

The Tortured Poet's Department

So Long, London

The Smallest Man Who Ever Lived

Guilty As Sin?

Fortnight

Who's Afraid Of Little Old Me?

But Daddy, I Love Him

I Can Fix Him, No Really I Can

Fresh Out The Slammer

loml

The Alchemy

28 minutes ago, Dear Reader said:

Look, I supported her on her flop eras, but not after recent events :biblio: There's only so many things I can look past. 

Oh I'm with you. I made it through Smule and retroactively went to appreciate Witless after the olive branch but she's dug the hole so deep :deadbanana2:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Taylor fanboy said:

Oh they were 

nnnn I'd totally forgotten that :deadbanana4:

What if I told you I'm back?
The hospital was a drag
Worst sleep that I ever had
I circled you on a map
I haven't come around in so long
But I'm coming back so strong

:loud:

• Like 1

she's taking Europe by storm, it's really like when Michael Jackson toured back in the 80s. The bigger surprise for journalist and what made them understand the phenomenon they don't know well directly is how Taylor music is the real big deal. 

from italian reviews

rockol -"after months and months of Taylorsplaining (books, tv specials and any kinda of thing everywhere) when everyone tried to explain the phenomenon you understand everything just one minute after she walks the stage with her sparkling boots. The charisma is there and it's unmatched. You understand why The beatles comparisons have started in America. The audience knows every song. Every song is a hit cause every song is cult, like we didn't see since the Fab 4. You can have the fireworks and the big machine but what's unseen from decades with Taylor Swift it's the connection with the fans it's all about the music. The music is again the center in the relationship between the pop idol and the listener.

What she can do after this? Where you can go from something like this? You can not ask yourself this after seeing the biggest and most ambitious music star in the world. Taylor Swift is the last monocultural phenomenon the world has. "

corriere .."i have seen thousand of concerts and i never seen something like this before. The connection between this idol and her audience is incomparable. Not only they know the lyrics of every song but they sing like they know what's behind every word. A song is not just a song, it's an universe. At the concerts usually you see people singing some of the biggest hits, here the audience knows  every word and sings everything like it's an unique whole novel"

german review (bild)- "every song is the biggest hit ever for the fanbase of this artist. What can she do after this? Will she forced to stop to make concerts like The Beatles did cause they couldn't hear their voices anymore upon all the screaming. You see her as the next president or something like that. 

A thread about this is probably coming in the next days btw.  :ryan3:

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

I just subscribed to Apple Music and why do I feel like I'm listening to an entirely new album? :deadbanana4: The sound quality is so much better, damn :rip:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

and the grammy for best pop duo performance goes to...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dear Reader said:

I just subscribed to Apple Music and why do I feel like I'm listening to an entirely new album? :deadbanana4: The sound quality is so much better, damn :rip:

if you had spotify free definitely :suburban:

3 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

if you had spotify free definitely :suburban:

I didn't and it's still much better than the payed version of Spotify :suburban:

2 minutes ago, Dear Reader said:

I didn't and it's still much better than the payed version of Spotify :suburban:

Apple Music's sound quality is eons better than Spotify's. Welcome to the right place. 

4 minutes ago, Klein said:

Apple Music's sound quality is eons better than Spotify's. Welcome to the right place. 

My Boy is an entirely different song omg :deadbanana4:

27 minutes ago, Dear Reader said:

Yeah, the distance is huge :suburban:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.