Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

It's very cohesive, though. Whoever says it's not, has a problem. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 53.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

1 hour ago, Enrique523 said:

I really don't understand why people dislike that song :toofunny3:

I guess I'm not the biggest fan of the melodies in the song. I mean, they're cute but they don't do anything for me :lakitu:

1 hour ago, Dear Reader said:

I guess I'm not the biggest fan of the melodies in the song. I mean, they're cute but they don't do anything for me :lakitu:

Fair enough. I personally love it but i can see why it wouldn't work for everyone.

:skull: 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, MardinBeksloy said:

I'm definitely in the minority. Lover is not a good song. I don't see the appeal. 

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, MardinBeksloy said:

what do you expect? to explode from 2M to 5m for no reason? It made 400K more than the last friday. Now you have to hope being a successfull single on radio can make it stable. And good airplay and stable streaming can give it new peaks and longevity in the hot 100. 

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

what do you expect? to explode from 2M to 5m for no reason? It made 400K more than the last friday. Now you have to hope being a successfull single on radio can make it stable. And good airplay and stable streaming can give it new peaks and longevity in the hot 100. 

I'm not talking about ICDIWABH specifically but her songs dropping in general. 

• Thumbs Down 1

So is she announcing reputation or not?

3 minutes ago, Daglazzo said:

So is she announcing reputation or not?

She better announce it on August 15th

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Badgalbriel said:

She better announce it on August 15th

Idk when she's planning to but I'm just praying she and Gaga won't release at the same time. I would like Gaga to have some cute moment and shine :heart: but it makes a lot of sense for Taylor to release during fall, just like original 

sitting in a tree... d y i n g 

taylor-swift-sad.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MardinBeksloy said:

TTPD is for the hearts not the charts or arts

taylor-swift-sad.gif

• Haha 1

tayhitless returns omg

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Fortnight in Japanese and Chinese!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vale9001 said:

Thank you for your clarification on Broken Heart. Glad to see the week over week gain. I'm sure the instruments and official single on Spotify helped with this. We need radio and promo to do their thing now so that it can continue week over week gains. This will probably be like a mini CS. Will never hit number one, but hopefully can ride out in the top 10 for a long time. Long way to go for that as well though 

Is this the global single? Or is it just US and Italy?

3 hours ago, MardinBeksloy said:

I'm not talking about ICDIWABH specifically but her songs dropping in general. 

It's a Friday. Tons of new music comes out every Friday. This isn't anything new :dies: 

Plus she doesn't have a smash song at the moment. Don't worry Broken Heart will serve longevity and August exploding in less than 2 weeks will continue to help her discography. Along with hopefully Music video for Broken Heart and the coverage from her final shows on this current leg 

It took a couple of months but all tracks from The Anthology finally clicked for me. What a collection of songs :allears:

WERE YOU SENT BY SOMEONE

WHO WANTED ME DEAD???

giphy.gif

Seeing people in that thread fume she's celebrating 12 weeks at #1, I guess I'd be annoyed too if one album spent more time at #1 than my faves entire career had combined. Some of their faves aren't even seeing the top 10 anymore let alone #1. Anyway, FOTS is SOTY

giphy.gif

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Kyle-x said:

Seeing people in that thread fume she's celebrating 12 weeks at #1, I guess I'd be annoyed too if one album spent more time at #1 than my faves entire career had combined. Some of their faves aren't even seeing the top 10 anymore let alone #1. Anyway, FOTS is SOTY

giphy.gif

Some didn't even see #1 cause of her 12 week residency, they're fuming

giphy.gif

• Haha 9

During Fearless they were saying that she would not last, during Speak Now that she would never be global, during Red that she was declining, 1989 that she was overexposed, during rep that she was over and wouldn't make it on the streaming market, during Lover that her prime was over, during folklore that she would never score a big hit again, now they can't say any of that to "drag" her so they bark about her being greedy, they have nothing left to say after being proven wrong over and over again. They can't stand it (notice how it's always the same people trying to come for her but claim to be some sort of majority ddddd)

giphy.gif

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Popboi. said:

During Fearless they were saying that she would not last, during Speak Now that she would never be global, during Red that she was declining, 1989 that she was overexposed, during rep that she was over and wouldn't make it on the streaming market, during Lover that her prime was over, during folklore that she would never score a big hit again, now they can't say any of that to "drag" her so they bark about her being greedy, they have nothing left to say after being proven wrong over and over again. They can't stand it (notice how it's always the same people trying to come for her but claim to be some sort of majority ddddd)

giphy.gif

That's the worst thing about those people: the sheer ARROGANCE they have while being so blatantly wrong :toofunny3:

I understand it's not fun to see a popstar you hate being so successful, when i was younger i had my "beefs" with some popstars i considered undeserving of their success too (Gaga and Britney comes to mind). But i always tried even back then to be anchored in truth, when the popstar in question was truly successful i wasn't straight up denying the reality of it. It sucked for me but that's the way it was.

Most OTHs on the other hand live in a psychotic bubble that unironically reminds me of Qanon: endless conspiracy theories, pure hatred based on absolutely nothing concrete, extreme double standards,... It's actually gotten scary how much they hate her for the mere "sin" of being more successful than their faves. The excuses they give to explain why they hate Taylor reminds me of the way Republicans accuse LGBT people of being groomers: it isn't based on any kind of reality, it's just pure vitriolic hatred based on vibes. 

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Badgalbriel said:

I don't know, sis there are just too many bad songs in it. 

Cassandra

Robin

imgonnagetyouback

I hate it here

Thank you Aimee

All unbearable 

I Hate It Here and imgonnagetyouback will hit you someday, even if it's years from now. The other 3 are among the album's weakest so I'm not about to vouch for them 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PoisonedIvy said:

I Hate It Here and imgonnagetyouback will hit you someday, even if it's years from now. The other 3 are among the album's weakest so I'm not about to vouch for them 

nnn I can't speak for Kim (truly the only dud on the album imo - maybe if I was being bullied at the moment it would resonate, but...), but I broke down to Robin in the car after holding my friends newborn, and one day I randomly decided to listen to Cassandra 40 times and it just clicked for me (it's something about the faint ethereality of the backing vocals in the bridge that draws me in), so I might presumptuously suggest that you follow your own advice for those two, at least :suburban:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Imagine the chart slayage when she returns to the states. More weeks at number one Billboard200 confirmed lol. 

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.