• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

1 hour ago, mael said:

2Wj09o9.gif

countess-luann-real-housewives.gif

• Like 1

Some of my friends are getting the "Reputation Out Now" post from 2017 coming up on their instagram feed. Wtf is happening???? 

36 minutes ago, Raphy23 said:

Some of my friends are getting the "Reputation Out Now" post from 2017 coming up on their instagram feed. Wtf is happening???? 

I got that too! 

1 hour ago, Raphy23 said:

I came here running cause i got that too!

I moved when "REPUTATION OUT NOW" was on my feed. :WAP:

7 hours ago, Scheissex said:

Do you mean in terms of theme? Because TTPD is not really known for its cohesiveness:suburban:

Yes, in terms of theme and story. I know TTPD is not cohesive, but that's actually my main (and pretty much only) criticism towards the album. There's only really one critic of the album that I think is warranted and unfortunately agree with: the album is bloated. 

The three main topics that I'm gathering when listening to the album are: Joe, Matty, and how fame can impact her personal life. Most of the songs fall into 1 or 2 of these categories. But then, you still have:

- Travis (So High School)

- Kim Kardashian (thanK you aIMee, Cassandra)

- Childhood (Peter, Robin)

- some songs that are redundant with another (ex: Florida!!!, that says nothing that wasn't already said better on FOTS)

That's just... too much. It dilutes the message of the album. And I sadly don't find any reason to include these songs other than just increasing the number of tracks of the album to get better numbers.

Imo, TTPD standard should've been about Joe/Matty, and then the deluxe be about the celebrity aspect of the album. That way the deluxe could've come and brought another level of understanding to the demise of her relationships by bringing her fame into it, because sadly, as it is, the deluxe repeats things that have already been said, and brings a ton of new topics on the table that just confuse the overall message. 

I think if she wanted to release SHS, TYA, Cassandra, Peter, Robin, etc... (the song I mentioned earlier), it would have been better as vault tracks. Because I think most of these songs are great and wouldn't want them erased from existence.

Spoiler

Standard 

1. The Black Dog

2. So Long London

3. Guilty As Sin?

4. The Albatross

5. How Did It End? 

6. Fresh Out The Slammer

7. Fortnight

8. The Alchemy

9. But Daddy I Love Him

10. I Can Fix Him (No Really I Can)

11. Down Bad

12. My Boy Only Breaks His Favorite Toys

13. The Prophecy

14. The Smallest Man Who Ever Lived

15. Chloe or Sam or Sophia or Marcus 

16. loml

17. I Can Do It With A Broken Heart

Deluxe

18. Who's Afraid Of Little Old Me

19. Clara Bow

20. I Hate It Here

21. The Manuscript

Vault (don't get me wrong, I love a lot of these songs, but they are clearly not essentials to TTPD)

The Tortured Poets Department

Florida!!!

imgonnagetyouback

So High School

thanK you aIMee

I Look In People's Windows

Cassandra

Peter

The Bolter

Robin

42 minutes ago, Klein said:

Yes, in terms of theme and story. I know TTPD is not cohesive, but that's actually my main (and pretty much only) criticism towards the album. There's only really one critic of the album that I think is warranted and unfortunately agree with: the album is bloated. 

The three main topics that I'm gathering when listening to the album are: Joe, Matty, and how fame can impact her personal life. Most of the songs fall into 1 or 2 of these categories. But then, you still have:

- Travis (So High School)

- Kim Kardashian (thanK you aIMee, Cassandra)

- Childhood (Peter, Robin)

- some songs that are redundant with another (ex: Florida!!!, that says nothing that wasn't already said better on FOTS)

That's just... too much. It dilutes the message of the album. And I sadly don't find any reason to include these songs other than just increasing the number of tracks of the album to get better numbers.

Imo, TTPD standard should've been about Joe/Matty, and then the deluxe be about the celebrity aspect of the album. That way the deluxe could've come and brought another level of understanding to the demise of her relationships by bringing her fame into it, because sadly, as it is, the deluxe repeats things that have already been said, and brings a ton of new topics on the table that just confuse the overall message. 

I think if she wanted to release SHS, TYA, Cassandra, Peter, Robin, etc... (the song I mentioned earlier), it would have been better as vault tracks. Because I think most of these songs are great and wouldn't want them erased from existence.

Reveal hidden contents

Standard 

1. The Black Dog

2. So Long London

3. Guilty As Sin?

4. The Albatross

5. How Did It End? 

6. Fresh Out The Slammer

7. Fortnight

8. The Alchemy

9. But Daddy I Love Him

10. I Can Fix Him (No Really I Can)

11. Down Bad

12. My Boy Only Breaks His Favorite Toys

13. The Prophecy

14. The Smallest Man Who Ever Lived

15. Chloe or Sam or Sophia or Marcus 

16. loml

17. I Can Do It With A Broken Heart

Deluxe

18. Who's Afraid Of Little Old Me

19. Clara Bow

20. I Hate It Here

21. The Manuscript

Vault (don't get me wrong, I love a lot of these songs, but they are clearly not essentials to TTPD)

The Tortured Poets Department

Florida!!!

imgonnagetyouback

So High School

thanK you aIMee

I Look In People's Windows

Cassandra

Peter

The Bolter

Robin

You don't see Peter as being about Matty? The entire song is her positioning herself as Wendy and Matty as Peter. The loose ends left behind after their initial parting in 2014, broken promises, and their inability to find themselves in a timeline where they fit together. "I won't confess that I waited, but I let the lamp burn, as the men masqueraded, I hoped you return" -> literally biding time in each successive relationship while a flame still burned for her eternal muse. The song uses a point of reference from childhood, but that's only a device to illustrate her naivety for believing that one day things would work out between the two as well as provide a direct link to cardigan through the lyrical parallels. It's kind of the perfect song to serve as a prologue to lay the scene for the story that follows.

Edited by Kyle-x
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

oh GAS the crack that you're laced with :jonny: 

• Like 2

Could be pushed by all the tour buzz but I can do it in Italy already entered top 20 on national airplay in just 2 weeks. 

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 2

her team is so useless when it comes to payola :skull: 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, MardinBeksloy said:

That song is barely scrapping the top 50 while CS & Fortnight are still doing 3M daily :toofunny2:

2 hours ago, Michael196 said:

That song is barely scrapping the top 50 while CS & Fortnight are still doing 3M daily :toofunny2:

It's a single since few days, it will reach peak in August... keep streaming :gaycat:

POP
36 (+6) I Can Do It With a Broken Heart
Spins: 1237 (+347)
Audience: 3.049M (+0.836)

HAC
27 (+3) I Can Do It With a Broken Heart
Spins: 753 (+185)
Audience: 2.408M (+0.614)

POP

(-1) Fortnight: 9636 (-782) | 19.283 (-1.936)

36 (+6) I Can Do It With a Broken Heart: 1237 (+347) | 3.049 (+0.836) 

LWYMMD is about to pass the crown :deadbanana4:

28 minutes ago, Sweeftie13 said:

It's a single since few days, it will reach peak in August... keep streaming :gaycat:

I was referring to the Benson song, it's #44 on global spotify despite being #1 on tth

meanwhile CS is at #20 despite getting removed three months ago

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, MardinBeksloy said:

4 hours ago, Michael196 said:

The Benson song is miles better than the 2 TTPD songs so no surprises there :michael:

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

Italian albums chart this week

3) TTPD

27) Lover

52) 1989

59) midnights

62) Reputation 

69) folklore

92) Red

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Raphy23 said:

The Benson song is miles better than the 2 TTPD songs so no surprises there :michael:

I mean... TTH isn't a measure of quality :deadbanana4:

And I'm not sure what you expect to accomplish coming into a Taylor album thread to praise a screechy piano ballad at her expense, from an act so small he could only book one date as her tour opener :deadbanana2:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Kyle-x said:

You don't see Peter as being about Matty? The entire song is her positioning herself as Wendy and Matty as Peter. The loose ends left behind after their initial parting in 2014, broken promises, and their inability to find themselves in a timeline where they fit together. "I won't confess that I waited, but I let the lamp burn, as the men masqueraded, I hoped you return" -> literally biding time in each successive relationship while a flame still burned for her eternal muse. The song uses a point of reference from childhood, but that's only a device to illustrate her naivety for believing that one day things would work out between the two as well as provide a direct link to cardigan through the lyrical parallels. It's kind of the perfect song to serve as a prologue to lay the scene for the story that follows.

Especially given how Cardigan is probably about Matty too, and both songs are linked

8 hours ago, MardinBeksloy said:

Her team ain't wasting any of her money for a playlist. 

1 hour ago, vale9001 said:

Italian albums chart this week

3) TTPD

27) Lover

52) 1989

59) midnights

62) Reputation 

69) folklore

92) Red

Poor evermore. Guess there should have been The Folklore Monster to get these beautiful songs the listening they deserve.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Deep blue but you painted me golden 

A French artist is selling this:

1721412170-img-1555.jpeg

Omg please Taylor copy this for TS12, 3M debut on lock :cm: 

2 hours ago, wastedpotential said:

I mean... TTH isn't a measure of quality :deadbanana4:

And I'm not sure what you expect to accomplish coming into a Taylor album thread to praise a screechy piano ballad at her expense, from an act so small he could only book one date as her tour opener :deadbanana2:

I've been to the eras tour twice, I'm a massive fan. I simply love that Benson song a lot more than Fortnight :nicole: 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Raphy23 said:

I've been to the eras tour twice, I'm a massive fan. I simply love that Benson song a lot more than Fortnight :nicole: 

whoopi-goldberg-rakeitoop.gif

Still, I'm not sure why you felt the need to share that opinion in the TTPD thread. You can stream that song as much as you like and you can think it's the greatest song ever made but idk why we have to hear about it :suburban:

I hope you enjoyed your Eras shows though :gaycat4:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Dawning in the Blue Nile 

He sent me Downtown Lights 

Spoiler

Can someone make this into a gif please :chick3: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.