Reminder that you all look like Taylor Swift in this light :heart:

7 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

lemme go give Clara a stream for the first time in a month:suburban:

*some of you, at least

:ryan3:

• Haha 9

1 hour ago, wastedpotential said:

Oh @wastedpotential, when will you stop wasting your potential and start stanning one of the best songs from the standard version? :ryan3:

Edited by Enrique523
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Enrique523 said:

Oh @wastedpotential, when will you stop wasting your potential and start stanning one of the best songs from the standard version? :ryan3:

Well :suburban:

Spoiler

I fear I've never gotten over the fan theories about what the song could've been, and while it's a pleasant track in it's current form, I really had hopes for it that I just don't think it lived up to :suburban:

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

Spoiler

Heartstopper | Page 81 | The Popjustice Forum

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Dear Reader said:
  Hide contents

Heartstopper | Page 81 | The Popjustice Forum

Spoiler

Yeah nnn I think my most controversial TorchiPo opinion is that Clara exists as a barrier between me and The Alchemy and then me and The Black Dog, and I rarely take the time to appreciate it as I pass through from one 10/10 to another 10/10

sonja-morgan-sonja-rhony.gif

Edited by wastedpotential
  • Like 2

And I won't confess that I waited, but I let the lamp burn
As the men masqueraded, I hoped you'd return
With your feet on the ground, tell me all that you'd learned
'Cause love's never lost when perspective is earned
And you said you'd come and get me, but you were twenty-five
And the shelf life of those fantasies has expired
Lost to the "Lost Boys" chapter of your life
Forgive me, Peter, please know that I tried
To hold on (Hold on) to the days (To the days)
When you were mine
But the woman who sits by the window
Has turned out the light

The bridge of Peter gives Champagne Problems level of excellence but I'm afraid its lost on the masses... Where are the Peter stans?

love-and-hip-hop-atlanta.gif

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

I don't like to read Clara Bow slander. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Klein said:

I don't like to read Clara Bow slander. 

I'm sorry beloved :kiss:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scheissex said:

The bridge of Peter gives Champagne Problems level of excellence but I'm afraid its lost on the masses... Where are the Peter stans?

I'm right here, Peter is a masterpiece.

• Like 3

ikeepfindinghisthingsindrawerscrucialevidenceididntimaginethewholethingimsure

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Scheissex said:

Not even kidding, the Lois Griffin version that was posted yesterday finally made it click for me :rip: the Lord works in mysterious ways, I fear

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, every1blinks said:

Not even kidding, the Lois Griffin version that was posted yesterday finally made it click for me :rip: the Lord works in mysterious ways, I fear

:rip:

58 minutes ago, Scheissex said:

I'll never understand the peter slander I see on twitter and tiktok

It's a masterpiece

The girls who get it get it, and the girls who don't... well... :suburban:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, every1blinks said:

nnn now, I'm already being lashed on this page for having wonky opinions but when I say this is one of those things I'd have kept secret to the grave :suburban:

Edited by wastedpotential
  • Haha 2

The thing about Peter is that it is a FANTASTIC song all around, but it has no business being on TTPD. :giraffe:

why she snubs Change so much? not only at the eras but in her career in general... she is waiting to perform it at the Kamala Harris convention?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, every1blinks said:

Happy to be of service :ryan3:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Klein said:

The thing about Peter is that it is a FANTASTIC song all around, but it has no business being on TTPD. :giraffe:

Do you mean in terms of theme? Because TTPD is not really known for its cohesiveness:suburban:

1 hour ago, PrismaticOwen said:

I'll never understand the peter slander I see on twitter and tiktok

It's a masterpiece

The girls who get it get it, and the girls who don't... well... :suburban:

I feel like everyone lumps it in with Robin which is unfair because Robin is a justified skip 

Yeah, Robin is one of the only TTPD songs that i personally consider to be a skip. But Peter is WAY too good for that, some people really have no taste :coffee2:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

4 hours ago, wastedpotential said:

as much as this album has been kinda not my favorite at all, this song remains a 10 :clap3:

11 hours ago, Yuanyu said:

Taylor's album dropped 83% from the first to the second week, we'll see if he manages to beat that figure

Do you have on Google alerts for whenever Eminem's name is mentioned or something? :deadbanana4:

The album that spent 12 consecutive weeks at #1 on the Billboard 200 and 11 consecutive weeks at #1 in streams was not frontloaded. If TTPD is frontloaded then what would it be considered when a two-week old album falls below a three-month old album in streams by its second week?

Eminem's album is doing more than fine anyway, but trying to speak negatively about TTPD's commercial performance in any capacity (but especially in his defense) is nonsensical.

Edited by Holiest Dreams
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Arrows said:

Taylor will be 51 in 15 years.

15 years ago, Taylor was in the Red era, 7 years into her career and on her fourth succesful album.

TTPD debuted with 2.6 million units. Eminem just debuted with 300k units.

This means Taylor would have fall to a ninth of her current success in the next 15 years. I kinda don't see that happening.:celestial5:

I can't believe we even have to argue whether or not Taylor will be selling more than Eminem when she's at the same point in her career (~25 *cmiiw* years into her career) :deadbanana4:

That's only 7 years from now and I'm sure she'll still be selling 300k several times over. Even if we look at the age aspect, yeah, she'll definitely be selling more than 300k when she's 51. I don't think people understand just how much of a commercial juggernaut she is. It's not like she's pulling these unprecedented figures (1.5M, 1.6M, 2.6M, etc) only a few years into her career where she can be written off as a fad. She is almost 20 years into her career, Eminem only sold those huge numbers when he was new and at the same point in the late 2010s Eminem was debuting with 300k :deadbanana4:

Also I'm not shading Eminem whatsoever because he's easily the biggest artist this century after Taylor. He's objectively pulling amazing numbers, and I don't even like him - see how easy that was to say? It's just extremely odd to see someone degrade Taylor's current success and inevitable future success (judging by how things are going) in his favor. Especially after what TTPD just did commercially :rip: 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Holiest Dreams said:

I can't believe we even have to argue whether or not Taylor will be selling more than Eminem when she's at the same point in her career (~25 *cmiiw* years into her career) :deadbanana4:

That's only 7 years from now and I'm sure she'll still be selling 300k several times over. Even if we look at the age aspect, yeah, she'll definitely be selling more than 300k when she's 51. I don't think people understand just how much of a commercial juggernaut she is. It's not like she's pulling these unprecedented figures (1.5M, 1.6M, 2.6M, etc) only a few years into her career where she can be written off as a fad. She is almost 20 years into her career, Eminem only sold those huge numbers when he was new and at the same point in the late 2010s Eminem was debuting with 300k :deadbanana4:

Also I'm not shading Eminem whatsoever because he's easily the biggest artist this century after Taylor. He's objectively pulling amazing numbers, and I don't even like him - see how easy that was to say? It's just extremely odd to see someone degrade Taylor's current success and inevitable future success (judging by how things are going) in his favor. Especially after what TTPD just did commercially :rip: 

People really can't be normal when it comes to Taylor, people who don't like her ALWAYS have to discredit her success somehow :toofunny3:

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.