Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

7 minutes ago, Dear Reader said:

omg :rip: i don't know what to say :rip:

Its crazy, he seemed pretty chill to me.

Idk if you've seen Nena but she released a statement on her community YT page since they had worked together before, apparently he was caught messaging a lot of minors and is said to have taken advantage of at least 1. when confronted, he tried putting the blame on the 13 year old. 

I searched his channel but it seems he just deleted the whole thing, the only thing that comes up now are allegations 

Edited by Starchild
  • Like 1

• Replies 53.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

3 minutes ago, Starchild said:

Its crazy, he seemed pretty chill to me.

Idk if you've seen Nena but she released a statement on her community YT page since they had worked together before, apparently he was caught messaging a lot of minors and is said to have taken advantage of at least 1. when confronted, he tried putting the blame on the 13 year old. 

I searched his channel but it seems he just deleted the whole thing, the only thing that comes up now are allegations 

that's so sad tbh… :rip: I always watch his streams but I don't feel comfortable watching them now… oh god :rip: poor kids…

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Starchild said:

Y'all have any of you heard of taylorswift hockeybro on YT? Apparently he was chatting with 13 year old girls, Ive only seen 1 video of him but wow hearing about it was crazy 

Yeah I used to watch his streams cause I thought he picked higher quality video than tessdear :gaycat6:

Not anymore :gaycat6:

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Dear Reader said:

the dramatics only because someone said eminem's album is frontloaded and swifties are the sensitive ones :rip:

And the way they'd have had no idea either if not for their literal google notifications that go off in their email address every time someone on ATRL mentions 3m1n3m :deadbanana4:

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Yuanyu said:

Taylor's album dropped 83% from the first to the second week, we'll see if he manages to beat that figure

Not the same thing at all, Taylor debuted with over 2.5M first week, Eminem is nowhere near those numbers :toofunny3:

3 hours ago, Yuanyu said:

By the way, we'll see what Taylor sells at 51 years old

Taylor will be 51 in 15 years.

15 years ago, Taylor was in the Red era, 7 years into her career and on her fourth succesful album.

TTPD debuted with 2.6 million units. Eminem just debuted with 300k units.

This means Taylor would have fall to a ninth of her current success in the next 15 years. I kinda don't see that happening.:celestial5:

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Yuanyu said:

And?
Does that mean that the album was not EXTREMELY frontloaded? I don't think so

It blows my mind that you guys are bothered by someone like eminem who I don't think would bother to announce any promotional action for his second week on the charts

By the way, we'll see what Taylor sells at 51 years old

Are you really THAT triggered that Eminem received some "criticism" that you just had to be adversarial for no real reason? :toofunny3:

Taylor is almost 20 years into her career and she's bigger than ever, the same can't be said of Eminem when he was 20 years into his career. And she doesn't even have the straight bros on her side the way Eminem does. Why are you so certain that Taylor won't reach similar numbers as Eminem does right now once she's 51?  :toofunny3:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Starchild said:

you think she's just going to magically disappear in 10 years?

The way some people talk about Taylor's current success is REALLY weird, you'd think she was some new artist who started in 2022 and was in danger of flopping at any moment once she gets 1-2 big eras. Why the HELL would people think Taylor is going anywhere after being consistently successful for almost 20 years? :toofunny3:

I know a lot of it is wishful thinking but it's still just... weird. The double standards that exists between her and other artists really need to be studied :toofunny3:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Starchild said:

Y'all have any of you heard of taylorswift hockeybro on YT? Apparently he was chatting with 13 year old girls, Ive only seen 1 video of him but wow hearing about it was crazy 

WTF? Yikes, that's disgusting :sick:

I didn't even know that guy was straight :toofunny3:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Starchild said:

It's a Taylor swift album thread :rip: we should be able to joke how we want 

it's not the base actually :suburban:. Everyone should comment here 

2 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

You must not be very familiar with this fandom if you think the album thread doesn't become the base thread for the entire time it is open. :suburban:

• Haha 5

Years ago same thing happened in italy in the arianators fanbase with a man also around 25 got an entire youtube channel dedicated to Ariana too.

Of course i don't want to say a straight man can't like taylor or ariana but when they show to be like very very very obsessed like the average gay-lesbian or girl-woman mhh...girls be a little bit careful :chick1:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Klein said:

You must not be very familiar with this fandom if you think the album thread doesn't become the base thread for the entire time it is open. :suburban:

well the forum rules are the forum rules, not the rules we decided :suburban:

anyways you all went too hard to someone wasn't that offensive and just said TTPD (as predictable) had a big drop too. With eminem album called a flop when it's doing very good so i can understand the reaction. Don't act like we're not very sentitive too :ryan3:

Edited by vale9001

9 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

and everyone is allowed to respond to what's commented here, hope this helps :ryan3:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

well the forum rules are the forum rules, not the rules we decided :suburban:

anyways you all went too hard to someone wasn't that offensive and just said TTPD (as predictable) had a big drop too. With eminem album called a flop when it's doing very good so i can understand the reaction. Don't act like we're not very sentitive too :ryan3:

nnn idk if you remember when a few of the mods tried to enforce some topic rules on us in this thread (because we were using it as a base lol) and we got them to back down, so in a very real sense we did decide the rules in here :suburban:

• Haha 6

23 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

Years ago same thing happened in italy in the arianators fanbase with a man also around 25 got an entire youtube channel dedicated to Ariana too.

Of course i don't want to say a straight man can't like taylor or ariana but when they show to be like very very very obsessed like the average gay-lesbian or girl-woman mhh...girls be a little bit careful :chick1:

you're right and you should say it,

it's sadly happened alot with straight male "stans" (obviously not everyone, I'm talking about the guys that are almost 30 talking to 13 year olds)

They use they're socials or YT to get to the young girl fanbase, like The hockey guy waited to build a following that would trust him then took advantage of them, and it's scary to think how many people like that are out there

Ot: moms spaghetti 

Edited by Starchild

1 hour ago, Klein said:

I mean there's a reason why the official Taylor Base is so dead despite our girl being the #1 pop star in the world :suburban:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Enrique523 said:

I mean there's a reason why the official Taylor Base is so dead despite our girl being the #1 pop star in the world :suburban:

And why the Midnights thread, the 1989TV thread, and this thread are like the three biggest album threads post-wipe on this website, by a long shot :deadbanana2:

Aside from Lana's Tunnel, the next biggest album thread (CC) is like 1/4 the size of this one :deadbanana2:

In case y'all ever need a livestream, I watch this one 

2 hours ago, Dear Reader said:

that's so sad tbh… :rip: I always watch his streams but I don't feel comfortable watching them now… oh god :rip: poor kids…

2 hours ago, wastedpotential said:

Yeah I used to watch his streams cause I thought he picked higher quality video than tessdear :gaycat6:

Not anymore :gaycat6:

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, wastedpotential said:

And why the Midnights thread, the 1989TV thread, and this thread are like the three biggest album threads post-wipe on this website, by a long shot :deadbanana2:

Aside from Lana's Tunnel, the next biggest album thread (CC) is like 1/4 the size of this one :deadbanana2:

Yeah i also noticed that. Our album threads are so long, it's kind of ridiculous :ahh:

• Haha 1

Well, the track lists are long too.

:ryan3:

• Haha 3

Like fav, like stan. It's only fair we occupy the top 3 spots of most popular threads :ryan3:

• Haha 5

in two years taylor swift would have been successful for 20 years straight. From 2006 to 2026. She will be in the company of legends like Michael Jackson and Madonna. Two decades of success is astonishing.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, kayliah said:

in two years taylor swift would have been successful for 20 years straight. From 2006 to 2026. She will be in the company of legends like Michael Jackson and Madonna. Two decades of success is astonishing.

And at this point her level of success/popularity/impact this decade alone (4 years) rival the previous 14 years. :deadbanana4:

• Like 3

Reminder that you all look like Taylor Swift in this light :heart:

• Like 5

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.