Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

7 minutes ago, Dear Reader said:

If you had any nuance in you, you'd understand that it's very difficult to not "look like" you're frontloaded when you're selling 2.61M copies in the first week :rip:

When the decrease is +80%, the album is frontloaded, this happens mostly with all artists who have large fandoms lol

You are the ones who are making it look like it is a bad thing.

• Thumbs Down 9

• Replies 53.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

14 minutes ago, Yuanyu said:

And?
Does that mean that the album was not EXTREMELY frontloaded? I don't think so

It blows my mind that you guys are bothered by someone like eminem who I don't think would bother to announce any promotional action for his second week on the charts

By the way, we'll see what Taylor sells at 51 years old

So your definition of "Frontload" is just the drop between week 1 and 2? Jesus :rip:

Eminem's last album spend only 5 weeks in the top 10, and Taylor's last album has 68 weeks, is this easier for you to understand?

Edited by HappierJealousy
  • Like 9

7 hours ago, Holiest Dreams said:

Epiphany is one of my favorite songs she's ever done but it seems everyone hates it :rip: 

Hey, then again, I also love INTHAF. Seems like I love most of the unpopular songs on her albums. Labyrinth, happiness, it's time to go, peace, So It Goes, ICFHNRIC, Robin, The Manuscript, etc… :bam:

Taste! :clap3:

10 minutes ago, Yuanyu said:

And?

It blows my mind that you guys are bothered by someone like eminem who I don't think would bother to announce any promotional action for his second week on the charts

Nobody's bothered? , why do all the pop girls get dragged through the mud here and the fans are supposed to just laugh about it but when it's a man it's some big deal, as if he gaf about what people have to say about him, that's not his personality so I don't think he needs you defending him on a Taylor swift album thread.

Also no it wasn't front loaded, the percentage you're using makes no sense when she sold like 4x what he did first week and being the longest #1 album by a female isn't frontloaded either especially when she's already 20 years in, you think she's just going to magically disappear in 10 years?

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, Yuanyu said:

Taylor's album dropped 83% from the first to the second week, we'll see if he manages to beat that figure

The google alert nnn :gaycat4:

Regardless, TTPD may have had a pretty sharp drop, but considering where it started and where it was in its second week, and where it is now, that front loaded-ness seemingly hasn't been an issue. It's not as if we can expect Eminem to do 12 weeks over 100k. 

• Haha 4

15 minutes ago, Yuanyu said:

Not this point again :deadbanana4:

Sister, we had this conversation last week. Taylor will decline in stature and success between now and 2040, but given that she has already surpassed Eminem's entire career with a decade less (that missing decade for Taylor being the peak of music sales, too…), there's no reason to think she won't healthily extend her lead over the next 16 years. I have zero clue what the market will look like in 2040, but I have a strong suspicion Taylor's debuts will be proportionately stronger than 300k is today. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, HappierJealousy said:

So your definition of "Frontload" is just the drop between week 1 and 2? Jesus :rip:

Eminem's last album spend only 5 weeks in the top 10, and Taylor's last album has 68 weeks, is this easy to understand?

it really blows my mind to think that you are comparing a 50 year old Eminem with Taylor Swift's commercial peak

I always thought you guys were a funny fandom, now I think you're hilarious.

2 minutes ago, Starchild said:

Taste! :clap3:

Nobody's bothered? , why do all the pop girls get dragged through the mud here and the fans are supposed to just laugh about it but when it's a man it's some big deal, as if he gaf about what people have to say about him, that's not his personality so I don't think he needs you defending him on a Taylor swift album thread.

Also no it wasn't front loaded, the percentage you're using makes no sense when she sold like 4x what he did first week and being the longest #1 album by a female isn't frontloaded either especially when she's already 20 years in, you think she's just going to magically disappear in 10 years?

the percentage you're using makes no sense when she sold like 4x what he did first week - ???

1st week - 2.6M

2nd to 12 week - 2.3M

I repeat, I find it hilarious that you are bothered by a 51 year old guy who doesn't give a damn about sales, especially when she has shown that she is not going to do anything against him

• Thumbs Down 4

1 minute ago, Yuanyu said:

it really blows my mind to think that you are comparing a 50 year old Eminem with Taylor Swift's commercial peak

the percentage you're using makes no sense when she sold like 4x what he did first week - ???

1st week - 2.6M

2nd to 12 week - 2.3M

I repeat, I find it hilarious that you are bothered by a 51 year old guy who doesn't give a damn about sales, especially when she has shown that she is not going to do anything against him

Nobody is bothered here. Someone mentioned that Eminem's album didn't look like it would be able to block Taylor in future weeks because it is frontloaded, and you are the one that came in here actually acting bothered that someone dared to say his album isn't looking like it'll hold up very high. A mirror is needed. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

Black Dog kinda hitting with that melodyline.. except for the literal screams...

ovNCIxA.jpeg

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Yuanyu said:

1st week - 2.6M

2nd to 12 week - 2.3M

Listen, nobody here cares about 50 years old's Eminem new album's commercial performance :rip: literally no one cares. It can bomb or smash and we're NOT interested in that. We're just talking about the possibility of Taylor return to top 2 next week, and based on what happened with his last album we assume this is something possible. You're the one who break into a Taylor Swift album thread calling an album with 12 weeks #1  "frontload" and try to cause a fight. I mean if you're really boring just find something funny to do in real life. Hope this help 

Edited by HappierJealousy
  • Like 8

That member still appearing in Taylor threads whenever their fave is mentioned :gaycat4: I just know all the obsessed taylor haters on here are constantly checking on guest mode for any chance to pounce. They all did it to the taylor base so they're probably doing it here too :gaycat3:.

Anyway, when is she gonna putnl these on streaming? I'm obsessed with them 

I can't wait for all the other acoustic versions. 31 tracks, 31 acoustic variants, 31 live variants let's go:gaycat:

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Cleanromantic said:

That member still appearing in Taylor threads whenever their fave is mentioned :gaycat4: I just know all the obsessed taylor haters on here are constantly checking on guest mode for any chance to pounce. They all did it to the taylor base so they're probably doing it here too :gaycat3:.

Anyway, when is she gonna putnl these on streaming? I'm obsessed with them 

I can't wait for all the other acoustic versions. 31 tracks, 31 acoustic variants, 31 live variants let's go:gaycat:

Oh I hadn't listened to the FOTS one and it's so good. I need this one + Guilty As Sin on streaming yesterday :jonny:

• Like 1

imgonnagetyouback still has that chokehold on me :jonny6:

Also, why don't I see more love for The Albatross? Deserves to have 1B streams like right now!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mr. Duff said:

Also, why don't I see more love for The Albatross? Deserves to have 1B streams like right now!

When you hear

"Lilac short skirt

The one that fits me like skin"

skin goosebumps GIF

• Like 1

And I still can't believe it

ovNCIxA.jpeg

27 minutes ago, HappierJealousy said:

Listen, nobody here cares about 50 years old's Eminem new album's commercial performance :rip: literally no one cares. It can bomb or smash and we're NOT interested in that. We're just talking about the possibility of Taylor return to top 2 next week, and based on what happened with his last album we assume this is something possible. You're the one who break into a Taylor Swift album thread calling an album with 12 weeks #1  "frontload" and try to cause a fight. I mean if you're really boring just find something funny to do in real life. Hope this help 

Nobody gives one **** about that lil ***** white rapper. Why are you even responding to the troll?

The second verse of Imgonnagetyouback when the guitar hits :jonnycat: 

I'm an Aston Martin

That you steered straight into the ditch

Then ran and hid

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Mr. Duff said:

Oh Jack did his little thing on Fresh Out The Slammer and imgonnagetyouback :clap3:

• Like 2

Long-----

*SKIPS*

ovNCIxA.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, Yuanyu said:

And?

eminem debut is really great. And the album is not frontloaded like people are saying here. With these numbers could stay in the top 10 for a long time which is not bad for someone at his age. 

TTPD first week of course was very frontloaded. The album in general is not. As I said i think eminem album should have decent legs, better than his last albums probably. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Klein said:

Nobody is bothered here. Someone mentioned that Eminem's album didn't look like it would be able to block Taylor in future weeks because it is frontloaded, and you are the one that came in here actually acting bothered that someone dared to say his album isn't looking like it'll hold up very high. A mirror is needed. 

well actually that user responded to someone calling Eminem album a flop while it's gonna have one of the best debut of the year. It wasn't a neutral "I think eminem next week could sell already less..." 

Edited by vale9001

31 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

well actually that user responded to someone calling Eminem album a flop while it's gonna have one of the best debut of the year. It wasn't a neutral "I think eminem next week could sell already less..." 

It's a Taylor swift album thread :rip: we should be able to joke how we want 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

The original user said his album was frontloaded, not a flop. And if according to the Eminem's fan TTPD is frontloaded despite spending 12 weeks at #1, then original user was right in their statement. 

• Like 2

Y'all have any of you heard of taylorswift hockeybro on YT? Apparently he was chatting with 13 year old girls, Ive only seen 1 video of him but wow hearing about it was crazy 

the dramatics only because someone said eminem's album is frontloaded and swifties are the sensitive ones :rip:

• Haha 5

Just now, Starchild said:

Y'all have any of you heard of taylorswift hockeybro on YT? Apparently he was chatting with 13 year old girls, Ive only seen 1 video of him but wow hearing about it was crazy 

omg :rip: i don't know what to say :rip:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.