Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

11 minutes ago, Kyle-x said:

I kinda wish she'd get debut TV out before the remaining US dates because I fear she'll never perform the new vault tracks live otherwise ddd

Lol the way the last two Toronto shows and all the Vancouver shows are just gonna be 5 straight shows of 2 TSTV Vault Tracks each :ryan3:

• Haha 1

• Replies 53.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

Just now, wastedpotential said:

Lol the way the last two Toronto shows and all the Vancouver shows are just gonna be 5 straight shows of 2 TSTV Vault Tracks each :ryan3:

Toronto GIVE IT UP FOR PERMANENT MARKER!! :ryan3:

• Haha 2

The official "How Did It End?" performance we just got is so amazing, the vocals :'( I want something like this for The Smallest Man Who Ever Lived, that bridge needs to be heard fully.

I need the Down Bad x Fortnight mashup because it's so good :jonny5:

• Like 1

I really don't get people doubting ICDIWABH as a single. 

Sure, I think Down Bad is a much better song and, before knowing anything about performance, is probably what I would've picked as the LEAD single. However, we can see how the songs are performing. Not only is ICDIWABH outstreaming everything else (despite its late track list placement), it's doing so by a wide margin. It was obviously going to be the 2nd single. Republic isn't going to ignore that. 

Edited by DevilsRollTheDice
  • Like 10

Hopefully Italian announcement or premiere tonight :jonny5: 

2 hours ago, DevilsRollTheDice said:

Sure, I think Down Bad is a much better song and, before knowing anything about performance, is probably what I would've picked as the LEAD single. However, we can see how the songs are performing. Not only is ICDIWABH outstreaming everything else (despite its late track list placement), it's doing so by a wide margin. It was obviously going to be the 2nd single. Republic isn't going to ignore that. 

You would've picked Down Bad as LEAD? :deadbanana4:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Popboi. said:

Yeah, i ADORE Down Bad but it's not lead single material at all :rip:

i'm just hoping there will be a 3rd single

• Like 1

I would have picked favorite toys as the lead truth be told. It has instant replay value. But I would have picked fortnight as a second single cuz of that magnetic and captivating synth then probably down bad then close the era with so long london and push high school as a radio promo single with no video..

Edited by kayliah

44 minutes ago, Popboi. said:

Down Bad is extremely catchy with great viral potential and a very obvious high budget video concept. It's also doing better than My Boy on streaming despite being later in the tracklist so it's clearly connecting. Not sure what's not to like.

• Like 1

I still think Fortnight was the perfect lead single choice. No, it may not have been the most successful choice, but I can't picture any other song being the lead. The thing is, she should've had another video ready to go for Down Bad, MBOBHFT, or GAS? to release and push one of those songs shortly after Fortnight started stalling. 

And then she could've still waited until now to push ICDIWABH… kinda weird they didn't decide the second single for three months since it's not like Fortnight was dominating radio.

This is LEGIT the best version of Fortnight I've ever heard. Taylor needs to hire this guy as her next producer!

@Taylor fanboy

• Confused 1

Fortnight was the right choice for lead, bold, but she said it best that it ties the whole album together and the video is the embodiement of the album as she visualized it as a whole piece. For second ICDIWABH is the obvious choice as a song like Fortnight can only go so far, with Guilty As Sin? as the best song and Down Bad as the GP friendly as choices to slot for third.

• Like 1

Eras live streams have made me appreciate her vocals on Down Bad so much because whenever I hear anyone in the crowd singing along... find the note... find the note... like on the surface it really doesn't appear like a vocally challenging song but it does really require skill to not sound tuneless sdjalkj

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Worships currently taking place once again :jonny5:

• Thanks 1

The production on many of the songs is actually so insane :deadbanana2:but FOTS in particular... this **** is in different areas

• Like 9

2 hours ago, kayliah said:

I would have picked favorite toys as the lead truth be told. It has instant replay value. But I would have picked fortnight as a second single cuz of that magnetic and captivating synth then probably down bad then close the era with so long london and push high school as a radio promo single with no video..

the TASTE :clap3:

• Thanks 1

On a slightly more bitter note I can't wait for the usual suspects to celebrate noted shock rapper Marshall ******* Mathers ending Taylor's streak at #1 because Taylor isn't a girl's girl or something I guess 

:coffee2:

6 hours ago, DevilsRollTheDice said:

With how big Broken Heart was already on TikTok, streams and even radio out in LA a few months ago, this summer will already be reminding me of this song. I'm glad it is a single! This one will probably get radio payola and im okay it considering its already done so well on streaming. 

currently broken heart/down bad/who's afraid are tied as her longest charting pure album tracks at 11 weeks

some others:

gas 10

snow on the beach, midnight rain, now that we don't talk 8

the 1 6 

exile 5

(out of the woods 10

new romantics, the man 8

i can see you 7

christmas tree farm 5)

Songs at 10+ weeks:

TS 5

Fearless 5

SN 6

Red 6

1989 6

Rep 4

Lover 4

Folklore 1

Evermore 1

Midnights 3

Poets 5

Kinda funny that Poets has her most since 1989, and after only one single cycle so far.

• Like 1

Just got back from Milan N1. 

Life has been changed methinks. 

Most importantly I am SO happy I didn't spoil myself any of the TTPD set because that thing was incredible, everything from choreography to stage design (although I do wonder where that cap of the top hat photography fit into all of it)

Truly an insane show

• Like 11

3 hours ago, AndThenTheCocaine said:

On a slightly more bitter note I can't wait for the usual suspects to celebrate noted shock rapper Marshall ******* Mathers ending Taylor's streak at #1 because Taylor isn't a girl's girl or something I guess 

:coffee2:

Don't worry we're busy all week with Katy 

:ducky: 

Ot, I noticed posts here still talking about a "more GP friendly sound for the next one"  like how is an 11 week #1 not appealing to the GP:rip:

• Like 2

"Fortnight" was the right lead. It feels meaty. I don't know how else to explain it, it just has that thick sound and thematically it makes a lot of sense as the first single, laying out the doomed romance and heartache. Plus the Post feature.

• Like 11

I know she's busy touring but we deserve at LEAST one more music video from this masterpiece. It's begging to be a visual album.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.