Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

I really think she wants to get rep TV (and Debut? idk) out this year and then do TS12 in 2025. I don't think she is stopping yet or taking a break tbh. I mean, I won't be mad if she does, and she's given us so much that it's kind of absurd to demand or expect anything. So I don't say this as some sort of expectation, I just have a hunch and don't see her waiting for the next album past maybe Q4 2025, although there's no issue if she does. But her relationship with Travis seems to be loving at lightening pace and I'm sure she will 1. have tons to write about, and 2. want to move on from this depressing album cycle into something happy and fun to match her current life situation.

With that said, I was way past the point of expecting another single. Really surprised they're pushing one now, but obviously not upset. I thought she made it pretty clear how much she had moved on from this chapter in her life when the album dropped, but with how huge the album is it's understandable that they want to push it. 

Edited by Holiest Dreams
  • Like 5

• Replies 53.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

1 more page until this surpasses the Midnights thread :jonnycat:

• Like 1

So... is there a chance that TTPD is blocking Eminem?

1 hour ago, Holiest Dreams said:

want to move on from this depressing album cycle into something happy and fun to match her current life situation.

i mean, in the last 10 weeks she's done barely anything to promote the album outside of variants

i thinks she can handle her most recent album being not happy and fun even if she's happy and fun now.

33 minutes ago, BtDecember said:

No shot. 

He is doing at minimum 300k. She hasn't moved yet. The only way she'd have nay chance is if she releases physical copies of the Anthology and ships them this week too. 

25 minutes ago, BtDecember said:

0 chance unless she has some crazy stunts up her sleeve. The next few weeks seem pretty competitive.

July 12 - Eminem (last album 279,000 first week)

July 19 - Stray Kids (224,000) / Jimin (164,000)

July 26 - Ice Spice (not really a threat but she might not want to pull stunts the week of her friend's album... wonder how close Morgan will be to TTPD's units by then)

August 2 - Khalid (202,000)

August 9 - dead week

August 16 - Post Malone (113,000 and a friend)

August 23 - Sabrina Carpenter (friend)

August 30 - ASAP Rocky (75,000)

1 hour ago, Kyle-x said:

1 more page until this surpasses the Midnights thread :jonnycat:

nnnn the way I've watched every lull in conversation with baited breath because I wasn't sure if we would ever get here :deadbanana4:

Anyway #TheTTPDThreadIsTheLongestInTheMusicSectionOfATRLParty :jonny5:

The way I'm literally responsible for over 2% of all posts in this thread oh I need to get a second job because I clearly have way too much ******* free time

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Holiest Dreams said:

I really think she wants to get rep TV (and Debut? idk) out this year and then do TS12 in 2025. I don't think she is stopping yet or taking a break tbh. I mean, I won't be mad if she does, and she's given us so much that it's kind of absurd to demand or expect anything. So I don't say this as some sort of expectation, I just have a hunch and don't see her waiting for the next album past maybe Q4 2025, although there's no issue if she does. But her relationship with Travis seems to be loving at lightening pace and I'm sure she will 1. have tons to write about, and 2. want to move on from this depressing album cycle into something happy and fun to match her current life situation.

With that said, I was way past the point of expecting another single. Really surprised they're pushing one now, but obviously not upset. I thought she made it pretty clear how much she had moved on from this chapter in her life when the album dropped, but with how huge the album is it's understandable that they want to push it. 

Yeah, my head is exactly here. I'm a bit... less than thrilled about the single choice but I have faith that any potential damage ICDIWABH and it's presumably astronomical listener burn rate will do to her pop radio standing (especially right after #4tnight) will be rectified by her next smash. I've really come to terms with the fact that Taylor mega-hits come in groups of 2, and there have to be at least a few cooldown years in between, and thus I'm expecting her next gigantic hits to come in 2026 (perhaps the second single from TS12 and then the lead from TS13 if we get lucky or the Cruel Summerification of Getaway Car lol)

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

Yeah, my head is exactly here. I'm a bit... less than thrilled about the single choice but I have faith that any potential damage ICDIWABH and it's presumably astronomical listener burn rate will do to her pop radio standing (especially right after #4tnight) will be rectified by her next smash. I've really come to terms with the fact that Taylor mega-hits come in groups of 2, and there have to be at least a few cooldown years in between, and thus I'm expecting her next gigantic hits to come in 2026 (perhaps the second single from TS12 and then the lead from TS13 if we get lucky or the Cruel Summerification of Getaway Car lol)

Why do you think i can do it with a broken hard would hurt her pop radio standing? The world is clearly here for the song.

• Like 2

Flesh and blood among bore machines

I love her songs about fame so much. She makes them so relatable. :WAP:

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, AbeHicks said:

Why do you think i can do it with a broken hard would hurt her pop radio standing? The world is clearly here for the song.

The radio call outs for the song was MID. Down Bad was the most well received.

1 hour ago, fridayteenage said:

i mean, in the last 10 weeks she's done barely anything to promote the album outside of variants

i thinks she can handle her most recent album being not happy and fun even if she's happy and fun now.

Of course. She's obviously very proud of TTPD and was already in a happy place when it dropped. It's just that she is going to have a lot to write about and I suspect she'll want to have something out next year to reflect her mindset then. So High School and The Alchemy also show us that she's already working her more current life events into her music.

And thinking logically, she definitely knows she's still in her imperial phase with no guarantees of when it'll end, that's how things work. She will probably slow down when her commercial pull starts to as well.

the last callout chart with all 3 on it was:

24 Fortnight

25  Down Bad

27  I Can Do It With a Broken Heart

doesn't look like the sampled audience was gagging for any of the songs

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

48 minutes ago, Taylor fanboy said:

Flesh and blood among bore machines

I love her songs about fame so much. She makes them so relatable. :WAP:

Whew only the megaminds can grasp it

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Lille said:

We will ABSOLUTELY be getting a Mamma Mia! type jukebox musical within a decade or two, when she can devote more time to it. I would bet money on it, it's such an easy slam-dunk.

The problem with a jukebox musical is that it'll use her biggest hits that are not really fit for Broadway... I can see them having WANEGBT, 22, Shake It Off, Bad Blood... her most theatrical songs are album cuts (and mostly from the albums were she indulges in songwriting like Speak Now and Ttpd).

I want a musical of original music. Another thing that'll be great in a Broadway show is her narrative songwriting. I think she proved she can do it with Beautiful Ghosts.

In an alternate universe this was a deluxe track on Speak Now and given a music video instead of Ours

• Like 2

When it's all ROSES

Portrait POSES

Central Park Lake in tiny rowboats 

What a charming saturday :heart:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Kyle-x said:

0 chance unless she has some crazy stunts up her sleeve. The next few weeks seem pretty competitive.

July 12 - Eminem (last album 279,000 first week)

July 19 - Stray Kids (224,000) / Jimin (164,000)

July 26 - Ice Spice (not really a threat but she might not want to pull stunts the week of her friend's album... wonder how close Morgan will be to TTPD's units by then)

August 2 - Khalid (202,000)

August 9 - dead week

August 16 - Post Malone (113,000 and a friend)

August 23 - Sabrina Carpenter (friend)

August 30 - ASAP Rocky (75,000)

Eminem will prevail

stray kids too

ice spice and Khlaid she doesn't even need to try i guess. Khalid probably coming for not more than 75K.

47 minutes ago, Kyle-x said:

In an alternate universe this was a deluxe track on Speak Now and given a music video instead of Ours

Any Sour shade is golden in my books. :WAP:

Although I find The Bolter Debut's child.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Taylor fanboy said:

Any Sour shade is golden in my books. :WAP:

Although I find The Bolter Debut's child.

I fear The Bolter is a bit too self aware to be a debut daughter in my eyes ddd but this would EAT with a Red era fashion music video aesthetic actually :jonny5: I know you have all those dusty vintage 50s housewife clothes in storage Taylor BRING THEM OUT!!!

• Like 4

Just now, Kyle-x said:

I fear The Bolter is a bit too self aware to be a debut daughter in my eyes ddd but this would EAT with a Red era fashion music video aesthetic actually :jonny5: I know you have all those dusty vintage 50s housewife clothes in storage Taylor BRING THEM OUT!!!

Your mind. :WAP:

The story could start as a young Taylor in the 40s. :WAP:

• Like 4

The Prophecy is so Sufjan coded, from the instruments to the way she sings. We're due for a collab between them :heart:

• Like 2

TTPD on Global Spotify (v.s. last friday)

Fortnight
7/5 - 3,260,004
7/12 - 3,372,143 (+3.43%)

I Can Do It With a Broken Heart
7/5 - 2,026,047
7/12 - 2,160,125 (+6.62%)

Down Bad
7/5 - 1,270,514
7/12 - 1,335,959 (+5.15%)

Guilty as Sin?
7/5 - 1,268,138
7/12 - 1,371,153 (+8.12%)

Emoji Laughing GIF by MOODMAN

• Like 6

50 minutes ago, PerfectSacrifice said:

TTPD on Global Spotify (v.s. last friday)

Fortnight
7/5 - 3,260,004
7/12 - 3,372,143 (+3.43%)

I Can Do It With a Broken Heart
7/5 - 2,026,047
7/12 - 2,160,125 (+6.62%)

Down Bad
7/5 - 1,270,514
7/12 - 1,335,959 (+5.15%)

Guilty as Sin?
7/5 - 1,268,138
7/12 - 1,371,153 (+8.12%)

Emoji Laughing GIF by MOODMAN

yeah last week was rough because of 4th of july weekend

the shelf life of those fantasies has expired

This line just completely destroyed me.

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.