Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

3 hours ago, Lemon said:

loml is legendary indeed. Feels like track 5 through and through. Moreover, it shares theme with So Long, London regarding emotional and otherwise departure. :heart:

loml is very much track 5 material for sure.

• Like 1

• Replies 52k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

should have saved these for next week tbh (not that she has a chance against Eminem unless she has Anthology ready or a TON of signed copies).

1 hour ago, Kyle-x said:

The new variant drought was the very worst :jonny: @Cruel Summer we used to pray for times like this :ryan3:

That "Add All to Cart" button just got SLAMMED :WAP:

• Like 2

Guilty as Sin (fast guitar version).  Jesus, girl.  Slow your roll.

Okay but we need these on streaming 

guys are we staying up till midnight to see if she will release the Anthology to block Eminem? Can we make it a bit of an event? Only 3 hours left :duca: 

Can She save all the GaS? Remixes and versions for when She makes it as a single later? We need all the sales and streams for the number 1 on the hot 100!

:suburban:

On another note I love being bombarded with personal insults everytime She releases a new variant. The resilience we have as Swifties. :heart2:

Edited by mael
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Dear Reader said:

And it's the fact that you can toss up between Side A and Side B one week or another and they sound fresh every single time :jonny4:

The album just gets better and better with each listen, it's amazing. It's easily her best, and while I adore Red, folklore/evermore, etc. this one is just her most diverse, ambitious, personal body of work overall.

• Like 2

(I was banned so excuse my late ass rant grls, I think this was like 5 pages back:gaycat7:)

I'm TIRED of the SLL erasure! Aaron put his whole aaronussy into it and did something so cool and different with that song and as much as people like to for some reason disregard how torn she was about Joe, those lyrics HIT! The whole thing being a goodbye letter to him after all the songs she had written about him from rep-midnights but replacing Joe with London :jonnycat: 

The way that breakup was the catalyst for Matty and her whole breakdown since he talked about proposing right away when Joe never could and even already started ignoring her, how can this not be track 5? Ugh it's just so heartbreaking, especially living through a similar 6 year relationship,

I love it so much :WAP: 

• Like 6

15 minutes until The Anthology CDs and vinyls!!!!!!! :jonny5:(fingers crossed)

:suburban:

• Haha 3

She's not fighting this week, maybe in 2 when she has a chance :suburban:

She has no chance this week. The next two weeks she can try with Anthology physical.  

Just now, piotrert said:

The fact Dua team can put flop singles on top for higher and longer than hers :skull: 

1 hour ago, MardinBeksloy said:

The fact Dua team can put flop singles on top for higher and longer than hers :skull: 

This is what I never understood!

she's the biggest artist in the world, why wouldn't she be able to be given playlisting by the label?

All they know how to do is release remixes that would amount to the same streaming units as just pushing it up the playlist 

11 minutes ago, Starchild said:

This is what I never understood!

she's the biggest artist in the world, why wouldn't she be able to be given playlisting by the label?

All they know how to do is release remixes that would amount to the same streaming units as just pushing it up the playlist 

I guess it's because of her owning the masters/contract agreements with Republic, so they could be less invested to payola her music since they are not getting the big cuts. 

• Thanks 2

she needs to write a Broadway musical like now :jonnycat:

Her songs are already super theatrical and the eras tour is basically a Broadway show masquerading as a pop show, especially the ttpd set. 

The drama a boadway voice would add to her lyrics and melodies:jonnycat:.

• Like 7

How did it end is heart-shatteringly good :chick3:

• Like 9

Track 5s aren't about being "sad" or having sad piano notes. They're about vulnerability. Delicate (a bop), The Archer, both are track 5s and rightfully so. So Long London is the epitome of specific, personal vulnerability. loml is pretty vague in comparison. 

Edited by Mandalore
  • Like 3

How Did It End? live might be the best thing I've ever heard, I don't know about you :chick3:

• Like 6

So Long London works as the track five :michael:. It's emblematic of one of the main themes of the album, youth and years waisted over a relationship that amounted to nothing and how that started her spiraling out of control. 

• Like 2

I Hate it Here has the folklore magic in it. Love this song so so much.

I relate to it living in dumpy west coast big cities :( 

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.