• Replies 52k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

I really do like the Fortnight acoustic and I'm glad it's on streaming now. I think stripping out the drone production (which I do really like, fwiw) allows the vocal melodies and hooks to really shine through. Fortnight was never going to be a mega smash like Cruel Summer or Anti-Hero, but I hope those of y'all who took issue with it as the single can begin to understand where the choice came from. 

Now, that cults remix... I'd probably like it more if they didn't pitch her vocals and speed the song up by .25, but they put the vocals way back in the mix and put the ******* xylophone line over top :deadbanana4:

11 hours ago, Taylor fanboy said:

We were robbed of Tour Visuals.

Oh now don't get me started on this :suburban:

If I sat at the conference table at 13 Dinosaurs during the rollout planning meeting, this would've been the lead :gaycat4:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

but I hope those of y'all who took issue with it as the single can begin to understand where the choice came from. 

No. :heart:

957892978_ATRLAvi.thumb.gif.770e6f0e4a30

3 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

Oh now don't get me started on this :suburban:

If I sat at the conference table at 13 Dinosaurs during the rollout planning meeting, this would've been the lead :gaycat4:

And YES! My Boy would have been a great lead single with that ear-worm chorus. Even better would have been GAS because if you think about it, that's kind of the starting point for everything that happened later... the Joe boredom and Ratty intense fling. So what better way to start the album campaign than with the beginning of that story as the lead? 

• Haha 2

I cant i wont suppot broken heart cuz that song is like stay stay stay with slightly better lyrics and production.  I'll stream so long,down bad, my boy,slammer, guilty as sin and some of the anthology tracks. There I said it. why this has 300 million streams i will never understand.

• Confused 1

Just now, kayliah said:

I cant i wont suppot broken heart cuz that song is like stay stay stay with slightly better lyrics and production.  I'll stream so long,down bad, my boy,slammer, guilty as sin and some of the anthology tracks. There I said it. why this has 300 million streams i will never understand.

Now, not liking Broken Heart is perfectly fine, but comparing it to Stay Stay Stay? Let's not. :giraffe:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Klein said:

No. :heart:

957892978_ATRLAvi.thumb.gif.770e6f0e4a30

And YES! My Boy would have been a great lead single with that ear-worm chorus. Even better would have been GAS because if you think about it, that's kind of the starting point for everything that happened later... the Joe boredom and Ratty intense fling. So what better way to start the album campaign than with the beginning of that story as the lead? 

I didn't want to @ you but I'm glad you knew who I was talking to :gaycat4:

1uIK9Zv.thumb.gif.682ff0b6787a373b217bd8fe8dd30886.gif

And I mean GaS would've also been a great pick (and as a song I prefer it significantly), but there's just something so streamlined about the melody in the My Boy hook (and if I had any say, that would be the entire title :gaycat4:) that it just screams lead single to me. Might not have been another Anti-Hero but it'd have been special, and there's a literal doll themed video concept built in...

Imagine what it would've been like on tour :gaycat6:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, kayliah said:

To my eyes, it's a mix of the better qualities of Gorgeous and Bejeweled (but I don't love either of those songs, so...), but Satan Satan Satan is a bit of a harsh comparison :gaycat6:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Imagine what it would've been like on tour :gaycat6:

Honestly replacing Fortnight with My Boy on tour would be the most perfect case scenario (even though I like the Fortnight performance). The only potential problem is that the "puppet" scenery would have been redundant with the Broken Heart intro. 

• Like 1

Are we ready to admit IGGYB is top 2 on anthology or? 

25 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

To my eyes, it's a mix of the better qualities of Gorgeous and Bejeweled (but I don't love either of those songs, so...), but Satan Satan Satan is a bit of a harsh comparison :gaycat6:

:clap3:Gorgeous is more akin to to broken heart but bejeweled is a banger should have succeeded anti hero tbh then YOYOK and Midnight rain ...

17 minutes ago, Twilish said:

Are we ready to admit IGGYB is top 2 on anthology or? 

mmmm I don't know about that one:ryan3:

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, wastedpotential said:

mmmm I don't know about that one:ryan3:

:coffee2:

some takes in this page 

spacer.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Dear Reader said:

some takes in this page 

spacer.png

I've been missing this gif. 

spacer.png

• Like 1

Haven't listened to that borefest (:foot:) Fortnight since the Style version dropped. 

But these 2 remixes are kinda a sleigh :coffee:

I've seen the light on Broken Heart. It's fun, catchy, and weirdly relatable given its inspiration. 

Taylor gets a lot of mileage out of cheesy singles. She cashed that check a little too far (until it bounced!) with the Lover singles, but I think BH is the right second single. Fun narrative, too. 

That said, it still reminds me of diet soda lol. Something is just…missing. It's also too shimmery, I'm getting sick of that quality. 

DB, My Boy, and GAS are the obvious remaining choices. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DevilsRollTheDice said:

I've seen the light on Broken Heart. It's fun, catchy, and weirdly relatable given its inspiration. 

Taylor gets a lot of mileage out of cheesy singles. She cashed that check a little too far (until it bounced!) with the Lover singles, but I think BH is the right second single. Fun narrative, too. 

That said, it still reminds me of diet soda lol. Something is just…missing. It's also too shimmery, I'm getting sick of that quality. 

DB, My Boy, and GAS are the obvious remaining choices. 

Pretty much my thoughts. It used to be my skip (and sometimes it still is if I'm not in the mood), but it's a bit hollow and derivative. It's the best version of it's class of Taylor songs (as I've said, it's a cousin to Bejeweled and Gorgeous with a splash of Stay x3's inbred genetics thrown in), but I don't need any more of them :gaycat4:

As a single (and Italian radio adds are ******* weird so I don't necessarily think this is next in the US), I have a feeling it'd tank horrifically just because that sound is pretty DOA on radio these days, though the streaming numbers will continue to be insane, and it's certainly fast tracking itself to join DBM and august (and probably All Too Well TMV by that time) in the 1B non-singles club. 

• Thanks 1

Pretty much my thoughts. It used to be my skip (and sometimes it still is if I'm not in the mood), but it's a bit hollow and derivative. It's the best version of it's class of Taylor songs (as I've said, it's a cousin to Bejeweled and Gorgeous with a splash of Stay x3's inbred genetics thrown in), but I don't need any more of them :gaycat4:

As a single (and Italian radio adds are ******* weird so I don't necessarily think this is next in the US), I have a feeling it'd tank horrifically just because that sound is pretty DOA on radio these days, though the streaming numbers will continue to be insane, and it's certainly fast tracking itself to join DBM and august (and probably All Too Well TMV by that time) in the 1B non-singles club. 

I laughed aloud :laugh:

But yes, great way to put it. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Broken Heart > Snorenight but I'm sure I'll get some girlies mad 

spacer.png

Spoiler

Even though this Acoustic version is kinda cute I guess… I just need her to put some effort in these, just record some different vocals Taylor pls… they did wonders on the instrumental :heart:

Edited by Dear Reader

Broken Heart is still really good when blasted on full volume in your home or in the car.

But it just doesn't hit the same when played at a party, with headphones on, on the radio, as background noise or at any social event really, imo. I LOVED it at first listen, but it quickly fell down the rankings for me. It reminds me of Girlfriend by Avril; hit potential among the kids, but not something that'll help her brand, make people play the album or gain the respect of the GP.

Just now, Dear Reader said:

Broken Heart > Snorenight but I'm sure I'll get some girlies mad 

spacer.png

Thank god some people still have common sense. :bird:

• Like 1

The sooner y'all accept that the first single should've been Down Bad/Toys, the sooner you'll find peace

spacer.png

• Thanks 1

A normal era:

1st single (one or two weeks after the album announcement): Down Bad

2nd single with the release of the album: But Daddy I Love Him

3rd (promo) single during release week: loml

4th single to end the era: Broken Heart with a tour video 

spacer.png

sorry for the spam but what in the "youtuber" is this Fortnight remix? the instrumental sounds like those DIY videos :deadbanana4:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.