Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

3 hours ago, Great Username said:

Changed lives. Her indie punk error

I've never seen that performance before. I love the acoustic rendition of that song! Now why did she never record an acoustic version for this!

• Replies 50.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

I've decided that this is the Song of Human Existence winner and, shits on everything Mozart or Beethoven ever tried :ryan3:

Edited by wastedpotential
  • Like 5

37 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

I've decided that this is the Song of Human Existence winner and, shits on everything Mozart or Beethoven ever tried :ryan3:

mm wait no I've progressed further in the album and changed my mind. THIS is the greatest sound any living being has ever heard

Ohh how miserable life must be as an alien incapable of ever hearing this song :suburban:

Spoiler

I'm not gonna lie sometimes I feel bad for people who died before Taylor got big because I really do believe they missed out on an integral part of life :gaycat6:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Cruel summer is now the highest charting pop song in South Korea. This era is really her most global :fan:

• Like 5

8 hours ago, wastedpotential said:

mm wait no I've progressed further in the album and changed my mind. THIS is the greatest sound any living being has ever heard

Ohh how miserable life must be as an alien incapable of ever hearing this song :suburban:

Reveal hidden contents

I'm not gonna lie sometimes I feel bad for people who died before Taylor got big because I really do believe they missed out on an integral part of life :gaycat6:

Lol The Prophecy is such a stupid song. It makes me physically cringe. 

• Confused 4
  • Thumbs Down 9

On 7/2/2024 at 11:23 AM, Klein said:

I hope people will give MBOBHFT its flowers in the future because it's one of the most ear-worm chorus on the entire album and top-tier in her career tbh. That thing just gets stuck in your head and good luck getting rid of it. 

You're right. I really hate this song, but the chorus gets stuck in my head too. 

On 7/3/2024 at 2:05 AM, Mr. Duff said:

What if she goes really left-field and release a single that we won't expect (eliminating ICDIWABH, Down Bad, Guilty as Sin, MBBHFT, WAOLOM)?

What if she releases a ballad? loml, The Black Dog, TSMWEL or How Did It End would be amazing. If there's a potential hit in there aside form the obvious ones, my bet would be So High School or imgonnagetyouback. I would love I Hate It Here to be a single too, it sounds heavenly even though radio definitely won't embrace it.

This song unexpectedly turned into one of my favorites from the album. I was just on a 2-week vacation w/ some non-Swifties, and this and Fortnight were hands down the favorites the couple of times I played TTPD.

1 hour ago, on the line said:

Omg omagine being this tasteless and soulless. How come?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, on the line said:

It's called being a top, sweetie.

I've met tops with better taste :gaycat2:

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Dear Reader said:

I've met tops with better taste :gaycat2:

Don't blame me (or make me listen to reputation) that your ******* tastes rotten!

The Black Dog is the best song of all time imagine if it was on the main album instead of The Alchemy 

on the latest update on kworb (so i think tues?), taylor still had 12 songs over a million. 8 from this album plus

cruel summer

lover

cardigan

august

the folk/lover supremacy tbh. i wonder if taylor would ever actually consider making august a single; its longevity has been amazing.

poor midnghts tho.

36 minutes ago, Burqa said:

The Black Dog is the best song of all time imagine if it was on the main album instead of The Alchemy 

Title track is in the main album and you come for The Alchemy? :suburban:

1 hour ago, Burqa said:

As much as i love The Black Dog. loml is rightfully taking it place as the piano ballad of the album.

Just be thankful that she gave us The Anthology right away and not making us wait for another 10 years to hear those vault songs. 

4 hours ago, on the line said:

It's always the Mother stans… :shakeno:

THIS IS PURE EXCELLENCE.

4 hours ago, on the line said:

you know it's never too late to delete this post. we can all collectively pretend we never saw it :clack:

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Goaty said:

you know it's never too late to delete this post. we can all collectively pretend we never saw it :clack:

OK, that made me lol.

I get why soggy bottoms like it (and they have the right to do so), but it just doesn't fit Taylor imo. Feels a bit too try hard.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Taylor fanboy said:

It's always the Mother stans:shakeno:

THIS IS PURE EXCELLENCE.

like as in evermore/red tv stans?

i appreciate The Prophecy for its message and i feel her sadness, but it is a little annoying. the 'pad around' line and chorus melody. and then 'pad around' being repeated at the end :rip: that's her main writing flaw on TTPD, she keeps repeating verse lines at the end when it's not needed.

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, wastedpotential said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

when things get hard i keep reminding myself i can't kill myself because i need to know what taylor does next, like FOMO is strong with miss swift :gaycat6:

• Haha 2

Repeating the beginning of the song at the end of the song is kind of a quintessential Taylor writing device and she's been doing it her entire career lol this is not TTPD specific. She literally does it on her very first three singles.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Saint James said:

i appreciate The Prophecy for its message and i feel her sadness, but it is a little annoying. the 'pad around' line and chorus melody. and then 'pad around' being repeated at the end :rip: that's her main writing flaw on TTPD, she keeps repeating verse lines at the end when it's not needed.

Yes, annoying! That's a great way to describe it. It's not bad per se, just very annoying.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.