• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

• ATRL Moderator
3 hours ago, Michael196 said:

11th week is locked, HDD didn't even bother with an article on saturday which means that new releases are barely scratching top 20, let alone top 10

But with Zack & Eminem back to back and the last variants getting shipped this week, it will take for her to drop Anthology on physicals to get another week at the top, otherwise TTPD will be stuck at a 3-way tie for her longest #1 with Fearless & 1989.

lol all of Megan’s projects have gone top 10 since 2019. I doubt Megan’s pure sales are enough to dethrone TTPD though

• Like 2

2 hours ago, piotrert said:

so high school in todays update: +3.3mln (400%) :WAP:

Not Trisha in the comments stanning. Everybody tuned in. :dies:

But seriously, it is nice to see Taylor so happy and celebrated by her partner. I was at the first two London shows and saw Travis up close. He's even more handsome IRL. :gaycat2:

Edited by Mandalore
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Arrows said:

54 more weeks… Do we think she'll do it?

Her smash albums (Fearless/1989/TTPD) average around 11 weeks at the top. TTPD might go slightly above that but still. Doable but a slow process imo. It also depends on how many new albums she's going to release moving forward.

even if TTPD does "only" 11 weeks at #1, it's still batshit CRAZY for anyone this far into their career to be doing double digits numbers at #1

Spoiler

not to mention she did this TWICE already :gaylorcat2:

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Arrows said:

I could see it happening long term but that will take 10-20 years unless she manages to remain at her current level of popularity and productivity which is pretty much impossible. 

• Like 2

Yeah I also think she will overtake The Beatles but it'll take a while, which is totally expected. The fact that it's even possible is nuts. I'm sure she has one more smash album on the TTPD level (10+ weeks at #1) in her. Plus, even once she stops getting hit singles or being a "current" artist, I wouldn't be shocked if she manages to still have some truly smash albums. Like folklore, lucky timing and some tactics to get more weeks on top. Obviously she'll still have huge albums for the rest of her career, but I'm talking relative to her astronomical standards. 

I hope they manage to get TTPD to at least 12 weeks once Eminem's release has calmed down. Jimin and Stray Kidz are releasing the week after, so there's also that. Literally all they need to do is have Anthology CDs printed, it's so low effort and would sell a lot… lest we forget she sold like 200k CDs of Midnights version 73837295 in one city :suburban:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Holiest Dreams said:

Yeah I also think she will overtake The Beatles but it'll take a while, which is totally expected. The fact that it's even possible is nuts. I'm sure she has one more smash album on the TTPD level (10+ weeks at #1) in her. Plus, even once she stops getting hit singles or being a "current" artist, I wouldn't be shocked if she manages to still have some truly smash albums. Like folklore, lucky timing and some tactics to get more weeks on top. Obviously she'll still have huge albums for the rest of her career, but I'm talking relative to her astronomical standards. 

I hope they manage to get TTPD to at least 12 weeks once Eminem's release has calmed down. Jimin and Stray Kidz are releasing the week after, so there's also that. Literally all they need to do is have Anthology CDs printed, it's so low effort and would sell a lot… lest we forget she sold like 200k CDs of Midnights version 73837295 in one city :suburban:

Actual weeks at #1 BB200: 79 

We could add: 

- 2 more weeks from TTPD

- 6 weeks from Reputation TV

- 3 weeks from Taylor Swift TV (if she release it on christmas period it could reach even 4/5 weeks ) 

So 90 weeks. 

I can see TS12 and TS 13 doing the same weeks of Folklore or Midnights so we can say at least 7 weeks for album. We are at 104 weeks and counting other projects, a Lover deluxe with new version, Midnights 3AM and The Anthology physicals we can reach 110 weeks by the end of decade. I can see Taylor doing the 2030s like Beyoncé is doing the 2020s, every 2 years a new album and 2-3 weeks at number one, so reaching The Beatles isn't impossible but we need of a good strategy to secure that more number one weeks

• Like 2

GAS :jonny5:

Most weeks on the Hot 100:

1. Midnights — 201 (208 w/ YLM)
  2. 1989 — 192
  3. Fearless — 180
  4. TTPD — 167 (+5)
  5. Red — 147
  6. Taylor Swift — 144
  7. Lover — 141 (147 w/ AOTGYLB)
  8. Speak Now — 130
  9. Reputation — 95
  10. 1989 (TV) — 77
  11. Red (TV) — 55
  12. Folklore — 45
  13. Evermore — 37
  14. Speak Now (TV) — 33
  15. Fearless (TV) — 12

Edited by Michael196
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, wehavetostan said:

lol all of Megan's projects have gone top 10 since 2019. I doubt Megan's pure sales are enough to dethrone TTPD though

Hopefully she does, but the bar for the top 10 these past few months have been relatively higher than the past few years…

4 hours ago, Arrows said:

TTPD (2024): 4 more wks

rep TV (2025): 4 wks

Self title TV (2025): 4 wks

TS12 (2026): 8 wks

TS13 (2027): 10 wks

TS14-TS15 (2030): 15 wks

TS16-TS18 (2035): 10 wks 

I can see her pulling it off tbh 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Michael196 said:

GAS :jonny5:

Most weeks on the Hot 100:

1. Midnights — 201 (208 w/ YLM)
  2. 1989 — 192
  3. Fearless — 180
  4. TTPD — 167 (+5)
  5. Red — 147
  6. Taylor Swift — 144
  7. Lover — 141 (147 w/ AOTGYLB)
  8. Speak Now — 130
  9. Reputation — 95
  10. 1989 (TV) — 77
  11. Red (TV) — 55
  12. Folklore — 45
  13. Evermore — 37
  14. Speak Now (TV) — 33
  15. Fearless (TV) — 12

not this the same day as the "flop songs" thread lol :gaycat6:

• Haha 2

Twitter is saying she's shipping the acoustic version this week, so she's aiming for the 11th week. Do you think she will try to aim for the 12th week? 

Your hologram stumbled into my apartment
Hands in the hair of somebody in darkness named Chloe or Sam or Sophia or Marcus
And I just watched it happen

Why is this intro so catchy? Ugh, it's been stuck in my head for a month 

2Wj09o9.gif

Edited by mael
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, MardinBeksloy said:

Twitter is saying she's shipping the acoustic version this week, so she's aiming for the 11th week. Do you think she will try to aim for the 12th week? 

I say release digital "Clara Bow x The Lucky One (Live from Dublin)" variant next well :WAP:

what's stopping you, queen 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MardinBeksloy said:

The Zach Bryan release this coming week looks like it will make things difficult without a significant promotional push. Week 11 will probably be the last consecutive week and the last #1 week until later in July at the earliest.

I really would love if she tried to block Eminem… I don't think she'll even try, but it would be a fun battle.

26 minutes ago, Dear Reader said:

I really would love if she tried to block Eminem… I don't think she'll even try, but it would be a fun battle.

I doubt it. Eminem will probably do 500k i think. He has a huge fanbase. And who knows maybe a hit single with the album release. Also taylor could have other weak weeks easily...why waste it on a single week instead of spacing it out and get more weeks at number 1.

39 minutes ago, Dear Reader said:

Her team only tries when there's a chance and it's close. Don't think it will be the case for his release week. Maybe other weaker ones. 

1 minute ago, Mandalore said:

Her team only tries when there's a chance and it's close. Don't think it will be the case for his release week. Maybe other weaker ones. 

Yeah, that's true. I just wish she would release The Anthology vinyls to see its strength :lakitu: just play the game a bit and make it a fun week with a lot of internet fumes. 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.