Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

the way i listen to this album everyday and still can't truly figure it out or make my own tracklist... there are several songs on TA that feel vital to the story and need to be together.

• Like 2

• Replies 50.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

10 hours ago, Saint James said:

the way i listen to this album everyday and still can't truly figure it out or make my own tracklist... there are several songs on TA that feel vital to the story and need to be together.

Completely agree that this album isn't whole without The Anthology. I don't trust any reworked tracklist that doesn't have at least Chloe, How Did It End and The Prophecy. 

I kinda hope she can win Best Music Film at the Grammys, a lot of the most legendary tours have won it for their films. It's one of her more likely wins imo.

Otherwise, best video and best pop duo/group performance ar the most likely.

Spoiler

A 5th AOTY is also not impossible, honestly

Edited by Arrows
  • Like 2

100% of the backlash to ttpd was because Midnights won aoty. The bitterness from both stans and critics was so telling. 

Spoiler

Funny how we're repeatedly told that the Grammy don't matter yet each year their meltdowns get bigger and bigger.

Spoiler

Midnights and ttpd should change scores and accolades. Midnights is a good pop album, but she was holding herself back and oversimplifying her songwriting for GP appeal. A 76 meta score is perfect for it. Ttpd is a career defining classic album.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, Cleanromantic said:

100% of the backlash to ttpd was because Midnights won aoty. The bitterness from both stans and critics was so telling.

Yeah, the hate train kinda exploded with Grammys. TTPD may not be her best album ever, but acting like it was the worst album of the year was so performative.

my gym played The Prophecy today. it was an...interesting choice.

no one reacted either way though

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, piotrert said:

welp

22 (-1) Fortnight - 3 399 652

23 (+1) Cruel Summer - 3 326 903

Honestly surprised it hasn't it hasn't passed Fortnight yet. I predicted early June it would have passed it. Eras your effect seems smaller now a days than 6 months ago or a year ago for example. 

CS still charging fast to 3B though 

The fact that there still is no talk of another single makes me really think TV's are coming sooner than later 

21 hours ago, Arrows said:

I kinda hope she can win Best Music Film at the Grammys, a lot of the most legendary tours have won it for their films. It's one of her more likely wins imo.

Otherwise, best video and best pop duo/group performance ar the most likely.

Hide contents

A 5th AOTY is also not impossible, honestly

The year is literally all about her and no one else in music. No one even comes close to her level of hype and cultural relevance which is pretty funny because pretty much every pop girl released this year. She deserves AOTY and if she doesn't get it it is simply a timing issue.

Edited by AbeHicks

They really need to move on to single #2 now. I know the likelihood for a second single is pretty low but we need one...i dont even care which song will be a single at this point...we just need another lol

• Like 1

Words from the mouths of babes, promises oceans deep but never to keep.

Did you take all my old clothes?

That lore will forever be heartbreaking. :weeps:

Edited by Taylor fanboy

I would love an album full of guilty of sin 😫

black dog 

how did it end

lloml

GAS

TSMTEL

Imagine a music video for Guilty As Sin? featuring the album cover, everything happens inside that border, without seeing any faces—different hands and arms similar to *coughs* Joe, Matty, and Travis joins her in bed and caresses  her.

And by the end of the song, the camera slowly pans out to full resolution and the final hand touching Taylor's face during "Am I allowed to cry?" is revealed to be Travis. :WAP:

I'm so CREATIVE like that. Rina Yang could never!

OH how I doubted Aaron and Taylor on release day with this one.

Aging like the finest wine on the standard version.

LOVE the sonical call back to Call It What You Want without sounding tacky or repetitive unlike Jack's reuse of MID synths.

• Like 1

Rep tv announcement tn? Insta post is suspicious 

10 minutes ago, 19SLAYty9 said:

What is suspicious about Taylor Nation asking something about the 1989 outfit? 

11 minutes ago, Klein said:

Black and white filter suddenly coming back and them posting the same photo from before the 1989 announcement in b&w yesterday

Edited by 19SLAYty9

1 minute ago, 19SLAYty9 said:

Black and white filter suddenly coming back 

Well isn't the black and white filter part of the TTPD campaign? She's not going to do black and white filters twice in a row for TTPD and Rep TV. 

31 minutes ago, 19SLAYty9 said:

all their concert insta posts have had that b&w/sepia filter since TTPD era started (minus fan pics and that one Taylor and Travis post because he brought color back to her face wbk )

I've been listening to the instrumentals for TTPD and there's so many elements I didn't notice. Jack did that. So many synths and shiny noises I hadn't known were there. Really makes the back half of the album feel more cohesive with the first 4 tracks 

44 minutes ago, 19SLAYty9 said:

33 minutes ago, Klein said:

22 minutes ago, 19SLAYty9 said:

Black and white filter suddenly coming back and them posting the same photo from before the 1989 announcement in b&w yesterday

20 minutes ago, Klein said:

Well isn't the black and white filter part of the TTPD campaign? She's not going to do black and white filters twice in a row for TTPD and Rep TV. 

12 minutes ago, Mandalore said:

all their concert insta posts have had that b&w/sepia filter since TTPD era started (minus fan pics and that one Taylor and Travis post because he brought color back to her face wbk )

TN reposted a photo from LA the night before the 1989TV announcement. This time, the photo is b&w.

The only photo they have reposted from the tour. 

Announcement tonight? 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.