Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

The Anthology side is HITTING so hard this morning. It might be because I want to die and disappear :heart:

• Like 6

• Replies 50.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

will I always… wonder? :heart:

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, taylor__fan said:

It's not like this is something new. It is a very similar strategy that what she did with the signed copies with Folklore.

And for that we also only got 1 music video and 1 single.

Comparing cheap acoustic versions is not the same as signed copies? I wouldn't say anything if she was just releasing signed copies as I think they have value. 

And for folklore, we still got what I consider the absolute BEST promotional thing of her entire career with LPSS. This is definitely the most amazing thing she has ever done to promote her material (as a fan at the very least). Discussing the inspiration/writing process of each song and playing them acoustic was just simply incredible. 

11 hours ago, Cleanromantic said:

You guys are letting the bitter f*g* of atrl and twitter get to you. 

You know, it's possible to have an opinion on the matter without it being because of OTH discourse. See below my opinions on the variants. 

10 hours ago, YR. said:

I'm very pleased to see there are still sane people in this thread, thank you 

And I also don't align with your hatred of the variants in general either. 

I don't have any problem about variants in general. She could release 150 of them each week and I wouldn't bat an eye... if they had any value. I just don't like these ones specifically because I think these "acoustic" versions are CHEAP. I wouldn't care one bit if all these variants just had 1 track from The Anthology for example (though I'm patiently waiting for a support with all 31 tracks on it). It's just the specific case of these "acoustic" variants I don't like because they just have nothing valuable, even quite the opposite in my eyes. 

9 hours ago, Meev said:

I feel that swifties who complain about Taylor doing variants should just hang up their Stan card and stan someone else. Taylor has been doing some sort of variants since 1989. If you are so against it, either shut up or go away. No one is forcing you to buy them, and it is not like you would even know about them until OTHs complains about them. A lot of us actually like the variants that Taylor puts out, and the variants are for collectors like us. If you are not going to buy them, that's fine but don't complain about them, especially if you don't buy physical or digital albums anyway.

And no, I won't stop loving Taylor because of them, like tf with suggesting we should get out the door because we voice a negative opinion on the quality of variants of all things. :rip:

I'm also not stopping you from buying them, or calling for a #SpeakUpNow movement, or thinking you are lesser than someone else for buying them (and inversely, you're not better for not buying them)... Like I'm literally just sharing my opinion on them, which is not different than saying "I like this song", "I dislike this one", "the structure of that song is interesting", "that dress is great" or "I don't like her outfit"... I'm also not out there campaigning alongside OTH to drag Taylor for it. 

All I'm doing is criticizing the quality of the variants (to me, that's amazing if others love them), and wishing that if we get them (which I have absolutely nothing against, let me re-iterate), I'd rather have them offer something worthwhile. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Klein said:

Comparing cheap acoustic versions is not the same as signed copies? I wouldn't say anything if she was just releasing signed copies as I think they have value. 

And for folklore, we still got what I consider the absolute BEST promotional thing of her entire career with LPSS. This is definitely the most amazing thing she has ever done to promote her material (as a fan at the very least). Discussing the inspiration/writing process of each song and playing them acoustic was just simply incredible. 

You know, it's possible to have an opinion on the matter without it being because of OTH discourse. See below my opinions on the variants. 

And I also don't align with your hatred of the variants in general either. 

I don't have any problem about variants in general. She could release 150 of them each week and I wouldn't bat an eye... if they had any value. I just don't like these ones specifically because I think these "acoustic" versions are CHEAP. I wouldn't care one bit if all these variants just had 1 track from The Anthology for example (though I'm patiently waiting for a support with all 31 tracks on it). It's just the specific case of these "acoustic" variants I don't like because they just have nothing valuable, even quite the opposite in my eyes. 

And no, I won't stop loving Taylor because of them, like tf with suggesting we should get out the door because we voice a negative opinion on the quality of variants of all things. :rip:

I'm also not stopping you from buying them, or calling for a #SpeakUpNow movement, or thinking you are lesser than someone else for buying them (and inversely, you're not better for not buying them)... Like I'm literally just sharing my opinion on them, which is not different than saying "I like this song", "I dislike this one", "the structure of that song is interesting", "that dress is great" or "I don't like her outfit"... I'm also not out there campaigning alongside OTH to drag Taylor for it. 

All I'm doing is criticizing the quality of the variants (to me, that's amazing if others love them), and wishing that if we get them (which I have absolutely nothing against, let me re-iterate), I'd rather have them offer something worthwhile. 

The way you can actually put my thoughts into words. I 100% agree with everything you said :clap3:

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Dear Reader said:

she's not appreciated enough for being the best out of the original 4 initial variants :clap3:

Incredible 10/10 song. I just fear she has two 11/10s sisters in the name of The Albatross and The Bolter. :clap3:

35 minutes ago, Dear Reader said:

will I always… wonder? :heart:

I feel like this song is the emotional centerpiece of the entire album. It definitely should've been on the main album because it explains the demise of the relationship better than any other song on the 31-tracks set ever could. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Klein said:

I feel like this song is the emotional centerpiece of the entire album. It definitely should've been on the main album because it explains the demise of the relationship better than any other song on the 31-tracks set ever could. 

I love it when she ends a song with a Question…?.mp3 :jonnycat:

Its like a movie with no ending, you can guess what happened next :jonnycat:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dear Reader said:

she's not appreciated enough for being the best out of the original 4 initial variants :clap3:

:gayalipacat5:

Just now, Gladiator said:

:gayalipacat5:

Certainly a cute track, but cute next to gorgeous.mp3… 

• Like 1

Pop Radio:   
#6. Fortnight (=) *Peak*
Spins: 11.785 (+68)
Aud: 28.591M (+0.096M)

Hot AC Radio:
#1. Fortnight (=) *Peak*  
Spins: 5.673 (+60) 
Aud: 19.307M (+0.078M)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Dear Reader said:

The Boring Dog just isn't it. The Bolter's the "bonus track" I **** with.

• Thumbs Down 2

I cant wait til the Down Bad (Acoustic) cds ship, I need to hear that :jonny5:

• Like 2

the more i delve into the matty lore i more i realise how many other songs seem to be about him mostly folklore-midnights:jonny: blondie was really going through it

Edited by Elliot

The black dog is just so good. The way you can just hear her anger palpably through the whole song until the climax:falcon:

jack gets so much hate but he ends up producing the favorites 

(Aaron still devoured with cosmo)

• Like 2

I need Fresh Out the Slamme Acoustic worships ASAP :jonny: also the Fortnight Acoustic CD cover is one of the best variants mefinks, that shot from the music video is so pretty

• Like 2

Has anyone seen a theory about a possible connection between GAS and august?

What if he's written mine on my upper thigh/ your back beneath the sun, wishing i could write my name on it

I just realized this yesterday 

:suburban:

• Like 1

so stable

the way ICDIWABH, DB, GAS? and WAOLOM? are all outdoing Lavender Haze at the same point :WAP: so many hits in 1 album

• Like 4

All these weeks later and Down Bad still hits hard, especially the how dare you think it's romantic leaving me safe and stranded? part.

Yes Crying GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

1 hour ago, cruelhprince said:

so stable

the way ICDIWABH, DB, GAS? and WAOLOM? are all outdoing Lavender Haze at the same point :WAP: so many hits in 1 album

It's really impressive that it is still mirroring a Midnights-like stability/longevity despite pulling 10M more streams daily. :clap3:

We need the people to wake up to Fresh Out The Slammer though. Swifties need to get to work to make it go viral. 

• Like 5

we are approaching christmas period for midnights, so it's streams will further crater compared to ttpd

The album passed SOS and is now my 17th most played album of all time and 4th most played release of the decade, trailing folklore, evermore, and Midnights

• Like 1

if we look at the science 

Classic sounding TS album - Self-Titled, Red, Lover, Midnights

Commercial Success hungry album - Fearless, 1989, folklore, TTPD

Tasteful albums - Speak Now, reputation, evermore, TS12

it seems like a tasteful album is coming next :clap3:

Okay but Clara Bow needs more streams 

• Like 1

the modern day all too well… i don't know what else to tell you 

• Like 3

Please Please Please would have been a cute song on TTPD tbh :eli: Kinda mad he didnt give that production to Tay tbh :eli: 

---------

ok time for single #2 miss Swift! Give us Broken Heart on radio come on!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.