Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

Obligatory disclaimer that you're free to do whatever you want with your own money, we don't have to accept what Taylor does uncritically, you don't have to kiss her ass every other day to be a "real" fan, your views are valid even if you disagree with me/whoever else, etc. etc.

But anyways. The fact remains that the ATWTMVTVFTVSGAVRALPS chanteuse will continue to push variants due to a very simple principle:

spacer.png

and even if only the most braindead/cupcake/cultish/[insert derogatory adjective] swiffers buy it, by the sheer size of her fanbase that's a cute 10k-ish sales in the bag. This is fundamentally not different from what other artists do expect for the (un)fortunate fact that Taylor Swift has a huge fanbase :coffee2:

And to be honest, I don't know why some of you are so concerned with this potentially "cheapening her brand" - if you're tuned in enough to know that Taylor has dropped another acoustic version or whatever then you probably already have some settled view of Taylor already, the GP largely does not give a flying **** of her chart fraud antics. Sure, Tree Paine is a shitty publicist but the way some feign concern for her PR'd image as if it affects the innate artistic value of her work is... I don't want to sound presumptuous but, given that we're all in here, we at least like her music right? Why are we so concerned about how other people view her (music) when honestly the only thing that matters is if we like it? I mean we survived the... less-than-stellar Metacritic scores, I think we can handle the white billionaire being dragged for capitalism for like the 20th time...

I just think one drawback of being a stan of The Literal Biggest Pop Star On The Planet Right Now (or a stan of anyone, really) is that sometimes we see how the sausage is made a bit too close for our comfort and realize that she isn't the 16-year-old girlie hustling from radio station to radio station in bumfuck nowhere and reacting with fans on MySpace who was Just Like You (TM) anymore, and so suddenly you remember that Capitalism Exists. But that's always how it's been and will most likely be in the near future, and it's not like stanning other MPGs would be different, so... :michael:

I'm not gonna lecture y'all on how to feel about any of this because that's silly - I think ultimately it all depends on how you rate Taylor Alison Swift as a person, and that's totally your prerogative. I just personally don't think it's fair to discredit the merit of her work just because she decided to market it more heavy-handedly, just like it's also unfair to call an album bad (in terms of quality) just because it flopped commercially.

Spoiler

I do wish she'd put some acoustic versions on streaming though :ryan3: occasionally there are some good ones, I remember the Lav Haze one surprised me

• Like 5

• Replies 50.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

If she would just press the double vinyl album she would sell way more copies than all of these variants combined.

Pop Radio:   
#6. Fortnight (+1) *Re-Peak*
Spins: 11.717 (+116)
Aud: 28.495M (+0.158M)

Hot AC Radio:
#1. Fortnight (=) *Peak*  
Spins: 5.613 (+31) 
Aud: 19.229M (-0.128M)

• Like 3

TTPD still remains some of her best work, endless variants or not. Cry at the gym, girl

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

OH that one sonic similarity in Robin and Peace, I- 

:deadbanana2:

Spoiler

I definitely heard it before now but tbh I don't play Robin much, however I'm listening to the album on shuffle rn and it just stands out so much :gaycat6:

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, 1989 said:

Reveal hidden contents

I definitely heard it before now but tbh I don't play Robin much, however I'm listening to the album on shuffle rn and it just stands out so much :gaycat6:

I love when she subtly references her own songs. I hear it all the time.

• Like 4

Imgonnagetyouback came on shuffle after a few weeks of not hearing it and I'm OBSESSED again. The bridge is one of her best :jonny6:

• Like 4

Everything about this album has been such a joke :rip: the music being panned by almost everyone who's not a swiftie, the lead single freefalling on the charts, the countless useless unexplainable variants when she could be just putting these acousting/voice memo/demos/whatever versions on spotify, the fact that most of the songs aren't even about her 6 years long relationship like she made us believe but about her humiliating herself for some n4z1 rat :rip:

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 5

Does she not realize another single would do wonders for her sales/streams? All she needs is good playlisting and a radio push with a video. :jonnycat:

This album is gonna hit 10B with ease regardless but it could smash harder with another single, it's been 2 months already and her fans are hungry to help push. 

Im a Billie fan too but she's literally pushing like 4 songs.  Her album is getting great numbers considering it's such a small album. 

Radio single Lunch

Music Video Lunch and Chihiro

Streaming Juggernaut future radio smash birds of a feather 

Live performance "The Greatest"

Taylor take notes! I know she doesn't have to and doesn't need to prove anything, but we deserve a full fledged era. The TTPD era would be iconic if she  actually cared for things other than album sales 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pinkbowvintage said:

the way But Daddy I Love Him has Sparks Fly levels of iconic replay value :clap3: a soaring, driving chorus masterpiece :jonnycat:

The bridge def has that Sparks Fly level of excellence in melody wise

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LostInStereo100 said:

Does she not realize another single would do wonders for her sales/streams? All she needs is good playlisting and a radio push with a video. :jonnycat:

This album is gonna hit 10B with ease regardless but it could smash harder with another single, it's been 2 months already and her fans are hungry to help push. 

Im a Billie fan too but she's literally pushing like 4 songs.  Her album is getting great numbers considering it's such a small album. 

Radio single Lunch

Music Video Lunch and Chihiro

Streaming Juggernaut future radio smash birds of a feather 

Live performance "The Greatest"

Taylor take notes! I know she doesn't have to and doesn't need to prove anything, but we deserve a full fledged era. The TTPD era would be iconic if she  actually cared for things other than album sales 

Not only is Billie only on her 3rd album and had something to prove after the dip she experienced with her prior album, she also has all the time in the world as her tour isn't starting for another few months.

Taylor meanwhile is on her 11th album, the album is selling & streaming like crazy already, she is also currently going through 50 stadium shows in just 3 months and has to prepare the rollout for the next Taylor's Version.

To suggest Taylor to take notes, when she already did more than Billie did when she was at that stage of her career is so funny… :laugh:

• Like 4

:deadbanana:

• Thumbs Down 1

6 hours ago, YR. said:

You're a dog ****** :lmao:  no critical thoughts just pushing bucks for master Tay yassss 

Aren't you the pathetic **** downvoting everyone in here? You're such a loser, idk why you're still here crying about some dumbass variants nobody even cares about 

Also go **** yourself with that weird race **** you're doing

I ******* hate this fanbase sometimes :bibliahh:why did I have to stan Taylor Swift and not some wannabe Z-lister

I honestly think sociological studies should be conducted on this mess of a fanbase because the way we interact with her music and the girlie herself (and with other fans :mandown:) is just so ******* fascinating

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, 4Real said:

Everything about this album has been such a joke :rip: the music being panned by almost everyone who's not a swiftie, the lead single freefalling on the charts, the countless useless unexplainable variants when she could be just putting these acousting/voice memo/demos/whatever versions on spotify, the fact that most of the songs aren't even about her 6 years long relationship like she made us believe but about her humiliating herself for some n4z1 rat :rip:

Dear Lord do y'all just make **** up now? Some of you are so damn weird 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Feanor said:

Not only is Billie only on her 3rd album and had something to prove after the dip she experienced with her prior album, she also has all the time in the world as her tour isn't starting for another few months.

Taylor meanwhile is on her 11th album, the album is selling & streaming like crazy already, she is also currently going through 50 stadium shows in just 3 months and has to prepare the rollout for the next Taylor's Version.

To suggest Taylor to take notes, when she already did more than Billie did when she was at that stage of her career is so funny… :laugh:

I literally said that in my post. Taylor has nothing to prove. 

Im just saying her fans want and deserve a full fledged era of radio pushes, playlisting, music videos etc. 

Taylor probably won't be doing that cause she has nothing left to prove. You can tell she put a lot of effort into this album, it would be great if her songs got the attention they deserved! 

Imagine the potential visuals for GAS, DB, My Boy, Broken Heart, :jonny4:

She really doesn't have time to worry about that stuff but it would be absolutely iconic if they happened, strike while they are hot and it would do more for her album than releasing so many different versions of her album. 

But with our luck she is gonna move onto the next TV or Next album already :dies: 

Which is still a win :smitten:

• Like 1

I just want Midnights 3am and The Anthology on vinyl, is that too much to ask for? :gaycat6:

• Haha 2

Why are OTHs still lurking and even sometimes posting in this thread? Nearly two months after the release? :deadbanana2:

The hold she has on fans and non-fans alike should honestly be studied. :clap3:

OT: Anyway, finally revisited Speak Now earlier tonight, and while it's still my personal favorite, I do believe TTPD is objectively her best alongside Folklore. Imagine having those two albums as your best work. :jonny5:

Edited by 1989
  • Like 6

4 hours ago, pinkbowvintage said:

the way But Daddy I Love Him has Sparks Fly levels of iconic replay value :clap3: a soaring, driving chorus masterpiece :jonnycat:

The Cruel Summer of TTPD

Taylor's payola is in full swing here in the UK. At least on Apple Music. I'm loving it. Fortnight suddenly returns at the top of today's hits 😂😂😂

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Angelo said:

Taylor's payola is in full swing here in the UK. At least on Apple Music. I'm loving it. Fortnight suddenly returns at the top of today's hits 😂😂😂

I feel like Fortnight might get a big push soon if they don't move to another single first. 

Big radio updates and better playlisting soon :jonny5:  

4 hours ago, 1989 said:

Hide contents

While the Anthology is closer to evermore than to folklore, the final 5 tracks mirror (not sure if it's the right term) folklore's final string, and I really doubt that was unintentional

Cassandra - mad woman

Peter - epiphany

The Bolter - betty

Robin - peace

The Manuscript- hoax

and unsurprisingly these are some of the top tracks off each album…

• Like 4

5 hours ago, maplelattes said:

Pop Radio:   
#6. Fortnight (+1) *Re-Peak*
Spins: 11.717 (+116)
Aud: 28.495M (+0.158M)

Hot AC Radio:
#1. Fortnight (=) *Peak*  

Spins: 5.613 (+31) 
Aud: 19.229M (-0.128M)

When did this happen?? :gaycat6:

Another week... another variant. Im gonna refrain from letting my thoughts on paper but i hope BB rules change so we dont have those going forward for any artist.It is a fraudulent tactic by every artist.

• Thumbs Down 1

she's not appreciated enough for being the best out of the original 4 initial variants :clap3:

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.