Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

I mean, all of these different/acoustic versions aren't my thing (and I haven't bought any), but stuff like this just how you play the game these days, and everyone knows Taylor plays the game better than anyone. No one gets to her status without playing the game of their time, check all the legends. 

If she isn't going to release The Anthology on vinyl anytime soon or ever, then I just want more of the surprise songs available to purchase. Put them on streaming too, Blondie.

:jonny2:

• Like 2

• Replies 53.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

They're literally just 7 bucks too:rip:its not like she puts guns to y'all's heads to buy them, I hadn't even bought 1 physical until now

• Haha 3

Some of you need to start accepting that she has simply moved on from serving "eras" and long promotional cycles and need to adjust your expectations accordingly. :laugh:

The closest thing we got to a proper era was 'Midnights', which was back when she wasn't on tour yet and apart from the "Karma Remix", she did 99% of its promo in one week.

The fact that we even got 'TTPD' is a miracle cause no one even expected another brand new album with her tour only halfway done and with two more TVs to go.

And with how she's already starting to tease 'reputation (TV), it's clear that 'TTPD' was just something she needed to get off her chest and was never meant to be this big, extended era. These variants are just a small push for the album on the side until she's ready to announce the next TV.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Starchild said:

They're literally just 7 bucks too:rip:its not like she puts guns to y'all's heads to buy them, I hadn't even bought 1 physical until now

Did u sleep with a gun underneath our bed? 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Klein said:

I used to not care either, but it's getting hard to ignore how they are doing more harm than good for her now... especially for a mere 10k copies at most. 

Even as a fan, it's getting annoying to see her treat this era like that. TTPD had has the potential to be a career-defining album for her, if treated right. Instead, it's getting closer and closer to be seen as a mere cash-grab in her career when the music is some of the best she's ever released. I know she's on tour, and therefore might not have the time to treat it properly with multiple videos (and she already added a segment to the tour and that is absolutely fantastic and very commendable on her part), but all these variants just for "acoustic" songs (if we can call them that) cheapens the overall high quality artistry of this project. 

I'm very pleased to see there are still sane people in this thread, thank you 

Edited by YR.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

58 minutes ago, Starchild said:

You're a dog ****** :lmao:  no critical thoughts just pushing bucks for master Tay yassss 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 4

I'm pretty sure we are getting ts12 at the end of the yea after rep tv in September and before debut tv. Then extend the tour another leg in the us. Release debut tv in may of next year, followed by ts 13 fall of 2025 :rip: 

• Haha 2

Not the only content this era being endless variants :gaycat6:

• Haha 1

The WAOLOM live performance is absolutely incredible. :clap3:

I'm so proud of her for not giving an F and competing tooth and nail for #1. She CLEARLY wants double digit weeks at #1 (likely as some kind of consolation for the fact that the record was received with semi mixed reviews....she wants to make sure it's at least a statistical juggernaut era and I don't blame her for it). Yall shouldn't be too worried about what ppl think. I think Taylor is aware that this is likely going to be her commercial peak...why not minimalize results as best you can while you still can? Yes there are other ways to do it in a less "embarrassing" way like giving more music videos and releasing physicals of The Anthology but perhaps those are also coming? or perhaps those are just not logistically sound options for her at the moment. To me, this reminds me of when I am graduating with an A in a class and the prof gives us additional essays we can opt to do to increase our grades....I can technically not do them because I already got an A but because I am ambitious AF I tend to do those optional bonus point essays to maximize my results and then aim for an A+. This is what Taylor is doing. I dont see how this is wrong in any way. And at the end of the day...you can CHOOSE to not buy ANYTHING she releases lol. It's totally up to you. 

I for one am proud of her for being so ambitious and shameless about it too :clap3: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

praying she announces/drops a music video on the 13th cause this era is ******* boring

SVHT1.gif

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cleanromantic said:

You guys are letting the bitter f*g* of atrl and twitter get to you.

My opinions of her and her music have nothing to do with what others think of her. The acoustic variants are no exception. 

Yes, I don't have to buy them. And yes, they're at a heavily discounted price. And yes, she loves to "play the game." But there is a line at which "playing the game" comes off as lame and distasteful, and I think she's been flirting with it ever since the bonus track variant vinyls were announced this spring. Hell, I'd say it even goes back to Midnights and how we still don't have a complete collection of all the material released during the era. :rip: 

She'll be the first to get on a soap box about the value of her art — and rightly so — but then sell the art to a level that's basically Pokémon card-collecting levels of commodification. It's off-putting. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6
  • Thumbs Down 3

And I don't see anything wrong with making space in the fandom to voice some displeasure about it. :michael: Ultimately it doesn't influence my life whatsoever, but I still have opinions about it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

• ATRL Moderator

Not buying a CD until it has The Anthology with it

spacer.png

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, cruelhprince said:

praying she announces/drops a music video on the 13th cause this era is ******* boring

SVHT1.gif

A *** can dream sis SVHT1.gif

If she gives us another mv and physicals of The Anthology I will be more than satisfied if she doesnt give us anything else after 

not true...I will keep pushing for at least another 2 mvs and 2 singles so we can have 4 singles and 4 mvs. I want Fortnight, Broken Heart, Down Bad & Guilty As Sin? mvs and I want But Zaddy Me Love Him to also be a country radio single SVHT1.gif

Can't get that tiktok clip outta my head whenever Daddy's chorus hits. iykyk:rip:

We need a variant for every TTPD acoustic performance, like we're way behind, they better get to work and start dropping them soon :coffee2:

• Thumbs Down 1

Is it time for another backlash? We need to trim the FAT. :clap3:

• Haha 1

Peter is so good, it's really become one of my favorites now. :jonny5:

Spoiler

I was going to make a "grown on me" joke given the title of the song, but I'll refrain 

:suburban:

• Haha 6

Yeah y'all can feel however you want, but I'm just excited to get more content, and I can't say I particularly give a **** about the antics that come along with it. It's fun watching people flail around and bash Taylor for having people who actually want to buy her music :ryan3:

Faith of the Scriptures ACOUSTIC?? HELLO? I love a lot of y'all, but I'm too busy throwing a party to hear some of your mildly crotchety opinions on the value of art or whatever. If you lean into it and get over yourselves (ik some of y'all weren't in the fanbase for the spam signed folklore releases but it was a great way to acclimate to her current chart terrorism antics :gaycat4:), it's a lot of fun to spectate the games Taylor is winning :suburban:

Spoiler

If some of y'all are really worried about your fave releasing too frequently, please refer to the link below:

https://atrl.net/forums/topic/395815-rihanna/

:ryan3:

Edited by wastedpotential
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

I feel that swifties who complain about Taylor doing variants should just hang up their Stan card and stan someone else. Taylor has been doing some sort of variants since 1989. If you are so against it, either shut up or go away. No one is forcing you to buy them, and it is not like you would even know about them until OTHs complains about them. A lot of us actually like the variants that Taylor puts out, and the variants are for collectors like us. If you are not going to buy them, that's fine but don't complain about them, especially if you don't buy physical or digital albums anyway.

Edited by Meev
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 6

5 hours ago, SHADE said:

Yep, two new ones just dropped 

really where? LInk?

1 hour ago, Kyle-x said:

Me getting downvoted for saying I ordered a copy of the album in the thread for the album of the artist we stan :rip:

ngl you were my first thought when I saw the OP of that thread. :WAP:

FREEESSH OUT THE SLAMMER OHH

Edited by Taylor fanboy
  • Haha 2

the way But Daddy I Love Him has Sparks Fly levels of iconic replay value :clap3: a soaring, driving chorus masterpiece :jonnycat:

• Like 5

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.