Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

Have any of the songs gone semi viral on tiktok yet? I remember by now Midnight Rain was smashing on tiktok with the vocal effect moment and Bejeweled with that cute little dance... I'd imagine at least one of the more popier songs would be doing something no? Any viral moment?

• Replies 50.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

Every day I am grateful that this album has 31 tracks :jonny5: you LITERALLY can't get bored of it. There's always a couple songs that just pop off every single day depending on how you feel :jonny5:

I hope she continues to feed us like this and not listen to the criticis shaming her for GIVING. I get the whole "consistency and quality" narrative thingy but IDGAF. I just want MORE AND MORE AND MORE. We're all hungry hungry hippos and mother is FEEDING US. Say THANK YOU :jonny5:

• Like 5

I think enough time has passed where I can safely declare this is her best album. :gayalipacat5:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, pinkbowvintage said:

I think enough time has passed where I can safely declare this is her best album. :gayalipacat5:

I agree. I feel like folklore is for pretentious people who never liked Taylor and only flocked to it cause it had indie music cred (I'm not coming for the album, it's still the defining album of the 2020s/ the pandemic). Evermore + TTPD are so much more Taylor, and that's why they're her best albums. Evermore is much darker/ denser than folklore, and TTPD is a return to the overdramatic, unapologetic, brutally honest songwriting of Red and Speak Now, but this time it's more nuanced/ self-aware, and mature :gaycatina1:

• Like 3

Pick your poison babe, I'm poison either way:gaylorcat1:

• Like 3

OLD HABITS DIE SCREEEEEEEAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMM

SVHT1.gif

(ming)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, taylordswift13 said:

Pick your poison babe, I'm poison either way:gaylorcat1:

Oh this song's bridge is excellence. Such a great pop song!

I can feel it comin', hummin' in the way you move
Push the reset button, we're becoming something new
Say you got somebody, I'll say, "I got someone too"
Even if it's handcuffed, I'm leaving here with you
… Bygones will be bygone eras fadin' into gray (fadin' into gray)
We broke all the pieces but still want to play the game (oh)
Told my friends, "I hate you but I love you just the same"
Pick your poison, babe
I'm poison either way

• Like 4

when it sticks, it sticks. :jonnycat:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, IBeMe said:

Have any of the songs gone semi viral on tiktok yet? I remember by now Midnight Rain was smashing on tiktok with the vocal effect moment and Bejeweled with that cute little dance... I'd imagine at least one of the more popier songs would be doing something no? Any viral moment?

I hear Guilty As Sin the most on tik tok, I wouldn't say it's viral but it's definitely popular on there

Edited by greento
  • Like 1

The Alchemy remains criminally underrated. I'll never forget the euphoria I felt the first 5 times I heard it.

SVHT1.gif

• Like 2

any new variants this week LOL

22 minutes ago, torontowest91 said:

reputation (taylor's variant) is coming

1091869763145318411.png?size=240

1091869763145318411.png?size=2401091869763145318411.png?size=2401091869763145318411.png?size=240

1 hour ago, torontowest91 said:

Yep, two new ones just dropped 

Fresh Out The Slammer acoustic :jonnycat: 

• Like 1

EMBARASSING :lmao: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 10

SHIPS ON OR BEFORE 13 JULY 2024

my-baby-proud.gif

• Like 1

Lover is just so bad like I am shocked every time I listen (not often)

Thank the Lord we can laugh about it now that we have supermodels like TTPD

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

i don't care for all these variants, but at least give us videos :deadbanana2:

7 minutes ago, Dear Reader said:

i don't care for all these variants, but at least give us videos :deadbanana2:

I used to not care either, but it's getting hard to ignore how they are doing more harm than good for her now... especially for a mere 10k copies at most. 

Even as a fan, it's getting annoying to see her treat this era like that. TTPD had has the potential to be a career-defining album for her, if treated right. Instead, it's getting closer and closer to be seen as a mere cash-grab in her career when the music is some of the best she's ever released. I know she's on tour, and therefore might not have the time to treat it properly with multiple videos (and she already added a segment to the tour and that is absolutely fantastic and very commendable on her part), but all these variants just for "acoustic" songs (if we can call them that) cheapens the overall high quality artistry of this project. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

43 minutes ago, Klein said:

I used to not care either, but it's getting hard to ignore how they are doing more harm than good for her now... especially for a mere 10k copies at most. 

Even as a fan, it's getting annoying to see her treat this era like that. TTPD had has the potential to be a career-defining album for her, if treated right. Instead, it's getting closer and closer to be seen as a mere cash-grab in her career when the music is some of the best she's ever released. I know she's on tour, and therefore might not have the time to treat it properly with multiple videos (and she already added a segment to the tour and that is absolutely fantastic and very commendable on her part), but all these variants just for "acoustic" songs (if we can call them that) cheapens the overall high quality artistry of this project. 

It's not like this is something new. It is a very similar strategy that what she did with the signed copies with Folklore.

And for that we also only got 1 music video and 1 single.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, taylor__fan said:

It's not like this is something new. It is a very similar strategy that what she did with the signed copies with Folklore.

And for that we also only got 1 music video and 1 single.

Yea idk why suddenly it's any different? Like who cares? If this was really hurting her, she wouldn't still be doing the numbers she's doing and nobody in the real world gives a damn about how many variants an album they like have, all they see is ttpd on streaming and that's it.

Some of y'all are really letting these old queens get to you?:rip:

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

56 minutes ago, Kyle-x said:

New CDs ordered :gaycat4:

I did too, I don't have any physicals this era 

1 hour ago, Klein said:

You guys are letting the bitter f*g* of atrl and twitter get to you. They'll drag and hate her no matter what she does, haven't we seen the way they've been acting like rabies-infested hyenas since the album was released (and really since red tv). They've already started a hate campaign that resulted in the album getting review bombed after Midnight's aoty win, they treat her like she's not a human being on the daily. I'm never seeking the approval or the good graces of these bitter gays, if it's not this, they'll be having a meltdown about something else she's done or didn't do :celestial6:

• Like 6
  • Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.