Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

Down Bad is not that far ahead of GAS on spotify. We might have another potential single in our hands

• Like 2

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

Just now, MatiRod said:

I still think it's this album's best chance at a ROTY nomination though. The song feels meaty even if it's not turning out to be an Anti-Hero style smash, I don't know how else to describe it. "I love you, it's ruining my life" is a great line.

I agree! It feels like a classic I'm glad it's getting radio push right now. All we need is a viral trend now and this can go top 5 or top 3 again 

2 minutes ago, MatiRod said:

I still think it's this album's best chance at a ROTY nomination though. The song feels meaty even if it's not turning out to be an Anti-Hero style smash, I don't know how else to describe it. "I love you, it's ruining my life" is a great line.

I dont see Taylor winning any grammy with this project, unfortunately. 
Maybe BPVA but Im not confident :rip:

The Black Dog is screaming HIT.

• Like 4

FOTS being such a singled out massive nosedive in streams on the tracklists for no reason is sending me :suburban:

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, By the Water said:

Down Bad is not that far ahead of GAS on spotify. We might have another potential single in our hands

Doesn't Down Bad get performed every day? 

GAS is so high based on interest alone :jonny5: 

I only don't mind DB cause of the alien vibe it has with the song and visuals but there many stronger songs on this album 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Post Malone said:

FOTS being such a singled out massive nosedive in streams on the tracklists for no reason is sending me :suburban:

Haha what do you mean. 

Not another 2 variants :rip: Girl, give us The Anthology on CD and vinyl already. 

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, LostInStereo100 said:

Haha what do you mean. 

It's the only song of the first 10 songs below 100 million streams on Spotify at 96 million, the second lowest out of the first 10 songs is at 128 million. It's also the only song out of the first 10 doing less than 1 million daily, currently in the 900k range, the second lowest is still doing 1.2 million. Only I Can Fix Him and Clara Bow are doing less out of the standard edition tracks. :'(

1 hour ago, fridayteenage said:

Its funny when limited editions cost less than the standard. Like they're saying the acoustic bonus is worth negative five dollars

Anyway, let's go thirteen week number ONE album

To be fair, the budget versions don't include the full booklet like the normal version does

1 hour ago, LittleFreak said:

Not another 2 variants :rip: Girl, give us The Anthology on CD and vinyl already. 

Sometime after 3 am physicals are released :coffee:

1 hour ago, aotearoa said:

I dont see Taylor winning any grammy with this project, unfortunately. 
Maybe BPVA but Im not confident :rip:

Yep i think they giving to eilish. I swear they really have a b*ner for her. Im still pissed that taylor never swept the grammys ever in 1 year. But i guess her 4 AOTYS compensate a bit.

• Like 2

combined weeks atop bb200 +h100

191 beatles

123 mariah

110 taylor

92 drake

only 13 away from matching mariah, though mariah will be getting a few more this december

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

combined weeks atop bb200 +h100

191 beatles

123 mariah

110 taylor

92 drake

only 13 away from matching mariah, though mariah will be getting a few more this december

Didnt know that ... i guess she can add some more if she gets another number onnthe hot 100 too.

Posted (edited)

I'm still confused as to why we are saying Fortnight isn't an Anti-Hero sized smash when it's outstreaming it on a day-to-day basis. They are literally neck and neck, and Anti-Hero spent most of its run in the #10-#20 range too so don't even try bringing the "there's more competition now so it should be doing more" narrative. Not that it makes sense anyway, but yeah, there was also a surge of competition in Q1 2023 that pushed AH down a lot. It became such a huge smash because it was slow and steady. 

Obviously it's still too early to know if it'll stabilize as high as AH did long term, but it's performing pretty identically so there's no reason to believe it won't (yet). Like, even the day-to-day ups and downs on Spotify are very similar to AH at the same point.

:suburban:

Edited by Holiest Dreams
  • Thanks 1

idk about Anti-Hero sized but Fortnight is most def a smash. it has 350M streams and it's still pulling 4.7M daily

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Holiest Dreams said:

I'm still confused as to why we are saying Fortnight isn't an Anti-Hero sized smash when it's outstreaming it on a day-to-day basis. They are literally neck and neck, and Anti-Hero spent most of its run in the #10-#20 range too so don't even try bringing the "there's more competition now so it should be doing more" narrative. Not that it makes sense anyway, but yeah, there was also a surge of competition in Q1 2023 that pushed AH down a lot. It became such a huge smash because it was slow and steady. 

Obviously it's still too early to know if it'll stabilize as high as AH did long term, but it's performing pretty identically so there's no reason to believe it won't (yet). Like, even the day-to-day ups and downs on Spotify are very similar to AH at the same point.

I don't think Fortnight is anywhere near as big as AH but it's doing ok. AH's chart run is simply much better in pretty much every market. The US, UK, Germany, Australia, Belgium...

The thing is spotify has somewhat exploded this year and there's a lot of fraudulence going on so Fortnight doing better than AH doesn't say much. I guess the reason why it seems like it's flopping is because TTPD is outdoing Midnights in every aspect except in the lead single department

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Holiest Dreams said:

They were saying Unholy ended Anti-Hero after a month :suburban: everything is a drama with them

• Haha 2

Snatched the new CDs :jonny: I love collecting and this era is the gift that keeps on giving

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Kyle-x said:

Snatched the new CDs :jonny: I love collecting and this era is the gift that keeps on giving

I'm personally very excited to have a bunch of variants and covers of TTPD - I might make a little display with them or something. I get why some people aren't as into it, but to be fair, nobody really has to buy them, and unlike the Midnights special editions, the exclusive tracks on these aren't totally new songs or anything, so I feel like it's not as bad in terms of missing out.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

I'm personally very excited to have a bunch of variants and covers of TTPD - I might make a little display with them or something. I get why some people aren't as into it, but to be fair, nobody really has to buy them, and unlike the Midnights special editions, the exclusive tracks on these aren't totally new songs or anything, so I feel like it's not as bad in terms of missing out.

Totally agree! Nobody is obligated to buy them and I love having little exclusive things to display on my shelves. It's also fun to to wait until you get the CD to hear the new remixes and stuff ddd it feels nostalgic 

4 hours ago, Post Malone said:

I gave it several streams today out of love and respect. 

1 hour ago, By the Water said:

I guess the reason why it seems like it's flopping is because TTPD is outdoing Midnights in every aspect except in the lead single department

Yeah this is very true. If they jump on ICDIWABH I think it will outdo LH and Karma very easily, so could Down Bad, so that will probably even out the perspective. The only thing I didn't like about Midnights is how the following singles didn't reach their full potential because of how huge Anti-Hero was. 

Spoiler

With a music video and proper global radio/streaming push I think ICDIWABH will be bigger than Fortnight but lemme not jinx it :rip: 

• Like 1

Two more variants!  Oh lawd.  GAS? acoustic is exciting though!

I stream FOTS multiple times per day and STILL it lags...Throws hands in the air.  The song is so good.  

Plz Madre Swift give us a long-ish era with TTPD. I want 4 or 5 singles plz madre :'( 

1. Fortnight

2. Broken Heart

3. Down Bad Remix f/ SZA

4. Guilty as Sin?

5. So High School 

maybe release But Daddy I Lurv Him to country radio just for shets and giggles too?

por favor Taylor do this plzzzzzz :'( 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.