Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

1 hour ago, Enrique523 said:

I'm starting to get REALLY worried about the "Swifties for Palestine" movement on Twitter, they're trying to force Taylor to speak up and it will do nothing but create problems. They literally want to scream CEASEFIRE during The Spanish concerts. Even the media is starting to talk about it :rip:

People need to stop with all this performative activism and direct all this energy to POLITICIANS, not popstars or celebrities. Taylor is not gonna be able to end this war by herself, only politicians can do anything. This will all end horribly if this goes on, i'm really getting scared :rip:

Same. They are CRAZY, I mean CRAZY!!!! She should NOT say anything, not her job and it won't change a thing. They are obsessed. Anyway they thought about screaming during the CP applause but the whole crowd screamed Taylor and that was it. They are just doing so much noise on Twitter as always. 

• Like 5

• Replies 50.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

12 hours ago, Kern said:

what's the best gif to describe 'Bolter'?

spacer.png

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, omrimayo said:

Same. They are CRAZY, I mean CRAZY!!!! She should NOT say anything, not her job and it won't change a thing. They are obsessed. Anyway they thought about screaming during the CP applause but the whole crowd screamed Taylor and that was it. They are just doing so much noise on Twitter as always. 

The movement won't settle the war because she is not entitled to do so, but just showing a little support or sharing a link to the fundraise would be nice. More and more celebrities are doing it, and there's nothing scary about that. To post stories for fans to buy useless exclusive album versions, she manages to find her password. I've been a Taylor fan for years, but witnessing "I want to be on the right side of history" seems hypocritical right now (or just applies it when it suits her). It's not surprising that some fans are disappointed by this behavior, but the topic is so sensitive that I admit it's not an easy situation. (same for the US presidential election). 

Anyway, so happy she's back in Spain after all these years :smile:

Edited by Bocanada
  • Like 1

It would be a good thing if Taylor spoke up on things she supported to help a cause, but it's also fine if she doesn't. I don't really care and I can understand why not when it comes to concert safety.

• Like 4

I Look In People's Windows is a career highlight. Why?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, cruelhprince said:

It's unbelievably good. So simple and unique in her discography. The way she says "one more time" at the end is so beautiful.

• Thanks 4

When you really think about it, The Prophecy is kinda the best song of her discography.

• Like 2

TTPD is one of her best albums period. So many people have different favorite songs, it's amazing to see.

• Like 7

Posted (edited)

The way all this can be blamed on the Lover media circuit, or more accurately when Trump got elected and the media decided that Taylor was to blame cuz she was a secret 4chan trumpet which "forced" her into getting political :rip:

Some people need to accept that some people just aren't that suited for politics and that's okay, nobody is entitled to anybody else's opinion :deadbanana4: 

Some people also need to realize that a white billionaire millennial from upper-middle-class suburban Pennsylvania isn't going to align with your political beliefs ever, like I truly don't believe Taylor hates minorities or dons the white hoods at night but do we really need to hear her thoughts on racial equality or the latest conflict in the global South :deadbanana4:

Of course it would be a good thing for Taylor to link a Gaza charity on her Instagram or something, I don't think anyone denies that, but 1. it's been almost 8 months since October 7th already, do we really think anybody who isn't being wilfully ignorant doesn't know about Gaza yet and 2. you just know the keyboard warriors will be saying that it's not enough whatever she does :deadbanana4:

The above more or less applies to all celebrities by the way, if we spent 10% of the energy collating blocklists including Gigi Hadid (??????????) doing something that actually involved politicians I swear to god :deadbanana4:

Edited by AndThenTheCocaine
  • Thanks 6

Let Mother do her concerts in peace.she'a musician not a political person go harass your prime minister,president and ask them to help their neighbor but they wont because of political reasons and youre askin the blank space singer to help. She shouldnt.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Bocanada said:

The movement won't settle the war because she is not entitled to do so, but just showing a little support or sharing a link to the fundraise would be nice. More and more celebrities are doing it, and there's nothing scary about that. To post stories for fans to buy useless exclusive album versions, she manages to find her password. I've been a Taylor fan for years, but witnessing "I want to be on the right side of history" seems hypocritical right now (or just applies it when it suits her). It's not surprising that some fans are disappointed by this behavior, but the topic is so sensitive that I admit it's not an easy situation. (same for the US presidential election). 

Anyway, so happy she's back in Spain after all these years :smile:

Who decide which side is "the right side of the history"?

The situation is a billion times more complicated for you people or her that lives so far and has no idea. In that case - no, she's not supposed to give any opinion about it and yes, it's her right to post about her albums and not anything else. 

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)

The Bolter has gone from being my favorite variant track to being in my top 3 (Chloe and the Tortured Sistrens, The Bolter, and Guilty As Sin?). I like it so much I decided I to buy its physical variant earlier today so I can play it in my car without having to connect to my phone. It definitely is a better immediate follow up to Clara Bow than The Albatross (which is the only other variant physical I have gotten).

:party:

Edited by Gladiator
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, AndThenTheCocaine said:

The way all this can be blamed on the Lover media circuit, or more accurately when Trump got elected and the media decided that Taylor was to blame cuz she was a secret 4chan trumpet which "forced" her into getting political :rip:

Some people need to accept that some people just aren't that suited for politics and that's okay, nobody is entitled to anybody else's opinion :deadbanana4: 

Some people also need to realize that a white billionaire millennial from upper-middle-class suburban Pennsylvania isn't going to align with your political beliefs ever, like I truly don't believe Taylor hates minorities or dons the white hoods at night but do we really need to hear her thoughts on racial equality or the latest conflict in the global South :deadbanana4:

Of course it would be a good thing for Taylor to link a Gaza charity on her Instagram or something, I don't think anyone denies that, but 1. it's been almost 8 months since October 7th already, do we really think anybody who isn't being wilfully ignorant doesn't know about Gaza yet and 2. you just know the keyboard warriors will be saying that it's not enough whatever she does :deadbanana4:

The above more or less applies to all celebrities by the way, if we spent 10% of the energy collating blocklists including Gigi Hadid (??????????) doing something that actually involved politicians I swear to god :deadbanana4:

Mother era really is always to blame.

Glad our The Tortured Poets Department Chairman is attending benefits for Gaza relief. :clap3:

I wonder how many consecutive weeks TTPD can spend at #1 seeing as the rumored Eminem album drop for May 31st just turned out to be a single… for now. Are there any threatening K-pop releases coming up or anything else of note?

6 minutes ago, Holiest Dreams said:

I wonder how many consecutive weeks TTPD can spend at #1 seeing as the rumored Eminem album drop for May 31st just turned out to be a single… for now. Are there any threatening K-pop releases coming up or anything else of note?

the real tragedy would be if no new releases would dethrone ttpd, but morgan's album which is doing 75k each week like damn clock :dies:

3 hours ago, piotrert said:

the real tragedy would be if no new releases would dethrone ttpd, but morgan's album which is doing 75k each week like damn clock :dies:

I'm really gonna need her to pull every trick she can to stay above him as long as possible :rip:

Plus, I think with week six now essentially locked, she really should push to get to ten weeks. It would be so cool for her to have three different albums released in three different decades hit that mark.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cruel Summer said:

I'm really gonna need her to pull every trick she can to stay above him as long as possible :rip:

Plus, I think with week six now essentially locked, she really should push to get to ten weeks. It would be so cool for her to have three different albums released in three different decades hit that mark.

she needs to send a new single to radio and promote it via one of her european shows possibly a music video premiere to boost TTPD. Fortnight is no Anti-hero. Lets be clear on that. Anti hero was a radio smash song. She needs one of those to sustain sales .

Can she send The Black Dog to AAA/AC/Alternative/Country already? :coffee2:

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, kayliah said:

she needs to send a new single to radio and promote it via one of her european shows possibly a music video premiere to boost TTPD. Fortnight is no Anti-hero. Lets be clear on that. Anti hero was a radio smash song. She needs one of those to sustain sales .

I can see ICDIWABH being a huge smash on Europe radio tbh since it's so dance-y

1 hour ago, kayliah said:

My Boy Only Breaks His Favorite Toys is coming.

tenor.gif?itemid=11437569

• Like 2

I think TTPDTA set would've been more viral had she replace Lover set as the opening of the tour.

News outlets are always using her Lover bodysuit in news, and Lover aka Cruel Summer is benefitting from the free media exposure to GP.

imagonnagetyouback should be the next single. I can see radio playing it and a sexy/camp video would do wonders on streaming 

Oh what a valiant roar

What a bland goodbye

crying-sad.gif

• Like 1

19 hours ago, cruelhprince said:

My morning routine lately became putting TTPD on shuffle and crying on that song every time :gaycat7:

Update on my album ranking

Rank Song
1 Fortnight
2 Who's Afraid of Little Old Me?
3 The Albatross
4 The Alchemy
5 Guilty as Sin?
6 Peter
7 I Look in People's Windows
8 I Can Do It With a Broken Heart
9 The Bolter
10 My Boy Only Breaks His Favorite Toys
11 Down Bad
12 But Daddy I Love Him
13 I Hate It Here
14 The Smallest Man Who Ever Lived
15 Florida!!!
16 How Did It End?
17 The Tortured Poets Department
18 Clara Bow
19 So High School
20 So Long, London
21 imgonnagetyouback
22 loml
23 Fresh Out the Slammer
24 The Black Dog
25 Chloe or Sam or Sophia or Marcus
26 The Prophecy
27 Cassandra
28 I Can Fix Him (No Really I Can)
29 Robin
30 The Manuscript
31 thanK you aIMee

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.