Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

Posted (edited)

Can we move to ICDIWABH already...dont release it as a single when theres nogas left in the tank like lavender haze... she can easily score a number 1 in a couple of weeks if it moves on radio quickly like cruel summer .. then with a video, cd single she goes number 1 ... cmon now. Down bad should be released in the fall then loml in winter i guess... and guilty as sin in spring next year.

Edited by kayliah
  • Like 1

• Replies 50.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

Kind of still can't believe, despite the trend for longer albums, Taylor had the audacity to drop a double album. 31 long, wordy, emotional barrage like songs. It's been a while since I'd listened to an album so hostile to being listened to. Especially considering she's more than capable of creating far more concise works, shorter works, easy hit albums, and she'd flexed that on Midnights.

It's like she was tired of everyone begging her to say more and she said, well, let's see how you like this. 

And I'm eating it up, thank you Alison! 

Also today I'm listening a lot to the title track. The absolute delusion of it all. How sparkly the song feels juxtaposed with the lyrics. The insane, repetitive post-chorus that makes me think of Fleetwood Mac's Silver Springs. Not sonically or anything but just the idea of the muse of the song never getting away from the sound of the woman that once loved him.

I assume it was written and recorded before the relationship ended but something about me, the listener, being aware that it was so short-lived despite what she had to say on here...

Oh and the way she sings "cyclone". :jonny:

• Like 6

The fact that I'm featured on one of Taylor Swift's songs (I'm in the crowd screaming along to every word of MBOBHFT(LFP)) :jonnycat:

Spoiler

Now I'm just gonna need her to credit for my beautiful harmonies so the royalties can start coming in

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Hello 👋🏻

Pop Radio:  
#7. Fortnight (=) *Peak #6*
Spins: 10.581 (-2)  
Aud: 26.395M (+0.290M)   

Hot AC Radio:  
#4. Fortnight (=) *Peak*  
Spins: 4.467 (+70)  
Aud: 15.865M (+0.402M)

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Dear Reader said:

I can confirm, I have the same one :heart:

I wonder what it means??

2 hours ago, roso said:

The fact that I'm featured on one of Taylor Swift's songs (I'm in the crowd screaming along to every word of MBOBHFT(LFP)) :jonnycat:

Reveal hidden contents

Now I'm just gonna need her to credit for my beautiful harmonies so the royalties can start coming in

Omg get those royalties!!

3 hours ago, kayliah said:

Can we move to ICDIWABH already...dont release it as a single when theres nogas left in the tank like lavender haze... she can easily score a number 1 in a couple of weeks if it moves on radio quickly like cruel summer .. then with a video, cd single she goes number 1 ... cmon now. Down bad should be released in the fall then loml in winter i guess... and guilty as sin in spring next year.

well apparently it was 39 days between pop radio releases for the midnights era.

it's been 36 days since fortnight's release...

I'm so bored I'm creating Midnights (Aaron's Version) with his TTPD:TA and 3AM / TD tracks, and then, all the Jack ones from both albums into a separate playlist.

The Anthology kinda fits "sleepless nights" throughout our her life.

Now that Cassandra is the best song on the album, time to understand the genius of loml. :heart2:

Also, TS13 probably won't be what we expect it to be. She has always been unexpected, so don't think she would pivot to country, folk or even rock. Maybe another switcheroo entierly. 

HOWEVER, this is TS12 and she knows she has to do it ( even rockier a bit ): 

Spoiler

It's true! Don't Forget Me is fighting TTPD for the top spot so far this year and Taylor would shine equally great on an album like this. :heart:

• Like 5

Taking this time to thank Jack for these midtempo triplets bops. :clap3:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Lemon said:

Now that Cassandra is the best song on the album, time to understand the genius of loml. :heart2:

Also, TS13 probably won't be what we expect it to be. She has always been unexpected, so don't think she would pivot to country, folk or even rock. Maybe another switcheroo entierly. 

HOWEVER, this is TS12 and she knows she has to do it ( even rockier a bit ): 

Reveal hidden contents

It's true! Don't Forget Me is fighting TTPD for the top spot so far this year and Taylor would shine equally great on an album like this. :heart:

Oh exactly. I need her to fully channel the rock influences that've been growing louder in her music. 

Doubt Fitchuk would want to work with her and vice versa though so we might need to start looking for a different dream co-producer for that album. Love Jack and Aaron but it might be time for some new blood :bird:

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, troubled water. said:

Oh exactly. I need her to fully channel the rock influences that've been growing louder in her music. 

Doubt Fitchuk would want to work with her and vice versa though so we might need to start looking for a different dream co-producer for that album. Love Jack and Aaron but it might be time for some new blood :bird:

Phil Ek is also right there and I think she has worked with some of the Fleet Foxes' instrumentalists already. That would sound more folk. 
Not to mention Weather Station's Tamara Hope and Marcus Paquin, who could blend well with poppier tendencies and she could definitely work on rockier sounds with them all. :whistle:

hdd is behind a few weeks, but of the top 50, the bestsellers this year were
2072k tortured poets/taylor
239k cowboy carter/beyonce
209k 1989 tv/taylor
166k lover/taylor
147k folklore/taylor
141k midnights/taylor

for the billboard year of 2023, she ended at 1/2/6/8. wonder how many she'll get this year...

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I'm firm on my 3.5/5 rating. The only full on skip is TSMWEL. I like the tone better from ICDIWABH to TA. 

I also really like Down Bad. I really like it. Down Bad is a smash. It's a very Taylor Swiftian sounding song, in a way that not every song on this album sounds Taylor Swiftian. 

Some of the songs sound a little try-hard or like not for me. But overall i have a positive opinion on the album. The standard edition.

It's not an album i'm rushing to recommend to people. In fact, i haven't heard a full body of work this year i would recommend to my fans yet.

Every album i've heard has qualities that prevent me from fully standing behind them. But individual songs? Sure.

But hey, there are many drops coming, so fingers crossed one of them hits the sweet spot.

Edited by selena_lavigne

Slammer / High Infidelity was so good :jonny:

• Like 2

Oh at TN talking about TVs... if she really killed TTPD already I will have a meltdown :deadbanana4:

• Like 1

I really thought I'd be sick of this album by now but I still listen to it every day and some songs are still growing on me, it's insane. Like I've loved Guilty As Sin? since the beggining but somehow the song keeps growing on me and I keep listening to it on repeat and singing it the whole day, what kind of mental illness is this :jonny2:

• Like 8

loml live is so good :'( I'm glad we got those live tracks

• Like 4

I need her to do drop new live versions every week after the shows so I can assemble THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT: THE ANTHOLOGY LIVE album :jonny: 

• Like 4

BDILH acoustic is very cute (my CD arrived today) :heart:

Happy I have it now so that my digital copy of the album is complete (for now). 38 tracks :deadbanana2:

• Like 3

I need Fresh Out the Slammer x High Infidelity live track NEOWWWWWWW :jonny5:

Her tasteless ass will push Down Bad next, mark my words :coffee2:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AndThenTheCocaine said:

Her tasteless ass will push Down Bad next, mark my words :coffee2:

And ICDIWABH after that but only when the TikTok hype has long since died down :coffee2:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

BDILH acoustic is very cute (my CD arrived today) :heart:

Happy I have it now so that my digital copy of the album is complete (for now). 38 tracks :deadbanana2:

I got mine yesterday :jonny: Her store is so much more efficient these days, I think I heard she got a new team? I know my packages have been coming from Tennessee now instead of Michigan. I'm disappointed that there hasn't been any TTPD confetti though, I've been collecting all the ones I've gotten in a big jar ddd

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lemon said:

Phil Ek is also right there and I think she has worked with some of the Fleet Foxes' instrumentalists already. That would sound more folk. 
Not to mention Weather Station's Tamara Hope and Marcus Paquin, who could blend well with poppier tendencies and she could definitely work on rockier sounds with them all. :whistle:

Tamara would be so perfect. 

KInd of want to see her reach out to the titans of the industry but not the ones who make hit songs this time. Jonny Greenwood, Brian Eno and Reznor/Ross would kind of shock me but also not really. 

• Like 4

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.